Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a DIS news post by a person super looking forward to a resort only stay on their DVC points, and eating at Jiko and having breakfast at Boma and wondering how a buffet will social distance :sad2: ...it was quite jarring honestly to read a post like that and realize that even people who should know they are walking into the totally unknown have no idea.
Jackie is probably one of THE most positive people on this planet. She knows exactly what she's getting into and having visited WDW so many times is alright with just letting go, she does say that the reservation system is not open yet and she will continue checking.

Not legal to do this. There are timeshare laws and legal contracts with owners.
There is also not enough inventory out there to double the number of points into 2021 and 2022. I am already concerned about how they are changing the banking and borrowing rules to push points forward in time.

For the ppl who think Disney’s current lack of communication is acceptable, do you have trips booked within the next 30 days? Genuinely curious. Maybe I’m being unreasonable, but it feels like those of us who are the most frustrated are the ones who are being most affected by it.
I am 32 days out, and I am not frustrated with Disney at all. I am frustrated with the virus, but there’s not much anyone can do about that, so why get all worked up about it?
My June Disney trip got canceled; I will probably cancel my July Disney trip. We had an April Washington DC trip get canceled on us & just got our partial refund last week (they’re keeping ~40%). We have rescheduled an April baby shower three times to the point that the baby will now be in attendance whenever we finally get to have it (if I can ever find a location that will allow a gathering of people). My child’s 8th grade trip, last junior high dance, and graduation ceremony all went in the trash bin. We all have had stuff derailed in the last three months, and the next three months don’t look too promising, but as we have all heard many times - this is a very fluid situation. I can’t blame Disney or anyone else for choosing to remain quiet rather than make promises they can’t fulfill later on.

I wonder if those who are frustrated come from areas that have been more open and loose with their restrictions. I’m from Illinois where we still cannot go and dine inside of a restaurant. Since we know nothing about what is opening when at home, Orlando/Disney is no different than what we are used to in our daily lives any way.

I feel for the people inside 30 days that haven't booked flights. You don't want to have to end up booking a flight the week of your trip, it could cost a LOT more.

We lucked out that Delta is offering free changes/cancelation for flights booked by 6/30. I went ahead and booked and will see how this plays out.

I am 32 days out, and I am not frustrated with Disney at all. I am frustrated with the virus, but there’s not much anyone can do about that, so why get all worked up about it?
My June Disney trip got canceled; I will probably cancel my July Disney trip. We had an April Washington DC trip get canceled on us & just got our partial refund last week (they’re keeping ~40%). We have rescheduled an April baby shower three times to the point that the baby will now be in attendance whenever we finally get to have it (if I can ever find a location that will allow a gathering of people). My child’s 8th grade trip, last junior high dance, and graduation ceremony all went in the trash bin. We all have had stuff derailed in the last three months, and the next three months don’t look too promising, but as we have all heard many times - this is a very fluid situation. I can’t blame Disney or anyone else for choosing to remain quiet rather than make promises they can’t fulfill later on.

I wonder if those who are frustrated come from areas that have been more open and loose with their restrictions. I’m from Illinois where we still cannot go and dine inside of a restaurant. Since we know nothing about what is opening when at home, Orlando/Disney is no different than what we are used to in our daily lives any way.
I’m in New Orleans & we are just starting phase 2 so it’s not that. I’m one that has an AP that will expire mid trip so I’d like some clarification on that more than anything. I don’t trust Disney IT to get that right. But my biggest contention has always been allowing ppl to book when you had no intention of opening sooner. If they have nothing to announce, that’s one thing. But I just think it’s crazy that they don’t have a plan for less than 30 days from now. I think they created a mess by allowing ppl to book & now they have too many ppl & they’re trying to find a way to weed ppl out without looking bad & cancelling ppl outright.

For the ppl who think Disney’s current lack of communication is acceptable, do you have trips booked within the next 30 days? Genuinely curious. Maybe I’m being unreasonable, but it feels like those of us who are the most frustrated are the ones who are being most affected by it.

I'm a teacher. Once the school year ended I let my frustrations go and was just ecstatic to not be lecturing on microbiology via zoom anymore :rotfl:our trip is in 40 days. We are fortunate that we drive so we don't have to juggle flights, I do feel for people there. We go every 9 months to a year. If we can make this trip happen we know it will be a more laid back, go with the flow, do what you can kind of trip. If it turns out we can't go, we know we are fortunate that we can plan for trips in the future and we'll apply our refund to that. Otherwise, we're just being patient, as we have been with all the other problems this virus has created. No point getting myself worked up over things outside my control.

With so many closed restaurants and limited menus at those that are open, we are seriously considering cooking some nights. All DVC resorts have grills, all but the studios have full kitchens. My sister is an amazing cook. I’m better than average and Mom did our sisters-in-law a huge favor and made sure that our brothers can do a better than passable job. Just give me a glass of wine and a sharp knife! This upcoming trip was always more about getting together with family and less about the parks.
We usually cook several times, but now am concerned about getting groceries. We fly in, and don’t rent a car. They stated that Shipping Services are not available, so does that mean we cannot have groceries delivered to the resort?

And no room service available, depending on definition of Intigial Reopening Period, according to the Dining Experiences:
  • Private dining and in-room delivery will not be offered during the initial reopening window.

We usually cook several times, but now am concerned about getting groceries. We fly in, and don’t rent a car. They stated that Shipping Services are not available, so does that mean we cannot have groceries delivered to the resort?

And no room service available, depending on definition of Intigial Reopening Period, according to the Dining Experiences:
  • Private dining and in-room delivery will not be offered during the initial reopening window.

I would not go without a car right now. Reconsider renting.

But my biggest contention has always been allowing ppl to book when you had no intention of opening sooner.
You have no proof that Disney didn't have any intention of opening before July 11. The writing is on the wall that their initial plan was to be open by June 1 otherwise they would have just started the free dining promotion later. Plans change, they missed that date and here we are.

I'm noticing how many of you are looking forward to trying a more laid back, no commando planning style trip. That sounds enticing on a lot of levels and I can get onboard. Here's my issue with that though. What happens if they keep a bunch of restaurants closed during your visit? You're now at WDW with 50,000 of your new best friends (I'm assuming you will have plenty of time to meet and greet at the pool, movies under the stars, and the arts and crafts), there is one sit down restaurant available at each open resort. DS has limited capacity and by the time you arrived on a Saturday evening you were frozen out. You can't just hop over to EPCOT any longer, and let's face it, not all park restaurants are created equal. What then? Drive elsewhere, rely on limited QS options, COOK o_O ? These are the questions that keep me up at night. :earboy2:
Bar food. I've seriously thought this out. I think they said the pool bar is serving until like 5 or 6. Enchanted Rose has a food menu as well. We talked about getting food to go and eating on a bench at the hotel. I'll maybe end up saving money because otherwise I'd find myself at a signature.

I’m in New Orleans & we are just starting phase 2 so it’s not that. I’m one that has an AP that will expire mid trip so I’d like some clarification on that more than anything. I don’t trust Disney IT to get that right. But my biggest contention has always been allowing ppl to book when you had no intention of opening sooner. If they have nothing to announce, that’s one thing. But I just think it’s crazy that they don’t have a plan for less than 30 days from now. I think they created a mess by allowing ppl to book & now they have too many ppl & they’re trying to find a way to weed ppl out without looking bad & cancelling ppl outright.
My frustration stemmed from not knowing if I would be able to get into the parks. Also, my Plan B vacation (that I have now booked) was to rent a cabin in the mountains and they were booking up fast. My trip was not until the first week of August, but if I waited around for Disney to let me know if I could get into the parks and if my resorts would be open, I would not have been able to book an alternate vacation. I do believe Disney could be more forthcoming with information, but they care more about CYA, in my opinion.

We lucked out that Delta is offering free changes/cancelation for flights booked by 6/30. I went ahead and booked and will see how this plays out.
We did the same thing with Jet Blue in May for our November trip. I have no idea if we’re going in November but I booked with Jet Blue our flights from Massachusetts and we can get a travel credit with no fee deducted good to use on any trip Within 24 months of when I cancel. So hard to predict what’s gonna happen!

I think the only thing I've seen is that they won't bring it actually in to your room. They'll leave it in the hall and you have to bring it in.
That's a great compromise. I read - somewhere - it wouldn't be available or would be very limited. Limited wouldn't be shocking. Maybe pizza only or something.

I see that Universal allows the gaiter masks, but now I'm reading reports that Disney (at DS obviously) isn't allowing that type of mask? Only masks with ear loops? So no gaiters, bandanas, etc.

Anyone know if that's true? Just curious if they really are being that strict about masks.
Not sure what'll be like in the parks, but there were lots of gaiters being worn at DS this past week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter