Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree - I would definitely be disappointed if I was an AP and someone who wanted to go to the parks.

I also understand why they want a good number set aside for people who are traveling, staying at resorts with intentions of going to the parks, etc.

There isn’t really a situation where everyone wins here. Someone is going to lose. Unfortunately the pandemic has made it that an AP is not as valuable as it was before.

I think they will make bucket allocation adjustments. There’s no way they guessed exactly right. I think they will tweak it.
I don't usually have an AP but this was my year of Disney to celebrate my retirement. Didn't they use to just give onsite guests a benefit by booking FP 60 days before and offsite people could book at 30 days? Couldn't they do something similar with park reservations once things settle down? That would end the need for separate buckets. I'm sure they want everyone in the parks they can squeeze in there eventually.

Just wanted to take a moment and ask you all join me in sending happy, healthy vibes to all CMs that are going back to work today. All attraction CM have been recalled along with most of merchandise, custodial, F&B and other operational CM.

I want to add, please do everything that's asked of everyone going to the park, especially when interacting closely with the CMs. They are coming back to work so you can play.

I’m starting to wonder if Disney is just going to get rid of APs altogether and stick with this format for the foreseeable future

It is at least clear that Disney does not see as much value in local Passholders as some would have thought. I don’t think they’ll do away with AP’s, but I do think the days of being able to visit on a whim, as often as you’d like, are long gone.

We are ( soon to be were, as we’re getting refunds) out of state Passholders. I doubt we’ll go back to multiple visits during the year unless they drop the reservation system as it now exists. If they don’t come back with significant room discounts, AP’s wouldn’t make much sense for us anymore either.

I’m just not making reservations and buying tickets a year or more in advance. So we’ll sit back and see how this all pans out. I suspect the time will come when Disney is begging for guests to return instead of us begging to get to go. I can wait.

People lining up for the new sweet Disney Instagram wall. RIP GF buses from Disney Springs.

We are looking to go to Hershey Park next weekend which is their opening weekend. They are doing reservations as well and no days have filled up and I see a lot of comments from people that had annual passes asking for refunds - they are also limiting it to 3 reservations at a time for passholders (so some against that) and requiring masks (others against that)

Wife is an AP, they are basically starting the "1 year" AP clock on July 1, and the pass runs until the end of June 2021. We bought 1 because of different ticket deals + parking it made sense because we were going to be going on 3 separate occasions (local) when we bought it in December. Kids are height distanced enough that it didn't make sense to buy for the family, as the Mrs. works every other weekend and all it would end up with is infighting about not being able to go on x ride because brother / sister is there. Their pass extension is fair, I would think if people want a refund they should offer it.

In a purely financial downturn it makes sense that Disney would want to attract as many guests as possible since they won’t be anywhere near capacity and another $ spent is another $ towards the bottom line.

In a public health crisis where capacity is significantly lowered, perhaps their priority has shifted to maximizing $ spent per guest. I’m sure they have more information on the spending patterns of guests than I could ever imagine, but even I can guess that guests who stay on site at deluxe resorts probably spend the most per day, on average.

This pandemic has turned me into a cynic :(

It is at least clear that Disney does not see as much value in local Passholders as some would have thought. I don’t think they’ll do away with AP’s, but I do think the days of being able to visit on a whim, as often as you’d like, are long gone.

We are ( soon to be were, as we’re getting refunds) out of state Passholders. I doubt we’ll go back to multiple visits during the year unless they drop the reservation system as it now exists. If they don’t come back with significant room discounts, AP’s wouldn’t make much sense for us anymore either.

I’m just not making reservations and buying tickets a year or more in advance. So we’ll sit back and see how this all pans out. I suspect the time will come when Disney is begging for guests to return instead of us begging to get to go. I can wait.
yes it's very frustrating to be out of state passholders who sometimes stay off site. We have 2 onsite stays this year and one off site stay next year. We have our on site reservations situated after many hours of frustration but nothing for our stay next April. We aren't even able to make our 3 allowed reservations not to mention that's not enough for our entire stay. It just isn't right.

Wife is an AP, they are basically starting the "1 year" AP clock on July 1, and the pass runs until the end of June 2021. We bought 1 because of different ticket deals + parking it made sense because we were going to be going on 3 separate occasions (local) when we bought it in December. Kids are height distanced enough that it didn't make sense to buy for the family, as the Mrs. works every other weekend and all it would end up with is infighting about not being able to go on x ride because brother / sister is there. Their pass extension is fair, I would think if people want a refund they should offer it.

From reading the responses to the comments seems like they are asking people to call or private message them.

We are just going to be in the area this coming weekend as my inlaws live pretty close. They were doing 2 for 1 tickets so we figured we would go and check it out since they are requiring masks and reduced capacity, etc. If we feel they aren't taking it seriously/don't feel safe we will just leave and not be out a ton of $

Plus I want to ride the new coaster there :D

Is there any confirmation that you can get a refund of your remaining AP instead of just the four months of closure?

Just the other week it was announced refunds are avaliable for the balance of the pass starting from the closure date. For those on the payment plan,
payments made from closing date onward can be refunded and future payments cancelled. It’s on the passholder page on the website.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/annual-passes/

I definitely feel our local AP 's are now devalued. Since we're not vloggers or part of a travel agency, I lean towards not renewing (already requested partial refund). If my livelihood depended on WDW/Uni being open, I would be tempted, if not downright take, a different position.

So, we're in the same camp of we can wait. I said in another thread, I am not prepared to lay down on the rails in what I feel is a virus freight train at this time.

Looking at the calendar AP is definitely the one that has the least amount of tickets,

It could be that AP's did have a lot of availability in the bucket but there are just so many that can come on short notice that they were picked up fast. A lot of people cancelled reservations and Disney hasn't opened it up for new this year and unless someone already had tickets, they can't buy new right now. Perhaps once both reservations and tickets are available again we will also see those buckets fill up too,

I’m starting to wonder if Disney is just going to get rid of APs altogether and stick with this format for the foreseeable future

Disney may just want APs to cancel right now or not go. Right now they need money, which local APs may not spend as much of as ticket customers. If you live in Orlando, you may be more likely to ride a few rides and then go home vs. eat every meal in the park and buy merchandise. I doubt local APs will be buying the overpriced balloons or bubble blowers. Plus photos and parking are included in AP...another money maker for Disney. I don't have this data so I am making assumptions, but Disney probably does.

Out of state APs are different, but maybe a majority also stay on site and they have two categories to try?

If the majority of park reservations were local APs, Disney might as well stay closed as they won't make back costs to stay open.

When things go back to normal, many APs will likely forgive and want to go back to Disney. That won't be the same for people who this is their first trip and they can't even get in the park. So I understand why ticket holders also need access to availability.

This is why I think Disney is waiting to release more info in July for APs to cancel. If enough get angry at limited selections, they will cancel. I wouldn't be surprised if Disney offered the renewal discount to all APs, regardless of when you renew, to eventually get the locals to come back.

I wonder if keeping the 3 buckets is also an attempt to keep attendance down. If they opened park availability up to everyone, most likely AP's would scoop up leftover tickets since it is more convenient for them to go. I am not saying that I agree with this...just saying it could be being done for crowd control.

yes it's very frustrating to be out of state passholders who sometimes stay off site. We have 2 onsite stays this year and one off site stay next year. We have our on site reservations situated after many hours of frustration but nothing for our stay next April. We aren't even able to make our 3 allowed reservations not to mention that's not enough for our entire stay. It just isn't right.

It's definitely frustrating for all passholders but especially out of state ones as you need to spend a lot of money just to get there and not know if you will be able to get into a park (or max 3 days)

Not sure what the proper solution is as I get why they need to limit things somehow (though you should definitely able to get your 3 days on top of your resort stay)

Maybe give people 3 a month plus 4 extra so they can reserve some days out in the future for an upcoming trip but still have some flexibility for sooner dates? Or have so many for in the future but if within 14 days or something then no limit?

It could be that AP's did have a lot of availability in the bucket but there are just so many that can come on short notice that they were picked up fast. A lot of people cancelled reservations and Disney hasn't opened it up for new this year and unless someone already had tickets, they can't buy new right now. Perhaps once both reservations and tickets are available again we will also see those buckets fill up too,
Well, no one really has the numbers but AP availability was slim 10 mins after opening.

I'm trying to make a park ressie and I'm getting an error. I'm an AP with a resort stay at the end of July, and we already have our park days booked for our stay, but I wanted to reserve Aug 1st while we're still in Orlando but offsite and it's not allowing me to. Anyone else having a similar problem? What number should I call for assistance? The circuits are all busy for 407-939-7917. Thanks for any suggestions!

So those of us who have resort reservations, but not tickets, for late 2020 are still out of luck, correct? Is Disney just not going to have tickets for the rest of 2020 at all?
ticket sales for this year will open based on capacity, if Disney feels they can increase capacity then they will open sales again. It's not Disney's goal NOT to sell tickets but they are trying to control the crowds

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter