Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is not a rule everywhere. I am in FL, it is not required in my county and therefore nothing to enforce.
Yup I am aware of that.

The person I was replying to made it seem people where he/she lived were ignoring the rules to wear a mask thus insinuating the same will happen at Disney. My reply was to show that where I live and a rule is in place people are following that rule.

We can hope that the reduced capacity will be like an After Hours event..maybe with free Mickey Bars and Popcorn to make up for the ride and show reductions..and no fireworks too.
Yeah, Mickey bars and popcorn are not a good exchange for rides. I see no reason a vast majority of rides can’t be open. If they cut all you mentioned, ours will be a very short trip just to get our stay at the Riviera for a couple of days. I’m hoping by going slower, they’ll be more fully open once they do open. I can’t imagine many guests are going to pay to be onsite, especially the deluxe resorts, to see that many cuts.

I don’t buy either of those excuses. Masks have been worn in the parks in Asia for years. I don’t remember reading lots of reports about issues there.

As far as little kids.... that’s about the parent. You pay attention & control your child. Something a lot of parents don’t want to do now of course. Much easier to make excuses than be in control of the child. I have a 2 year old niece who has even been wearing her mask at home. They’re not taking her anywhere, but masks are mandatory in NY, so they’re getting her used to it before they start going out again. She sees her parents wear theirs to go to work & grandma has one she puts on sometimes with her too. Kids are adaptable & take their cues from the adults with them.
Are you a parent?

You pay attention & control your child. Something a lot of parents don’t want to do now of course.

It’s really not that simple. Yes, you can make them do it. But the question is, is the pain it’s going to be constantly making sure they’re wearing their mask correctly and watching to make sure they aren’t touching it worth dealing with. I don’t know about where you live, but we’ve been on lockdown and there’s been absolutely no reason for children to be where they need to wear a mask. My grandson hasn’t been in a public setting since the day we locked down so he hasn’t gotten used to wearing one. I’m not against masks, but it’s not as simple as judging parents as lazy and not wanting to do their job. Grown ups without medical reasons, need to get over it though.

This thread and the rumors thread has really started to make me lose my interest in taking my 6 month old to Disney next year. The elitist attitude I see is disappointing.

For some reason a lot of Disney fans are against almost any restrictions other then physical distancing in queues. We are in a new world right now and it's going to awhile to get back to the normal we know. IMO it makes it easier to accept it and get used to it. We all want the parks back.
I bet many will "forget" to do the physical distancing once in the parks as well.

I hate to admit it since it means my July trip won’t happen, but I agree with you..
I don’t see the mask thing going well here..
He mentioned culturally Asia is used to that and they know the US isn't

Honestly I think they shouldn't bother to open if they're going to require masks.

um, what? I’d wear a mask and stand upside down on my head while singing Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious backward if they told me too. There’s no way that’s keeping me away from Disney no matter how much I don’t like it for target trips at home.

Yes I am. And I come from a large family with lots of kids. You can control kids. Parents have done it for generations.
Then you should also know that all kids are different. And most parents for “generations” have not had to parent during a pandemic. And 2 is a long year with major milestones & development. So my DS who JUST turned 2 (so was 1 just last month) will not tolerate a mask no matter how much we “practice” or try to “control” him. Good for you if everyone in your family has been successful with ”controlling” a kid who is 2 or younger. Perhaps you should write a book b/c most things I have seen & read, this seems like typical behavior. And it’s not mandatory here so we aren’t breaking any rules. And instead of making DS practice wearing a mask, we keep him home anyway.

I think someone mentioned this already, but the option to purchase date based tickets was blocked out in June when I tried also. July and beyond I could select them.

Grown ups without medical reasons, need to get over it though.
Not sure what you mean by “get over it”. For my essential trips to get groceries, yes I’m willing to suck it up. For an expensive, luxury vacation...not so much.

um, what? I’d wear a mask and stand upside down on my head while singing Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious backward if they told me too. There’s no way that’s keeping me away from Disney no matter how much I don’t like it for target trips at home.
I’m willing to bet you’re in the minority of average people planning trips to WDW.

Then you should also know that all kids are different. And most parents for “generations” have not had to parent during a pandemic. And 2 is a long year with major milestones & development. So my DS who JUST turned 2 (so was 1 just last month) will not tolerate a mask no matter how much we “practice” or try to “control” him. Good for you if everyone in your family has been successful with ”controlling” a kid who is 2 or younger. Perhaps you should write a book b/c most things I have seen & read, this seems like typical behavior. And it’s not mandatory here so we aren’t breaking any rules. And instead of making DS practice wearing a mask, we keep him home anyway.

This is my biggest concern. We are AP holders who come down a handful of times from South Carolina each year and my 2 year old will never keep a mask on while at the parks. Plus what about small ones who still use a pacifier? How will that work?

It’s really not that simple. Yes, you can make them do it. But the question is, is the pain it’s going to be constantly making sure they’re wearing their mask correctly and watching to make sure they aren’t touching it worth dealing with. I don’t know about where you live, but we’ve been on lockdown and there’s been absolutely no reason for children to be where they need to wear a mask. My grandson hasn’t been in a public setting since the day we locked down so he hasn’t gotten used to wearing one. I’m not against masks, but it’s not as simple as judging parents as lazy and not wanting to do their job. Grown ups without medical reasons, need to get over it though.
I know I sound like a broken record, but it's ok for them to touch their mask. It's not a medical mask and has an entirely different purpose.
As for children keeping them on their face, they may need to wear them in school for the next year so this will likely be an issue moving forward for a while.

Not sure what you mean by “get over it”. For my essential trips to get groceries, yes I’m willing to suck it up. For an expensive, luxury vacation...not so much.

I’m willing to bet you’re in the minority of average people planning trips to WDW.
I disagree. I am also on another theme park forum and most there are fine with masks. They just want parks to be open and to rides again. For some reason it's a bigger deal to Disney fans.

but no one is being forced to go to Disney, whenever they reopen. Average people can stay home, that’s cool. We all have comfort levels. But the idea that the parks shouldn’t open at all bc of masks is ridiculous. This thing is here to stay for the time being. If learning to live the (ugh, my least fave phrase) “new normal” means wearing masks, then strap a mask on and go for it, or just stay home. (not YOU you, @ENJDisneyFan , people in general.) im willing to bet a day at Disney in a mask is still better than a day at home without one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter