Covid headache

Good luck - headaches are some of the worst symptoms. As others have said, drink as much non-caffeinated fluids as possible, lights low and just resting. Hard to do probably. If you are used to drinking tea or coffee everyday, then do have a drink of those because your headache will only get worse if you skip the caffeine suddenly.

Best of luck.

My then 14 year old had Covid before vaccines. She said the headache was the worst headache she’d ever had and by far the worst of her symptoms. Her’s lasted 2-3 days. I gave her Naproxen which she said didn’t help.

I hope you feel better soon and are able to get plenty of rest!

Good luck - headaches are some of the worst symptoms. As others have said, drink as much non-caffeinated fluids as possible, lights low and just resting. Hard to do probably. If you are used to drinking tea or coffee everyday, then do have a drink of those because your headache will only get worse if you skip the caffeine suddenly.

Best of luck.
Thank you!

My then 14 year old had Covid before vaccines. She said the headache was the worst headache she’d ever had and by far the worst of her symptoms. Her’s lasted 2-3 days. I gave her Naproxen which she said didn’t help.

I hope you feel better soon and are able to get plenty of rest!
Thank you so much. As your daughter experienced, the headache is the absolute worst one I can recall ever having and I used to get migraines as a teenager. It's like my head is being squeezed from all directions.

I'm so sorry - my covid headache was the worst headache I've ever had, and nothing really helped. It lasted about three days and was my worst symptom by far. Alternating advil & tylenol, staying in a dark room, and using an ice pack/washcloth took the edge off.

I'm so sorry - my covid headache was the worst headache I've ever had, and nothing really helped. It lasted about three days and was my worst symptom by far. Alternating advil & tylenol, staying in a dark room, and using an ice pack/washcloth took the edge off.
Thank you 😊. I’m definitely going to keep up with the cold washcloth/ice pack and the meds. This virus is so odd in how it affects people so differently. My son’s symptoms are like a bad cold - no fever, headache or body aches. I’ve got a fever, body aches and this massive headache.

Uggh, that's awful, I can offer a cheat sheet you to the world of chronic migraines.

Did the Excedrin not work at all or did it just wear off? Most people who don't get headaches don't understand that once one rings the bell they linger ready to pounce for a few days. Need to take just one Excedrin and keep on schedule, too much and you'll get rebound so more is def not better, in my family I give one of those and a single reg Motrin and watch the clock.

If OTC really isn't working there are prescription remedies for short term and long term help if it is keeping a person from classes or work, a Dr would need to assist though. Toradol shots that work great for a few days at a time, my family Dr has kept them on hand and many Urgent Care have them too. They also come in Tablet form which aren't as long lasting but more convenient If this isn't enough or if you are missing work etc there are things called trigger point injections Neurologists can give that can for for around a week at a time, I used to do these before vacations before I got Botox (life saver for me).

Avoiding fragrance, bright light & loud noise, staying cool and using ice packs on your eyes and behind your neck can stop them or lessen them, no alcohol or processed foods or drinks.

Last edited:
That sounds awful I suffer from migraines and my prescription medicine(fioricet) has caffeine in it. I find that if I feel a migraine coming on and I have something with caffeine right away-I can sometimes avoid taking anything much stronger than an extended release Tylenol(great stuff by the way and doesn't upset my stomach like some other meds). I hope you get to feeling better soon!

Uggh, that's awful, I can offer a cheat sheet you to the world of chronic migraines.

Did the Excedrin not work at all or did it just wear off? Most people who don't get headaches don't understand that once one rings the bell they linger ready to pounce for a few days. Need to take just one Excedrin and keep on schedule, too much and you'll get rebound so more is def not better, in my family I give one of those and a single reg Tylenol and watch the clock.

If OTC really isn't working there are prescription remedies for short term and long term help if it is keeping a person from classes or work, a Dr would need to assist though. Toradol shots that work great for a few days at a time, my family Dr has kept them on hand and many Urgent Care have them too. They also come in Tablet form which aren't as long lasting but more convenient If this isn't enough or if you are missing work etc there are things called trigger point injections Neurologists can give that can for for around a week at a time, I used to do these before vacations before I got Botox (life saver for me).

Avoiding fragrance, bright light & loud noise, staying cool and using ice packs on your eyes and behind your neck can stop them or lessen them, no alcohol or processed foods or drinks.
Thank you. I don’t normally get migraines these days. This was definitely a Covid headache. Excedrin didn’t work at all. Thr good news is I did take 800 mg ibuprofen this morning and the headache is lessening. I appreciate your information 🤗

Thank you. I don’t normally get migraines these days. This was definitely a Covid headache. Excedrin didn’t work at all. Thr good news is I did take 800 mg ibuprofen this morning and the headache is lessening. I appreciate your information 🤗
I edited to change to have a single Motrin with the single Excedrin, not a Tylenol since it already has that in it and too much can be bad or make the headache worse, do as little as possible to alleviate it. Most of the time the single Excedrin works for family members unless something is making it worse than normal (albuterol, wine etc) and then the Motrin and ice normally are normally enough of an uptick. I am the only one who needs Dr help, but their magical remedies usually work. Some Dr's use steroids but I'm not sure that's smart if you are sick, make sure you tell them you are sick, Dr ewould be the one to know. Feel better!

Obviously take the least you can to alleviate symptoms. But from what you’ve described, you needed to at least start with the 800mg. You can lower it if your symptoms decrease, but keep up with it, still. It’s an anti-inflammatory, whereas Tylenol is not. (I deal with pain for a living!)

That sounds awful I suffer from migraines and my prescription medicine(fioricet) has caffeine in it. I find that if I feel a migraine coming on and I have something with caffeine right away-I can sometimes avoid taking anything much stronger than an extended release Tylenol(great stuff by the way and doesn't upset my stomach like some other meds). I hope you get to feeling better soon!
Thank you so much 🤗
Obviously take the least you can to alleviate symptoms. But from what you’ve described, you needed to at least start with the 800mg. You can lower it if your symptoms decrease, but keep up with it, still. It’s an anti-inflammatory, whereas Tylenol is not. (I deal with pain for a living!)
thank you so much! You have been so helpful and I really appreciate it 🤗

I edited to change to have a single Motrin with the single Excedrin, not a Tylenol since it already has that in it and too much can be bad or make the headache worse, do as little as possible to alleviate it. Most of the time the single Excedrin works for family members unless something is making it worse than normal (albuterol, wine etc) and then the Motrin and ice normally are normally enough of an uptick. I am the only one who needs Dr help, but their magical remedies usually work. Some Dr's use steroids but I'm not sure that's smart if you are sick, make sure you tell them you are sick, Dr ewould be the one to know. Feel better!
Thank you! The pain is lessening now and I’m so relieved. I really appreciate your help. 🤗

I had the worst headache with the 2nd dose Covid vaccine. It felt like someone kept hitting the back of my head with a baseball bat. Hope you feel better soon.

May I ask if this is the first time you have Covid?

Thank you 😊. I’m definitely going to keep up with the cold washcloth/ice pack and the meds. This virus is so odd in how it affects people so differently. My son’s symptoms are like a bad cold - no fever, headache or body aches. I’ve got a fever, body aches and this massive headache.
I use a bag of frozen peas or corn, instead of the ice pack. I put a bar towel around the bag, and refreeze when it needs it; reusing it over and over. (I never let it get fully thawed, and once we use it for an ice pack, it's marked and not eaten.) I like using the veg because it is softer and conforms better than an ice cube (say, around a sprained ankle) and with the bar towel, it doesn't make a mess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter