Crowd calendars next week... what the heck?

SorryI'mNotSorry

The human world... it's a mess.
I'm confused about the crowd calendars for next week. We just changed our travel dates and I'm looking over the calendars for next week. We arrive on Wednesday which seems to be low crowd day. Then it goes up to moderate and then high on Saturday but then WDW prep. School shows all low crowds for the week and weekend. I'm not sure what to expect now. With the unusually high crowds the past week, anybody have an idea of what we might be up against?

I'm confused about the crowd calendars for next week. We just changed our travel dates and I'm looking over the calendars for next week. We arrive on Wednesday which seems to be low crowd day. Then it goes up to moderate and then high on Saturday but then WDW prep. School shows all low crowds for the week and weekend. I'm not sure what to expect now. With the unusually high crowds the past week, anybody have an idea of what we might be up against?

If you look at disney's 1 day ticket prices which fluxuate based on crowd shows value season is over and it's now normal season.

It's also pro bowl week and that's something brand new and nobody really knows what the crowds are going to be. I'm expecting it pretty crowded although disney 1 day tickets are priced like it's end of summer crowded.

If you look at disney's 1 day ticket prices which fluxuate based on crowd shows value season is over and it's now normal season.

It's also pro bowl week and that's something brand new and nobody really knows what the crowds are going to be. I'm expecting it pretty crowded although disney 1 day tickets are priced like it's end of summer crowded.
what am I doing wrong? I see 1-day ticket prices all listed as "value" for next week.... ?

what am I doing wrong? I see 1-day ticket prices all listed as "value" for next week.... ?

I think I screwed up looking at it. I just took white as value so the next "blue" up being regular. Sorry about that, I just started to use ticket prices to help figure out what disney thinks is going to happen.

However next week is the pro bowl and I know 1 calendar basically said we have no clue what will be going on as this is new and I suspect others might have just raised up to the highest level because you can only go down from there with actual crowd.

Corrected. The 5K is that day, which may be why some think the crowds will jump, folks will be running and hitting the parks. Just a guess

I don't know anything about that website or how reliable it is in crowd prediction. Still, just because they say it's going to be crowded doesn't mean it will be. I'm seeing mid level crowds for the weekend, fairly typical weekend levels in my experience. Not sure there are such a thing as low crowds and weekends.

I doubt it's going to be crowded for the Pro Bowl (and I'm going down there that week, too). They're still trying to sell tickets to the game. It should be fine.

Why would the Pro Bowl affect crowds? Surely kids don't get off of school for that?
They do not and I don't think it will. Some disagree.
The ProBowl has been a dismal failure. Most big name Players drops out because they don't want to play in it. Of course, those in the Superbowl game don't go anyway.
What is left is barely a game and not at all enjoyable to watch.
But, there are a few events at ESPN Zone that are there because the ProBowl is there. Things like Punt, Pass, Kick championships, a couple youth program championships and even a women's game of some sort. Those events will bring folks in but they are going to be at their events, limited times in the parks. Much like Pop Warner week

I think I screwed up looking at it. I just took white as value so the next "blue" up being regular. Sorry about that, I just started to use ticket prices to help figure out what disney thinks is going to happen.

However next week is the pro bowl and I know 1 calendar basically said we have no clue what will be going on as this is new and I suspect others might have just raised up to the highest level because you can only go down from there with actual crowd.
thanks! We are arriving Thurs night. Hoping for the best! :)

They do not and I don't think it will. Some disagree.
The ProBowl has been a dismal failure. Most big name Players drops out because they don't want to play in it. Of course, those in the Superbowl game don't go anyway.
What is left is barely a game and not at all enjoyable to watch.
But, there are a few events at ESPN Zone that are there because the ProBowl is there. Things like Punt, Pass, Kick championships, a couple youth program championships and even a women's game of some sort. Those events will bring folks in but they are going to be at their events, limited times in the parks. Much like Pop Warner week
Thanks. I didn't know there was stuff going on at ESPN zone, so that's the "new" he was talking about. I guess Boardwalk might be a little busier. Can't imagine more people would come to the parks just for that.

Why would the Pro Bowl affect crowds? Surely kids don't get off of school for that?

They don't, but there will likely be out of town folks that travel into the area for the game and make a long weekend out of it, including Disney/Universal. In addition, a lot of the players both in the pro bowl and not in the pro bowl will attend the game, bring their families, etc. and may use it as an opportunity to visit the parks. I doubt it will have a significant impact on crowd levels, but surely WDW will receive some additional visitors as a result of the pro bowl being in Orlando this year.

We'll be in WDW 2/4-2/12 and there's no consensus on crowd calendars. Touring Plans, easyWDW, and KennythePirate give 3 different answers for most of our days.

So, I don't think anyone knows anymore, with all the gyrations Disney has done to boost low-crowd times.

We'll be there from 1/26-2/6 and I'm not worried about it. Disney is always busy - even in the off season, they don't have as many rides running, so it feels just as crowded. Between RunDisney, the Pro Bowl, Festival of the Arts - I'm expecting crowds. But we'll be in Disney, so I'll take the crowds if they happen and I'll be happy if it's lower than expected. But I don't even look at crowd calendars anymore - they haven't done squat for us on previous trips and actually led me to the most crowded parks.

This is news to me. I'll be there 1/23-1/27. Will the Sorts complex tickets that came with my package get me into see anything?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter