Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever happened to the rumor about 3 no shows and you get a time out ?
I didn't see or have heard anything about that being a thing anywhere yet on MDE...
maybe I missed it..
And..... they are not that many streamers and vloggers..even counting friends and family well under a 100, I'm sure all have AP's so not a real factor in taking up many spots.

@CastAStone, if you don't mind me asking, what's your situation? Sorry if you've already explained and I missed it/forgot!

I've gotten myself confused I think. :rotfl: Forgive me!

Do we know if they aren't allowing any room-only stays at all until further notice, in which case everything has to either be made into a package or cancelled? Or is the situation just that if you currently have a room-only reservation for 2021 but were planning to get tickets eventually, you now just have to convert that to a package? All of the info and changes are blending together for me at this point lol. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me that they wouldn't allow any room-only stays at all.... but I absolutely put nothing past Disney right now. :rotfl:

For our December 2020 trip, we've rented a night at Copper Creek for our first night. No tickets for that day, and we hadn't intended to get any because of when our flight gets in. We're just doing an evening at Disney Springs. Day 2, we move over to POFQ (lol maybe) and have tickets as a package for the rest of our dates. I'm really hoping I've misunderstood and we won't have to get tickets we don't want/need for that Copper Creek night LOL.
I have a room only 2020 stay that I want to convert to a 2021 package. :confused:

Yes I selected my party. Then when I selected the date the parks' images below the calendar were all greyed out and it said no availability. I have a resort reservation and park tickets linked. I was able to book all 8 days for the 2 in my room who had 8-day tickets. I was able to book the first day for DH and myself who have both 8day tickets and APs. After booking that first day nothing has shown available since.
You might be caught in an AP rule conflict at the moment. If you plan to use your 8 day tickets instead of your APs, you could just create 2 dummy profiles in MDE and spit the 8 day tickets from the APs. You can reassign the 8 day unused tickets within MDE without issue.

Dave

You might be caught in an AP rule conflict at the moment. If you plan to use your 8 day tickets instead of your APs, you could just create 2 dummy profiles in MDE and spit the 8 day tickets from the APs. You can reassign the 8 day unused tickets within MDE without issue.

Dave
Thanks. What I'm finding though is that I can't reassign my 8 day tickets to a dummy profile because the tickets are part of our package. It shows them as nontransferable for that reason. We purchased them because tickets were required for the dining recovery offer, the other 2 needed them anyway, and we figured we would use their value toward new APs next year. I think I'm stuck in the AP/regular ticket glitch and I'm going to have to call. Problem is I'm working 12 hours today and there's no way I'm going to be able to do that until later tonight. I just don't want to end up not getting park reservations with the other 2 in our room...

I've gotten myself confused I think. :rotfl: Forgive me!

Do we know if they aren't allowing any room-only stays at all until further notice, in which case everything has to either be made into a package or cancelled? Or is the situation just that if you currently have a room-only reservation for 2021 but were planning to get tickets eventually, you now just have to convert that to a package? All of the info and changes are blending together for me at this point lol. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me that they wouldn't allow any room-only stays at all.... but I absolutely put nothing past Disney right now. :rotfl:

For our December 2020 trip, we've rented a night at Copper Creek for our first night. No tickets for that day, and we hadn't intended to get any because of when our flight gets in. We're just doing an evening at Disney Springs. Day 2, we move over to POFQ (lol maybe) and have tickets as a package for the rest of our dates. I'm really hoping I've misunderstood and we won't have to get tickets we don't want/need for that Copper Creek night LOL.
I don't think they're requiring tickets for hotel/DVC stays; it's just that they're currently requiring both hotel reservations and park tickets in order to make Park Pass reservations, so people who want to visit a park on the days of their room-only reservation need to convert their room reservation to a package in order to make Park Pass reservations before it opens up to everyone on 6/28.

Since you don't plan to visit a park on your Copper Creek day, and therefore don't need a Park Pass for that day, then you should be just fine with your reservations/tickets as is, since your POFQ package gets you access to the Park Pass reservations (if you haven't done so already) for the days you plan to visit the parks.

Dave
Her 8 day tickets are a package and can't be reassigned or moved. She needs to call. Mine were the same way. I have AP and had other tickets that were part of the free dining recovery package and even the CM had a hard time trying to separate them from the room and then removing the extra tickets. I wasn't able to book parks until he removed those extra tickets.

I don't think they're requiring tickets for hotel/DVC stays; it's just that they're currently requiring both hotel reservations and park tickets in order to make Park Pass reservations, so people who want to visit a park on the days of their room-only reservation need to convert their room reservation to a package in order to make Park Pass reservations before it opens up to everyone on 6/28.

Since you don't plan to visit a park on your Copper Creek day, and therefore don't need a Park Pass for that day, then you should be just fine with your reservations/tickets as is, since your POFQ package gets you access to the Park Pass reservations (if you haven't done so already) for the days you plan to visit the parks.

Thank you!! This is what I was hoping, and what I assumed to be the case, but then it occurred to me I might have it completely wrong. :rotfl: Perfect.

I have a room only 2020 stay that I want to convert to a 2021 package. :confused:

Are you sure you can call tomorrow? I think tomorrow was just 2021 room only to packages.

6/28 is when you can book your new 2021 package or buy tickets for 2021. I would just book the new trip and then cancel the 2020.

So when do we think we might hear some official news about the skyliner?
The special team member who handled my resort changes yesterday did tell me that it is supposed to be running. Maybe being a "special team member" gives him a little more credibility! I guess we will find out sometime in the near future. (See how I avoided use of that nasty s**n word!)

The special team member who handled my resort changes yesterday did tell me that it is supposed to be running. Maybe being a "special team member" gives him a little more credibility! I guess we will find out sometime in the near future. (See how I avoided use of that nasty s**n word!)
"Team Member?" Are you sure you didn't call Universal by mistake? :-)

Are you sure you can call tomorrow? I think tomorrow was just 2021 room only to packages.

6/28 is when you can book your new 2021 package or buy tickets for 2021. I would just book the new trip and then cancel the 2020.
I’m not! But I have a closed resort for 2020 and modifying that is open and tomorrow modifying in 2021 will be open so what the heck I’ll take a shot!

I have a friend that has a DVC reservation scheduled in December, originally scheduled for May. In May her daughter was only two and didn't need a ticket when they bought them but now she has turned three and needs a ticket. She called last week to see if she could get her a ticket to make Park Reservations and was told no, which I think is wrong. Now she has Park Reservations for 3 out of 4 of her party hoping she can get her daughter in when ticket sales resume.

I hope you have better luck and/or they change that policy.

I agree that is wrong - how crazy. Maybe they will just be forced to say she is still 2 when they arrive.

“A guest SPIT on a CM at Springs for trying to enforce the mask rule. SPIT. ON. THEM. IN. A. PANDEMIC.”

well when things like this happen you will get really pissed off CMs who are doing the dirty work and taking the heat. Anyone doing this type of behavior or even fighting back at a CM should be removed immediately and banned for life

Unbelievable! They absolutely should be banned for life.

Right and it is fair to allow people who have had tickets for months or years first shot at tickets over somebody who wants to buy tickets today.

I agree, but to say that 2020 folks who already have a room booked and paid in full can't purchase tickets until literally everyone else has been able to is not fair either in my opinion. At least the people who booked through Disney can get their money back for the room I guess.

"Team Member?" Are you sure you didn't call Universal by mistake? :-)
🙃 I thought the same thing when the original cast member who answered my call at the 1.5 hr mark yesterday said she would have to transfer me to a special member handling resort changes. I think if I had asked if she meant cast member, she might have "accidentally" ended my call!
ETA: Maybe WDW's "special team members" actually work for Universal, since things seem to be going more smoothly over there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter