couples/solos- how do you get pictures of yourselves?

disnut8 said:
To take it further - one woman was in line to meet Winnie the Pooh with her kids. My son's family was behind her. The woman realized she didn't have her camera, her husband did at another part of the park. The lady behind my kids offered to take a digital photo and email it to the first woman.

It's so amazing to see people being so kind! :goodvibes Me and DBf go by oursleves all the time and we always ask people to take our picture... Most of the time people are more than happy to do it, and we have some amazing memories beause of this! So to all you people who take the time to stop and take a picture, thanks! :flower:

A funny story came to mind when I read this post... As others have stated, everyone seems more than willing to take your picture. All you have to do is ask. My DH and I were in WDW last November. He wanted to bring our tripod for the digital camera to get some pictures of us (but mostly because he loves to play with gadgets), but he felt kind of embarrassed to be setting up the tripod in front of various places. So, in his mind he justified it by thinking that no one would take our picture.

So, he decides on a shot and sets the tripod down to start setting it up. He says something like, "This is better because no one will stop to take our picture." As if on cue, this gal walks by and says, "Here, let me take your picture for you." :rotfl2:

It was one of the best pictures of our time there--I was laughing hysterically and he was a bit red faced.

Has anyone tried the photopass? I always take my digital camera but have occasionally purchased park photos of our group. My only problem was trying to see the photo in detail prior to purchase. Now they're offering a pass when you have your first photo taken. You give the photographers the card whenever you have your picture taken. Once you get home you use the id# to view your pictures on the web. I haven't tried it but there doesn't seem to be any obligation. The blurb states you can share your photos and are able to order 5X7, 8x10, and wallet photos for a fee.

I'm making my first solo trip to WDW next month so I think I'm going to give it a try.

DBf and I always take our own pictures. Everyone always laughs at how good they come out. If we want a picture of us with something in the background we always just ask people if they'd mind taking a picture for us. On a funny note, when asking someone to take a pic for you, please speak clearly to them. Last May when we were in AK, Dbf asked a woman if she could take a pic for us and she abrupty responded, "excuse me?" in a rather startled voice. When he asked if she could take a pic again for us...she sighed with relief and said "oh, I thought you asked me to take my shirt off!" After her DH told her to get the wax out of her ears, they of course, took a picture for us. One other funny time was on the boat ride from MK over to FW, we asked a woman to take a pic for us (at the time we didn't have digital) when we developed the film it was me fixing my sunglasses and Dbf was in the process of putting his arm around me! My suggestions is go digital! This way if you're really hopeing to capture a moment you'll know it came out the way you wanted it to.

If I'm character hopping, I usually ask the cast member standing with the character if they could please take a picture. When I went 2 years ago, was able to get my picture taken with several characters. Also, if I see a family or a couple looking to take a picture, I will usually stop and ask if the person with the camera would like to get into the picture. Most people say yes and thank you, although some decline and those rare few look at me like I'm nuts, but that's ok. It's the thought that counts. Also, if I get stopped by a CM near a major icon, I will let them take a picture with their camera and ask if they could do the same with mine. Never had a problem.

Usually other guests or cms offer when they see one of us taking the others picture. But, if we want a certain shot we will just ask someone to take a pic. People are so friendly you will get tons of pics!

We do it several ways, the first time we held out our hands, well DH who has MUCH longer arms than I do stuck out his arm very far and we took a picture of us at the fountain in Italy. Well some very nice lady ran over and said, that will never do and took our picture for us.
We have asked CM's which are always nice of them. And Thirdly my new digital camera that made its debut on our most recent trip has a mini tripod and a timer. So we did that a lot too..

CarolynNC said:
Has anyone tried the photopass? I always take my digital camera but have occasionally purchased park photos of our group. My only problem was trying to see the photo in detail prior to purchase. Now they're offering a pass when you have your first photo taken. You give the photographers the card whenever you have your picture taken. Once you get home you use the id# to view your pictures on the web. I haven't tried it but there doesn't seem to be any obligation. The blurb states you can share your photos and are able to order 5X7, 8x10, and wallet photos for a fee.

I'm making my first solo trip to WDW next month so I think I'm going to give it a try.
I have a photopass and use it all the time. Being a solo its easy to get pictures with the charactors (I usually have a CM take one too), and then when I get home I can view them on the website.
I haven't tried to email them, But So far its worked well.

Moosysmom said:
I have a photopass and use it all the time. Being a solo its easy to get pictures with the charactors (I usually have a CM take one too), and then when I get home I can view them on the website.
I haven't tried to email them, But So far its worked well.

Thanks for your reply. Can't wait to give it a try. Less than a month to go! :teeth:

DH & I usually ask a CM or another Disney visitor to take our picture. On one trip, when we were in Epcot, we set the camera on one of the trash cans and used the timer function to take our picture. I was so afraid that someone would come along and knock the camera into the trash can, but we were lucky!

We've never had anyone tell us they wouldn't take our picture, and I always try to keep an eye out for other couples who might need someone to take their picture so I can return the favor! :sunny:

Here's the few ways we have our picture taken together, and yup, it's just me and my DH!

1. We purchase those park pictures that have us standing in front of the park icons. (Tree of Life, Cindy's Castle, etc.) I know these photos cost money, but the photos turn out great! The CM's will even let me view the photos after they snap them, and if i want to retake it, they are more than willing to accomodate!

2. We also buy those ride photos. They're fun, and it's another instance in which we don't have to bother someone to snap a photo of us.

We have asked strangers to take our picture, but I really hate bothering people on their vacation! And funny enough, no one as ever offered to take our picture.

Thanks,
Diznee25

ziggystardust said:
Its usually just me and my DBF at WDW. I always find that there is always someone offering to take a picture of the two of us. Ah the magic of disney.

We do pass along the kindness and always offer when we see the opportunity.

Ditto. But we still have lots of pics with just one of us in it :lol:

Ask very nicely for a CM to take it or another guest in the same line but usually it's another CM.

Jessica

I've asked the character handler if they would take the photo for me, or
I'd ask the guest behind me in line if they would do it. I've never had
a guest say no, and I offer to reciprocate.

ziggystardust said:
We do pass along the kindness and always offer when we see the opportunity.

My DW is the queen of taking pictures for others. I think she likes doing this as much as anything else at WDW. :3dglasses

I was at MGM for the Star Wars weekend by myself. I asked whoever was next in line to take my pix and offered to do theirs. I got some great photos! And a real nice one with Chewie!

Cast members or character handlers are always willing to take them. Lots of guests offer too. My friend and I usually see a person and suggest we can take the picture and they can have a photo with everyone and not a album/scrapbook with one person in all photos.

Some people look at us with a strange look as we approach and tell them that they really want to be in that picture and hand over the camera. We have a great time and people are always very thankful for helping them have great pictures with everyone in the picture.

CarolynNC said:

I used photopass last December. We had about 15 photos taken throughout the parks and probably ordered half of them when we got home. The whole process was extremely easy and there is no obligation to buy. One little tip, the photopass photographers will take pictures using your own camera. We did this several times. :flower:

I have very few pics of me with characters because I feel guilty if I try to stand in a character line, thinking that it is really for the kids. But since I didn't have the chance to go to either DL or WDW till I was almost 40, I feel like I am missing out. I do have one pic I got with Tigger on my first trip, he was heading over a bridge to Dinoland and I kind of lost my head and ran up...yellling...TIGGGER!!!... :blush: He is my fav. I also stood in one line for Woody and Buzz at MGM, but only cause there were only about 2 others in the line, both young kids.

I guess I need assurance that is it ok for an adult to stand in the lines to get pics.

Sure, I stand in line to get pictures with characters all the time. Their "handlers" are always very nice about it. I recently learned that the handlers occassionally like to see unattached adults. When I was in line to see Tigger, his handler noticed his tail or something needed to be tucked in. She asked me in a very quiet voice to keep Tigger kneeling so she could go in back of him and "tuck him in". Knowing I was helping kept me from feeling too conspicuos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter