• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many tickets were sold at Shanghai? Did they release a number?

Not sure we had an exact number but it had to have been quite low.

Wait times were reported to be unusually low, even with some things running with distancing in place in the vehicles, so I'm not sure selling out really shows much in regards to willingness to travel. If WDW opens to the point that they have 5-15 minute waits and aren't even running at full capacity, the limited spaces would sell out in a flash too.

This thread and the rumors thread has really started to make me lose my interest in taking my 6 month old to Disney next year. The elitist attitude I see is disappointing.

For some reason a lot of Disney fans are against almost any restrictions other then physical distancing in queues. We are in a new world right now and it's going to awhile to get back to the normal we know. IMO it makes it easier to accept it and get used to it. We all want the parks back.
What makes it elitist? What other restrictions other than masks are ppl against? Ftr, at least Social distancing is agreed upon b/c it will be the most effective anyway.

Has there been any talk about Swan and Dolphin? I know there was speculation what feels like ages ago that they would open their resorts before Disney resorts. What about their restaurants opening back up before Disney owned too?

Has there been any talk about Swan and Dolphin? I know there was speculation what feels like ages ago that they would open their resorts before Disney resorts. What about their restaurants opening back up before Disney owned too?
Last I checked their website indicated they are closed through May 19 but you could not actually find any available rooms until June 2 or beyond. That was sometime last week.

if you want to go into Walmart in my area you have to be wearing a mask or you are not allowed in. and there are still plenty of people there. same for grocery stores
Not sure how you compare a short trip to a supermarket because you need food with spending thousands of dollars on a vacation and being forced to wear a mask in 90 degree weather, I have no problem wearing a mask for 30 min in a food store but if masks are still required in Nov in Disney then I will cancel my trip. I am not spending $7500 dollars to be miserable.

I have a reservation at the Dolphin for May 29th in case my SSR gets cancelled. Don’t know about the restaurants.

Not sure how you compare a short trip to a supermarket because you need food with spending thousands of dollars on a vacation and being forced to wear a mask in 90 degree weather, I have no problem wearing a mask for 30 min in a food store but if masks are still required in Nov in Disney then I will cancel my trip. I am not spending $7500 dollars to be miserable.
was responding to someone who was saying Walmart was not enforcing wearing masks. not a vacation

Aren't their costumes also air-conditioned?

I don't think so. My info is years old at this point and I don't even remember where it came from, KTTK tour maybe? I think at that point the beast had some sort of cooling system but everyone else was just hot.

I am able to make a reservation at either hotel for the Memorial Day weekend

Then shame on your local Home Depot if they're not enforcing the rules. I was in a Home Depot twice this weekend. The sign outside clearly stated shoppers had to wear a mask or they weren't permitted in the store. I didn't see 1 person without a mask either time I was in the store.

It is not a rule everywhere. I am in FL, it is not required in my county and therefore nothing to enforce.

So what are they going to do when people are riding the roller coasters and the masks fly off and land on the tracks? Nobody's even going to see that until the next train comes along and by then it's too late. They're not going to want masks getting tangled in the wheels.

Not to mention all the masks they'll be fishing out of the water rides from little kids taking them off and throwing them into the water or onto the tracks of rides like Haunted Mansion. Remember last year when HM shut down for three days and they said it was because they found a hat from a Woody doll lodged in one of the wheels of the Doom Buggies that jammed up the whole works? That'll be happening a lot when little kids have to wear masks they don't want to wear.

I don’t buy either of those excuses. Masks have been worn in the parks in Asia for years. I don’t remember reading lots of reports about issues there.

As far as little kids.... that’s about the parent. You pay attention & control your child. Something a lot of parents don’t want to do now of course. Much easier to make excuses than be in control of the child. I have a 2 year old niece who has even been wearing her mask at home. They’re not taking her anywhere, but masks are mandatory in NY, so they’re getting her used to it before they start going out again. She sees her parents wear theirs to go to work & grandma has one she puts on sometimes with her too. Kids are adaptable & take their cues from the adults with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter