Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, which is good in some ways but also can understand passholders upset if a day is full for the passholder allotment but not for the dialy ticket allotment and they can't book but someone with "just" a daily ticket can book

I wonder if they will ever meet them. Like if even day of thee are still "daily ticket slots" left but no "passholder slots" seems reasonable to let passholders use one of those other slots but maybe easier to just keep always separate
I was just coming in here to say that I am thoroughly annoyed looking at the availability calendar right now because for day tickets there is a whole lot of opening in July that was not available to me as an AP not even 10 mins after we could make reservations.

I think I’ll be taking the refund on my AP. This is what I was waiting to see if it was true or not.

I bought park hoppers for May 2021 and was able to make park reservations around 7 this morning. Maybe it is an issue with the system itself?

I was just coming in here to say that I am thoroughly annoyed looking at the availability calendar right now because for day tickets there is a whole lot of opening in July that was not available to me as an AP not even 10 mins after we could make reservations.

I think I’ll be taking the refund on my AP. This is what I was waiting to see if it was true or not.

I get having the separate buckets and giving those with park tickets a shot at a "fresh pot" for a bit but I do hope the shift allocations over time.

Like I said, especially "day of" if I was a passholder and would like to go over and there are openings in other "buckets" but not allowed in as the passholder bucket was full I'd be a bit annoyed

I definitely don't blame anyone asking for a refund

I don't know the intricacy of the system but it would be great if, lets say 2 days before, they would open availability from the pool of resort guest and day guest tickets and add them to AP. Looking at the calendar AP is definitely the one that has the least amount of tickets, confirming what I've been saying for years that Disney really wants to get rid of it's AP's here in WDW. We are definitely bottom of the barrel or else we would have similar availability as a regular park ticket not staying onsite.
Anyways I'm hoping for them to do that
I can't believe I'm gonna miss the one year anniversary for SWGE :(

I get having the separate buckets and giving those with park tickets a shot at a "fresh pot" for a bit but I do hope the shift allocations over time.

Like I said, especially "day of" if I was a passholder and would like to go over and there are openings in other "buckets" but not allowed in as the passholder bucket was full I'd be a bit annoyed

lol basically just posted this

Is there any confirmation that you can get a refund of your remaining AP instead of just the four months of closure?

Is there any confirmation that you can get a refund of your remaining AP instead of just the four months of closure?

There’s been no confirmation of anything on the AP refund end. Different people have different stories from phone CMs. The theory is that you can cancel your pass and get a refund from closure, to the expiration of your pass if you give up your pass.

We have an off property stay scheduled for next April with extended family. We have anual passes (which we can't make reservations with grr) but the rest of the family will need tickets. Does anyone think that we NEED to buy the tickets today? Ideally we'd like to wait at least a couple of months but will buy them if people think it necessary.

We will be going a full week after Easter.

There’s been no confirmation of anything on the AP refund end. Different people have different stories from phone CMs. The theory is that you can cancel your pass and get a refund from closure, to the expiration of your pass if you give up your pass.
Thanks! What’s the best phone number to call about this? I bought and activated my AP in early February, right before all this happened. No way am I going back to the parks before late 21, so would be great to get any money back I can.

Thanks! What’s the best phone number to call about this? I bought and activated my AP in early February, right before all this happened. No way am I going back to the parks before late 21, so would be great to get any money back I can.

I believe its just the VIPassholder line. (407) 939-7277

I don't know the intricacy of the system but it would be great if, lets say 2 days before, they would open availability from the pool of resort guest and day guest tickets and add them to AP. Looking at the calendar AP is definitely the one that has the least amount of tickets, confirming what I've been saying for years that Disney really wants to get rid of it's AP's here in WDW. We are definitely bottom of the barrel or else we would have similar availability as a regular park ticket not staying onsite.

I agree - I would definitely be disappointed if I was an AP and someone who wanted to go to the parks.

I also understand why they want a good number set aside for people who are traveling, staying at resorts with intentions of going to the parks, etc.

There isn’t really a situation where everyone wins here. Someone is going to lose. Unfortunately the pandemic has made it that an AP is not as valuable as it was before.

I think they will make bucket allocation adjustments. There’s no way they guessed exactly right. I think they will tweak it.

We have an off property stay scheduled for next April with extended family. We have anual passes (which we can't make reservations with grr) but the rest of the family will need tickets. Does anyone think that we NEED to buy the tickets today? Ideally we'd like to wait at least a couple of months but will buy them if people think it necessary.

We will be going a full week after Easter.

Nobody knows what things will look like in September let alone April of next year. If you want to be sure you can get in buy ticked now. If you are willing to take a gamble knowing you may not be able to get in then wait. Personally I'd buy now. I just added tickets to my January trip to make sure I got my park days.

I agree - I would definitely be disappointed if I was an AP and someone who wanted to go to the parks.

I also understand why they want a good number set aside for people who are traveling, staying at resorts with intentions of going to the parks, etc.

There isn’t really a situation where everyone wins here. Someone is going to lose. Unfortunately the pandemic has made it that an AP is not as valuable as it was before.

I think they will make bucket allocation adjustments. There’s no way they guessed exactly right. I think they will tweak it.

Agree. Changes are likely as they see what the numbers are. It appears from previous communication they are going to base things like opening of resorts opening on reservation numbers

Not for argument purposes, but instead more for analysis, could it be that the AP pool and day tickets are the same (perhaps even same as resort guests - 3-way split), but the demand is just substantially higher from Passholders? Right now, and potentially for the near future, I think demand would be much higher from Passholders/locals. Inside this bubble of Disney fans, demand is high, but outside of it, I think it's going to be extremely low for a while, both because of concern over travel and the accompanying uncertainty as a result of the virus as well as because of the economic factors and uncertainty therewith. Now, the demand part of this is obviously just my opinion, but I think to some degree there can't be any doubt about this, but the extent that this is the case is unknown. I mean, right now you have nearly 35 million people who are essentially not allowed to travel to FL due quarantine mandates.

I agree with both of you that they should shift availability closer to the actual days to allow APs to fill in the rest. However, I think financially, Disney has to make sure to have enough spots open for resort guests and cash ticket guests. There's certainly a balance to strike because the Passholders are the ones who keep coming back and spend money in the parks. In the short term, I'd bet that Passholders would be the ones to spend more in the parks immediately upon reopening, but long term, if there's the appearance, at least, that only resort guests and passholders are going to get into the parks, it could cause more long term damage. If and when things ever get back to normal and full capacity at the parks, Disney cannot fill the parks with passholders and on-site guests, so they have to strike a balance as to not impact that subset too negatively (at least the perception thereof) in the long term.

As to resort guests, I think Disney really must try to ensure that those spending the heavily inflated costs of staying on property have at least some benefit and have a good chance to get into at least one park during their stays. Again, they could shift this availability later, but (and I really don't know the answer or the behavior patterns on this) - will local passholders adjust their plans and come to the park on last minute notice if there's availability?

I got my masks yesterday. Medium is very, very small. The ear loops are the tight fabric rather than elastic. If these were the only masks I had, I’d be very disappointed.

I am still waiting for my masks (hopefully today or tomorrow!), but I measured my kids for the masks. I think the mediums are more for kids. My six year old measured medium, my eight year old measured large.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter