• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Countdown to "Blue Friday" 2015!

Hi!
Following along as we will be there in April and hoping for some added excitement!
This is probably a silly question -- is this one of these sales that starts at midnight and is only good until everything is sold, or do they last the day?
Thank you!

Hi!
Following along as we will be there in April and hoping for some added excitement!
This is probably a silly question -- is this one of these sales that starts at midnight and is only good until everything is sold, or do they last the day?
Thank you!

The sale will last throughout Black Friday weekend :thumbsup2 .

Hoping for deals on the tours! Might be the boost I need to book one

How do I find the deals? I'm planning on going 1/18-20 so am very interested!!!

How do I find the deals? I'm planning on going 1/18-20 so am very interested!!!

You can sign up on their website to receive the Blue Friday email notifications. They will also post them on their Facebook page. SW usually gives a bit of a teaser a day or two prior so you have a feel of what at least some of the offers will be.

Or, you could just keep tuning in to this thread, because we will be posting the details here once they're released, too :) .

I am anxious to see what they have. Thanks to one of your trip reports Gina I am now signed up for their newsletter! We added a day to our US/IOA trip in Feb since we have yet to try Sea World. So hoping we can get some deals for food and/or admission!

So excited to follow along. We are a family of 3 as well (well we actually have a 9 month old that will be free so I guess we are technically a family of 4 but just need 3 passes) so I'm with you I would much rather see a 50% discount. I do wonder what the options would be if we did have to get an extra annual pass. Could we sell it or something or would it be locked to our names?? People can have there black Friday ads I just want to see what SW offers so I can finish planning my vaca ;) Thanks for starting this thread, it makes me so excited!

So excited to follow along. We are a family of 3 as well (well we actually have a 9 month old that will be free so I guess we are technically a family of 4 but just need 3 passes) so I'm with you I would much rather see a 50% discount. I do wonder what the options would be if we did have to get an extra annual pass. Could we sell it or something or would it be locked to our names?? People can have there black Friday ads I just want to see what SW offers so I can finish planning my vaca ;) Thanks for starting this thread, it makes me so excited!

I am pretty sure that AP's need to be attached to a specific guest name when purchased.....unless that's changed over the past couple of years since we've been AP holders.

*If* (and yes, I realize I am putting the cart before the horse here!! :) ) SW offers their AP's on a BOGO basis again this Black Friday, my fam of 3 would be interested in splitting our extra AP with another family in the same position. That would allow us each to pay 50% for our third pass. You can PM me if this is something you tentatively want to plan on....perhaps all those positive thoughts will pan out for us!!

One potential problem though is that both ap vouchers are activated at the same time. We bought 6 ap's bogo and when 4 of us went to redeem the vouchers, only one bar code was scanned and the machine spit out 6 AP's.

When they offer the Blue Friday deals and if one is a dining plan deal do you have to provide a specific date to book the deal, or can it be used on any date? Do we get some kind of electronic paperwork or something mailed to us? I haven't purchased tickets or anything for the parks online before.

I got this email the other day, they are doing the buy one get one free annual pass again :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 89
One potential problem though is that both ap vouchers are activated at the same time. We bought 6 ap's bogo and when 4 of us went to redeem the vouchers, only one bar code was scanned and the machine spit out 6 AP's.

I wonder if this could be avoided by making multiple purchases? Like 4 on one order, and 2 on another?

When they offer the Blue Friday deals and if one is a dining plan deal do you have to provide a specific date to book the deal, or can it be used on any date? Do we get some kind of electronic paperwork or something mailed to us? I haven't purchased tickets or anything for the parks online before.

When we purchased the dining plan on the BF sales a few years ago, it was not date specific (thought it had a use-before date restriction).

I got this email the other day, they are doing the buy one get one free annual pass again :)

Woohoo!!! :cool1::cheer2::banana::jumping3::Pinkbounc:woohoo:

Thank you so much for sharing!!! I did not get the email but my day is officially made! ::yes::

Can you tell me what the details on the Fun Card offer are as well (pricing, etc.). I can't read that part of the photo, and I'm wondering if 2 fun cards and 2 ap's would work for us (and be more cost effective versus 4 aps).

Thanks irisheyes! Just looked and I got the same email (Gina, no mention of Fun Card deals in my email).

Something to note is that the ad states "Must sign up for email to take advantage of these deals." So I went ahead and signed up; you never know -- perhaps they won't post the deals on their website this year. The only reason I got the email I did get is because I am a current AP holder (bought last year with the BOGO sale).

Thanks irisheyes! Just looked and I got the same email (Gina, no mention of Fun Card deals in my email).

Something to note is that the ad states "Must sign up for email to take advantage of these deals." So I went ahead and signed up; you never know -- perhaps they won't post the deals on their website this year. The only reason I got the email I did get is because I am a current AP holder (bought last year with the BOGO sale).

I have signed up for SW emails a bazillion times....but for some reason, I never get the dang things!! :headache: Not even we when were passmembers a few years back. I am wondering if it has anything to do with our non-American IP address? :scratchin

I thought the pic that irisheyes posted said something about the Fun Card near the top....lol, that's what happens when I read the Disboards while still in bed and before my morning coffee!! :rotfl:

Woohoo!!! :cool1::cheer2::banana::jumping3::Pinkbounc:woohoo:

Thank you so much for sharing!!! I did not get the email but my day is officially made! ::yes::

Can you tell me what the details on the Fun Card offer are as well (pricing, etc.). I can't read that part of the photo, and I'm wondering if 2 fun cards and 2 ap's would work for us (and be more cost effective versus 4 aps).

No fun card deal I had bought a fun card for one of my party and they were just letting me know about the annual pass deal :)

No fun card deal I had bought a fun card for one of my party and they were just letting me know about the annual pass deal :)

Gotcha :thumbsup2 .

I can't thank you enough for sharing the information about the BOGO AP's. We had been waiting (and hoping!) to see if that offer was extended again in 2015, and were kind of in limbo with our Christmas trip plans until we found out. We can now go ahead and firm up the itinerary, thanks to you!!

Christmas Day at SeaWorld....I can't wait!!!! :santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter