Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol. Yeah, I mean it's very cool if you like basketball or have someone in your group that likes it. I think it's a good addition but would've preferred they kept DisneyQuest
NBA seems fun (one of my DDs would prob love it) but I wish they had something like DisneyQuest still there.
We were only there once, I think it was on our 2011 trip and one of our non-park days found us in severe downpouring most of the day. We stumbled upon DisneyQuest - I'm not even sure how we found out about it (pre-smartphone and I definitely wasn't a planner back then!). With the rain, it was crazy crowded, but it was still a blast.

NBA seems fun (one of my DDs would prob love it) but I wish they had something like DisneyQuest still there.
We were only there once, I think it was on our 2011 trip and one of our non-park days found us in severe downpouring most of the day. We stumbled upon DisneyQuest - I'm not even sure how we found out about it (pre-smartphone and I definitely wasn't a planner back then!). With the rain, it was crazy crowded, but it was still a blast.

DH and I always had a blast at DisneyQuest! The place was a little tired, but it was fun. He was sad when it closed. It was also a great place to drop him off so I could take an hour or two to go shopping 😆

I feel for the people inside 30 days that haven't booked flights. You don't want to have to end up booking a flight the week of your trip, it could cost a LOT more.

If you are this dissatisfied with DCL, why not just cancel now if you are before your PIF date?

I’m well past being stressed about it all. I can be dissatisfied and not stressed all at the same time.
As I said, my issue is their refusal to extend the cancellation date as they have with other cruise dates.

I’m hanging on to the reservation in case they cancel and I can decide then if I want a refund or the 125% credit. Hopefully by then, we’ll know more details. Chances are they won’t do it in time, but I’m willing to give it a chance. Kudos to DCL for at least offering some compensation to their guests. They at least did that right.

It's the most popular sport in the World so I agree :D

I admittedly am typically not into soccer futbol but I am a bit intrigued as to how the MLS season will finish up with more of the tournament nature to is ... and the fact it is being played at WDW makes it a bit more intriguing to me, at least to check it out - it's more on my radar than in the past

I’m well past being stressed about it all. I can be dissatisfied and not stressed all at the same time.
As I said, my issue is their refusal to extend the cancellation date as they have with other cruise dates.

I’m hanging on to the reservation in case they cancel and I can decide then if I want a refund or the 125% credit. Hopefully by then, we’ll know more details. Chances are they won’t do it in time, but I’m willing to give it a chance. Kudos to DCL for at least offering some compensation to their guests. They at least did that right.

I just find it odd that you would be okay with taking the credit while also proclaiming that this will be the last DCL cruise you will ever take because of how they handled the situation. If that works for you though, more power to you. I took the credit for my cruise and I'm super excited for an opportunity to use it.

This is definitely a frustrating situation all around. IMO, DCL has been doing a pretty god job trying to make things better for their impacted customers with the credits.

I'm noticing how many of you are looking forward to trying a more laid back, no commando planning style trip. That sounds enticing on a lot of levels and I can get onboard. Here's my issue with that though. What happens if they keep a bunch of restaurants closed during your visit? You're now at WDW with 50,000 of your new best friends (I'm assuming you will have plenty of time to meet and greet at the pool, movies under the stars, and the arts and crafts), there is one sit down restaurant available at each open resort. DS has limited capacity and by the time you arrived on a Saturday evening you were frozen out. You can't just hop over to EPCOT any longer, and let's face it, not all park restaurants are created equal. What then? Drive elsewhere, rely on limited QS options, COOK o_O ? These are the questions that keep me up at night. :earboy2:

I'm noticing how many of you are looking forward to trying a more laid back, no commando planning style trip. That sounds enticing on a lot of levels and I can get onboard. Here's my issue with that though. What happens if they keep a bunch of restaurants closed during your visit? You're now at WDW with 50,000 of your new best friends (I'm assuming you will have plenty of time to meet and greet at the pool, movies under the stars, and the arts and crafts), there is one sit down restaurant available at each open resort. DS has limited capacity and by the time you arrived on a Saturday evening you were frozen out. You can't just hop over to EPCOT any longer, and let's face it, not all park restaurants are created equal. What then? Drive elsewhere, rely on limited QS options, COOK o_O ? These are the questions that keep me up at night. :earboy2:
We've talked about this for our September trip and we may plan to end the night at Disney Springs just about every night. It seems like there will be quite a few options there at the very least.

Any fresh rumors on WDW Magic that we can dissect? I'm all caught up from being on vacation! :surfweb:
There's a DIS news post by a person super looking forward to a resort only stay on their DVC points, and eating at Jiko and having breakfast at Boma and wondering how a buffet will social distance :sad2: ...it was quite jarring honestly to read a post like that and realize that even people who should know they are walking into the totally unknown have no idea.

I just find it odd that you would be okay with taking the credit while also proclaiming that this will be the last DCL cruise you will ever take because of how they handled the situation. If that works for you though, more power to you. I took the credit for my cruise and I'm super excited for an opportunity to use it.
I’m not sure what’s confusing here. When saying I wouldn’t cruise with them again, I said IF they hadn’t released details or extended the cancellation date. I didn’t say no matter what, I’m done. If they release details or push the cancellation date back, I’m satisfied and I take the credit. If they don’t, I get a refund. It very simple. HTH’s with your confusion.

I’m glad you’re happy with your results. I would assume if you’ve already gotten a credit, your cruise was in that group who got cancellation or pif dates extended.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter