Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- October 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
13 more days till i arrive at CSR!!! Now i just have to pray that the snow stays away that one day for me to get out of these 5 foot snow piles we have here at home.

13 more days till i arrive at CSR!!! Now i just have to pray that the snow stays away that one day for me to get out of these 5 foot snow piles we have here at home.

We're planning a trip for October and I'm worried this snow will still be around! :laughing: Wishing you lots of pixie dust! Have a wonderful time!

Sending lots of pixiedust:pixiedust: that the snow stays away and you are able to get off without delay. :)

I'm right behind you...we leave in sixteen days from the land of the ice and snow... I'm hoping the weather will be calm by then and there will be no problems. Wishing all of us lots of this pixiedust: We are also staying at CSR, from the 19th through the 26th. Cannot wait. This will be our second time.

Just booked CSR for the first week in March!! A little last minute but this winter has already been too much! A snowstorm a week? Enough is enough! A little sun & a lot of fun will definetly keep those winter blues away =]

:yay: I'm so excited!!! :yay:

Thanks to the snow I to also booked a last minute trip back to CSR!! Enough winter:eek::eek::eek:

My husband and I will be making a family trip to CSR this December and we're super excited. We've stayed at POFQ, POR, and this April will be at VWL. We're really looking forward to being at CSR when all of the Christmas decorations will be up. I'd like to go ahead and at least make the room reservation, but I'm not sure if I should wait for more AP discounts to come out since we both have APs. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Danielle

This might be a dumb question....

I haven't stayed at CSR in YEARS, and I have forgotten how the pepper market works...
My questions really are this:

Do they have an area ( like pop or Port Orleans ) that is like a common area, where I can bring my bagels from home and throw them in a toaster?

Also, do they do refillable mugs there?

It always has been. It's not owned by Disney, and like many of the others not owned by Disney (like some in Epcot and some in DTD), contract negotiations often last until December of the previous year. So just because it's not currently on the DP list doesn't mean that it won't be. Odds are excellent that it will.

CSR isn't owned by Disney or the Pepper Market isn't? Is that why the Rix lounge isn't on the Tables in Wonderland plan? The other mods have a lounge that is.

Just booked CSR for the first week in March!! A little last minute but this winter has already been too much! A snowstorm a week? Enough is enough! A little sun & a lot of fun will definetly keep those winter blues away =]

:yay: I'm so excited!!! :yay:

Congratulations!!!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Thanks to the snow I to also booked a last minute trip back to CSR!! Enough winter:eek::eek::eek:

Another congratulations!!!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

My husband and I will be making a family trip to CSR this December and we're super excited. We've stayed at POFQ, POR, and this April will be at VWL. We're really looking forward to being at CSR when all of the Christmas decorations will be up. I'd like to go ahead and at least make the room reservation, but I'm not sure if I should wait for more AP discounts to come out since we both have APs. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Danielle

We don't have AP's so I don't know what discounts are like. However, as CSR gets harder and harder to get a reservation at, I would book now and you can always change later with an AP rate.

This might be a dumb question....

I haven't stayed at CSR in YEARS, and I have forgotten how the pepper market works...
My questions really are this:

Do they have an area ( like pop or Port Orleans ) that is like a common area, where I can bring my bagels from home and throw them in a toaster?

Also, do they do refillable mugs there?

I believe they still have a spot with the toaster (if not, it might be in Cafe Rix); hopefully someone else will know for sure (we never use it).

Yes, they still have refillable mugs there. You can refill them at the PM, Cafe Rix and the pool.

CSR isn't owned by Disney or the Pepper Market isn't? Is that why the Rix lounge isn't on the Tables in Wonderland plan? The other mods have a lounge that is.

None of the restaurants at the CSR are owned by Disney and that is why they are always the last to go on the dining plan. I am assuming the Rix Lounge is also owned by an "outside" vendor, but I'm not 100% on that.

I'm so excited!!

Our original plans had us staying at CSR 6/10-6/15 because our first 2 nights were not available-we were planning on staying at PoP for those 2 nights.

I checked back and found out that our dates are now available :banana:, but wait it gets better.....

DH says why don't you see if we can add 2 nights to the beginning of the trip and those were available also :banana::banana:

I wasted NO time getting on the phone and getting those nights added to our reservation.

We now have 9 nights at CSR :woohoo::yay::dance3::woohoo:

8 days till our first stay at CSR! I'm so excited!!!

It will be here before you know it. :banana::banana::banana:

I'm so excited!!

Our original plans had us staying at CSR 6/10-6/15 because our first 2 nights were not available-we were planning on staying at PoP for those 2 nights.

I checked back and found out that our dates are now available :banana:, but wait it gets better.....

DH says why don't you see if we can add 2 nights to the beginning of the trip and those were available also :banana::banana:

I wasted NO time getting on the phone and getting those nights added to our reservation.

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO jealous. :goodvibes

I'm so excited!!

Yeah you will be there the same time we will :) I have always wanted to stay at CSR but when we normally go it is convention time and we can never get rooms ;)

I want to stay over in Caistas 4 or 5 near bus stop 2 so I don't know if I need to get a prefered room now or not. I like the location of 5 since it has a quiet pool and looks to be close to the bridge heading over to the main pool too.

We just got back from a 5 night stay at CSR (our first stay there) and it was awesome! I loved not sharing a bus with any other resorts. We booked a king bed, preferred room and were assigned to Casitas 2. Our only room complaint is that the room was located on the 4th floor and only certain elevators (Plaza elevators) went to the 4th floor and none of these were very close to our room so we just took the stairs the majority of the time. We found the CSR grounds to be beautiful and the staff to be friendly. They were doing some work on the buildings while we were there (small stuff like painting and replacing air filters). Since we were so close to bus stop #2, we rarely ventured to El Centro. Overall, we'd probably stay at CSR again if we choose to stay at a moderate.

Yeah you will be there the same time we will :) I have always wanted to stay at CSR but when we normally go it is convention time and we can never get rooms ;)

I want to stay over in Caistas 4 or 5 near bus stop 2 so I don't know if I need to get a prefered room now or not. I like the location of 5 since it has a quiet pool and looks to be close to the bridge heading over to the main pool too.

That is where I really want to be also-maybe we'll be neighbors :dance3:

I wanted to add too that we also have had issues booking there, so this year when it came available DH said "take it!" With the queen size beds and deluxe amenities at the moderate price it's a no brainer!

22 days until we arrive at CSR!!

A page back I had asked if anyone knew what was considered a preferred room. Does anyone know? We were asked when we switched our resort back to CSR from POR if we wanted a preferred king room. We said no. Now hoping that Cabanas are not considered preferred, its our favorite area.

Thanks!

22 days until we arrive at CSR!!

A page back I had asked if anyone knew what was considered a preferred room. Does anyone know? We were asked when we switched our resort back to CSR from POR if we wanted a preferred king room. We said no. Now hoping that Cabanas are not considered preferred, its our favorite area.

Thanks!

The Casitas section is the preferred location at CSR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter