• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

couples/solos- how do you get pictures of yourselves?

LuluLovesDisney

<font color=red>If you're not outraged, you're not
Do you ask people to take pictures of you at the parks, with characters, etc. Is it difficult to do?
I'd love some nice pictures while we're there. :cloud9:

Its usually just me and my DBF at WDW. I always find that there is always someone offering to take a picture of the two of us. Ah the magic of disney.

We do pass along the kindness and always offer when we see the opportunity.

Its always been just my DH and myself when visiting WDW.

We have just asked people if they wouldn't mind and in 5 trips we have had no say no !

Cast members ususally offer !
Don't worry
:earsboy:

Even after 5 annual solo vacations, it still is difficult to ask people to take my photo. I just use the disposable cameras, so it should be pretty easy for the person to take my photo. So far, the easiest person to approach is the CM
in one of the restaurants. I have been snubbed a couple of times by strangers, and I'm not sure why. :confused3

I always ask CMs, and they're always more than willing (lots of times they think it's great that I'm there solo). Characters' "handlers" (or whatever you call them) are always willing, too, and they take great pictures!

We've always had people willing to take our picture. Most volunteer but if you ask there always seems to be someone willing to take one. :goodvibes

Travel when TLinden16 is around - she is the unofficial WDW photographer, I believe!!! She'll spot anyone taking a photo and offer to take it for them.

:)

bavaria said:
Travel when TLinden16 is around - she is the unofficial WDW photographer, I believe!!! She'll spot anyone taking a photo and offer to take it for them.

:)

LOL :teeth: You've got that right! I must admit I'm usually caught up in the excitement around me and don't notice, but lately I've tried to keep an eye out and offer to take a photo or two as well. I have had a few people ask me and have been more than happy to oblige. I have also asked a few CM's to take my picture and they have always seemed quite happy to do so.

Kathe

Just ask someone!
It works very well - especially with a simple digital camera - they don't feel as much pressure and you know if you got a good shot.

We always offer to return the favor. They may say no, but it's good etiquette. No matter how big or small the group, they always appreciate a group shot without anyone missing.

I have to admit I seem to be looking for couples taking a picture of each other and I always offer a pic of the 2 of them together. When I was at Epcot with my 5 yr old nephew one afternoon I would ask couples if they would take our pic in return I would take theirs. It worked out great. I must admit I prefer taking others pics with digital cameras so they can see if they like the shot. Have a great trip with the magic of Disney you will come back with some wonderful shots.

i either take the pic of me myself, or ask a CM. sometimes i will ask someone else, but i dont like bothering other guests. CM's are always more than happy to take your picture.

I was recently strolling through the Epcot Showcase, and a group of young women asked me if I would take a photo of them. Of course, no problem. I just hope the pic turned out good :goodvibes

I was solo on my trip, and encountering a few characters, the CM offered to take a picture of me and the character. That was great :sunny:

I agree with others that asking CM's or other park guests to take your picture is okay. You get t omeet a lot of great people by taking pictures for someone else, or asking someone to take your picture.

Sorry to be a late reply to this one. But recently went for a trip to the Gold Coast Theme Parks (in Australia) and saw a tourist with the best idea, which i will probably try out on my next trip. They had a tripod and with most digitals allowing time delay, he set it up and then quickly went to his partner and took a picture. I thought it was a brilliant idea. Love to visit Disneyland USA again and will be visiting the Disneyland Paris in about a year.

jacks said:
Sorry to be a late reply to this one. But recently went for a trip to the Gold Coast Theme Parks (in Australia) and saw a tourist with the best idea, which i will probably try out on my next trip. They had a tripod and with most digitals allowing time delay, he set it up and then quickly went to his partner and took a picture. I thought it was a brilliant idea. Love to visit Disneyland USA again and will be visiting the Disneyland Paris in about a year.
This is a neat idea, but I'd wager that the tripod would be bumped into or the camera would end up taking a picture of someone's ear. :rotfl: Gotta love those commandos! (me included)

My friend and I went in March/April. We asked a ton of people to take our picture and all but one did. The one guy was a (fill-in-the blank). He said he couldn't be bothered because he was watching his kids, which were about 40 feet ahead of him at MGM. Other than him, people were more than willing to take a picture!

Many times when we asked, the family or couple would ask us to take a picture of them! One lady said she never had a picture of her whole family at Epcot and was so pleased we could take it! It is just so nice to get pictures of your whole group. :)

Favorite moment at Disney World. It was myself, the husband, his parents, and my dad and stepmother. One of the few times all six of us were together (or so we thought). We wanted a picture of all of us. We had breakfast at Spoodles and I thought the Boardwalk would make a nice background. I lead them all out for the picture. No one thought I could do it. I just asked the nice DVC Cast Member standing nearby and that picture turned out perfect.

I always volunteer to take pictures and even my camera-phobic husband has been asked and did it. It's really kind of nice to see couples eagerly doing this and then having their picture taken as well.

To take it further - one woman was in line to meet Winnie the Pooh with her kids. My son's family was behind her. The woman realized she didn't have her camera, her husband did at another part of the park. The lady behind my kids offered to take a digital photo and email it to the first woman.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter