Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- October 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just booked our trip for Sept 2011! After reading all that everyone has said here and all that Kat has done on the thread I cannot wait. It will be my DS first trip and he will be 18 months. My sis and bil will be joining my dh, ds, and I. After 2 years of not going to WDW I am in MAJOR need to see the mouse!

What a perfect time to go to Disney; your son will love the playground and the pool. So glad you are going back to Disney.

We're back! Thought CSR was great. Details later.

Welcome back. Can't wait to hear alla bout it.

Going back in Jan 23rd-29th, 2011. :cool1: My first trip was in Aug 2007 for a gospel music convention @ CSR. Didn't get to enjoy the parks much was attending seminars. Plus heat-humidity & being plus size is not too COOL in Florida. :rotfl:

Hopefully, you'll be able to enjoy the parks more this trip. You'll love the new queen beds.

Uhhhmmm... thanks, guys. We haven't been to CSR in a few years... were booked for Pop next weekend... and then I clicked on this thread, and had to call in and upgrade my reservation.

Glad you were able to get the upgrade. It's so easy to go back, isn't it?

According to someone who told me (I thought they said it was on allears, but I've not found it yet), the ribeye, the wet burrito as well as the WOK station are back. I have no idea how for long, but for anyone going soon, all three are there.

I read this too... It was on the Coronado springs tripod webpage. By the way I love reading this thread... We will be going to CSR for the first time in Feb and we cannot wait :cool1:

Got back yesterday morning :sad1: from yet another great trip at CSR ! We had a nice corner room in the Ranchos (which we requested) just above the quiet pool although we didn't book a water view. Staff was great as usual, especially the luggage assistance guys, we had great weather except for one day and enjoyed the quiet pool in our building and the big pool as well.
Had a meal or two at Pepper Market, still as good as we remembered.

Bus service was a little odd sometimes, one day we saw 2 or 3 Downtown Disney buses in a row at 10am, while the night before at 10pm (with 3 out of 4 parks closed) we'd waited 20mns for a DTD bus. But apart from that we had no issue.

I was glad to finally figure out we could ask our cab driver to turn right after entering CSR instead of going to El Centro, and be dropped off close to our building. For some reason I'd never thought of it, we'd get dropped off at El Centro then either wait for a DTD bus or get a ride in a cart with all the stuff we'd bought, which was not very practical.

We were 3 adults in one room and it was fine, beds were comfy, we definitely used all the space available. Housekeeping did a great job!

My one small complaint was that I couldn't find anything I could possibly keep down when I got sick.

As usual, all I can think about is, how soon can we go back????

for the people who returned recently, are housekeeping really bad? Are the rooms not cleaned? Just reading a few reviews and starting to get nervous but then my husband says alot of hotel (even high ends) sometimes have a sloppy cleaing and its can happen anywhere.

When we first entered the room, the mildew smell from the shower curtain knocked us off our feet. Now we have stayed at numerous hotels and maybe some had a slightly smelly shower curtain but this was sooo bad we had to call to have it changed immediately. Then, when we came back from the parks one day, one of the bed's pillows was askew and indented along with the bed having a very large indentation and the toilet seat was left up. I felt like Goldilocks, thinking someone had been sleeping in our bed. Actually we thought someone had broken in but nothing was missing. When I spoke to resort administrative personnel about this the representative said "Oh they were probably fixing a light bulb or something and maybe stood on the bed." Great maybe someone stood on the pillow. Hmm. Anyway,I don't think so all the lights were fine.
We have stayed at Disneyworld resorts 3 times and always had a pleasant stay. This stay at the Coronado Springs Resort was very disappointing and from our experience cannot recommend this resort to anyone.

Got back yesterday morning :sad1: from yet another great trip at CSR ! We had a nice corner room in the Ranchos (which we requested) just above the quiet pool although we didn't book a water view. Staff was great as usual, especially the luggage assistance guys, we had great weather except for one day and enjoyed the quiet pool in our building and the big pool as well.
Had a meal or two at Pepper Market, still as good as we remembered.

Bus service was a little odd sometimes, one day we saw 2 or 3 Downtown Disney buses in a row at 10am, while the night before at 10pm (with 3 out of 4 parks closed) we'd waited 20mns for a DTD bus. But apart from that we had no issue.

I was glad to finally figure out we could ask our cab driver to turn right after entering CSR instead of going to El Centro, and be dropped off close to our building. For some reason I'd never thought of it, we'd get dropped off at El Centro then either wait for a DTD bus or get a ride in a cart with all the stuff we'd bought, which was not very practical.

We were 3 adults in one room and it was fine, beds were comfy, we definitely used all the space available. Housekeeping did a great job!

My one small complaint was that I couldn't find anything I could possibly keep down when I got sick.

As usual, all I can think about is, how soon can we go back????

Thanks for your review. I'm glad you had another good stay at the CSR. I didn't know that about the cabs either -- that is good to know.

I keep asking myself "how soon can we go back" too.

When we first entered the room, the mildew smell from the shower curtain knocked us off our feet. Now we have stayed at numerous hotels and maybe some had a slightly smelly shower curtain but this was sooo bad we had to call to have it changed immediately. Then, when we came back from the parks one day, one of the bed's pillows was askew and indented along with the bed having a very large indentation and the toilet seat was left up. I felt like Goldilocks, thinking someone had been sleeping in our bed. Actually we thought someone had broken in but nothing was missing. When I spoke to resort administrative personnel about this the representative said "Oh they were probably fixing a light bulb or something and maybe stood on the bed." Great maybe someone stood on the pillow. Hmm. Anyway,I don't think so all the lights were fine.
We have stayed at Disneyworld resorts 3 times and always had a pleasant stay. This stay at the Coronado Springs Resort was very disappointing and from our experience cannot recommend this resort to anyone.

I'm sorry your stay at the CSR was not a good one for you, but glad you gave it a try. Not every resort is for everyone but you won't know that until you try it (our worse experiences were always at the Contemporary).

OK, time for some details. We stayed in Casitas 3 on the 4th floor, which we found to be an easy walk to El Centro. In fact we prefered to pick up the buses here instead of stop#2 which was supposed to be closer. My wife got lost a couple of times trying to find the right elevator or part of the building we were in. Close to the quiet pool which I used a couple of times but never did get over to the Dig Site.
We did get a couple of conventions show up while we were there but the resort never did feel crowded.
Had breakfast at the Pepper Market twice. Liked the French Toast more than the omlette but all was good. We also got the big ham and cheese croisant(I know I can't spell) at Rix cafe twice and it was good though pricey.
I'd like to try other resorts in the future but would come here again in a minute.

We just returned last night from a great short stay at CSR for a convention. Did not do parks so no comment on bus service but it was great the last time we were there. We originally booked POR but due to a bad experience we asked to be moved to CSR and we were so glad we did. We absolutely loved it. It is now our favorite resort for the money. The beds were awesome the room very clean and nice and the staff was very friendly and helpful. We can not say enough about this resort and will most likely stay here most of the time from now on because it was so close to being deluxe except for the lack of private balcony which we like but not enough for the price difference. The food and ambiance was great at Maya Grill which I think is way underrated. I can't wait to go back!!!

OK, time for some details. We stayed in Casitas 3 on the 4th floor, which we found to be an easy walk to El Centro. In fact we prefered to pick up the buses here instead of stop#2 which was supposed to be closer. My wife got lost a couple of times trying to find the right elevator or part of the building we were in. Close to the quiet pool which I used a couple of times but never did get over to the Dig Site.
We did get a couple of conventions show up while we were there but the resort never did feel crowded.
Had breakfast at the Pepper Market twice. Liked the French Toast more than the omlette but all was good. We also got the big ham and cheese croisant(I know I can't spell) at Rix cafe twice and it was good though pricey.
I'd like to try other resorts in the future but would come here again in a minute.

Thanks for letting us know about your stay. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay at the CSR (I wasn't crazy about the omelet, but I liked the potatos).

We just returned last night from a great short stay at CSR for a convention. Did not do parks so no comment on bus service but it was great the last time we were there. We originally booked POR but due to a bad experience we asked to be moved to CSR and we were so glad we did. We absolutely loved it. It is now our favorite resort for the money. The beds were awesome the room very clean and nice and the staff was very friendly and helpful. We can not say enough about this resort and will most likely stay here most of the time from now on because it was so close to being deluxe except for the lack of private balcony which we like but not enough for the price difference. The food and ambiance was great at Maya Grill which I think is way underrated. I can't wait to go back!!!

Thanks for your review. I'm so glad that you enjoyed another stay at the CSR and that all was well with your room (another reason that it is not really a "resort" problem...but more an individual mousekeeper at every resort). The only thing that the CSR lacks, in our opinion, is a balcony. But I can live without it as everything else is great. We are definitely trying Maya Grill the next time we go.

We (Me, DW, DS) will be coming to Disney World in December, and we can't wait!! This will be our first time at the CSR, and our first time coming during Christmas.

Our previous visits have both been in September when the weather is stil pretty warm, so we don't know what to expect temperature wise in December. We are coming from Utah where it will be nice and cold, but what kind of temperatures in general can we expect in Florida? Will it be cold enough that we should bring jackets? Will it be warm enough to use the pools?

Kat, thanks for the GREAT info on CSR. Your posts, pictures and information have been invaluable! :goodvibes

We (Me, DW, DS) will be coming to Disney World in December, and we can't wait!! This will be our first time at the CSR, and our first time coming during Christmas.

Our previous visits have both been in September when the weather is stil pretty warm, so we don't know what to expect temperature wise in December. We are coming from Utah where it will be nice and cold, but what kind of temperatures in general can we expect in Florida? Will it be cold enough that we should bring jackets? Will it be warm enough to use the pools?

Kat, thanks for the GREAT info on CSR. Your posts, pictures and information have been invaluable! :goodvibes

we have been to WDW many times in Dec and we also live in Florida...as for the weather....it's hard to say....I've heard the average day in Dec is in the upper 70's and we have seen it in the 80's....but we have also seen daytime highs in the 50's...so I always pack for cool weather as the evenings usualy are chilly...but I also pack a suitcase full of summer clothes and swimsuits as we have used the pool in Dec too

Hi there! I received a pin code for May and I am looking at staying here. Two quick questions

All rooms come with a mini-fridge right?

And does anybody know the cost for using the fitness centre? I'll probably just end up jogging around the lake but good to know the cost in advance just in case. :thumbsup2

Hi there! I received a pin code for May and I am looking at staying here. Two quick questions

All rooms come with a mini-fridge right?

And does anybody know the cost for using the fitness centre? I'll probably just end up jogging around the lake but good to know the cost in advance just in case. :thumbsup2

Yes, all rooms come with the mini-fridge.

And there is NO cost to use the fitness center as long as you are staying at the CSR. :)

I would be interested in seeing some trip pics of CSR during Christmas. We love going during the holidays! We are going next summer for free dining end of August to CSR. We haven't been @ Disney Christmas since '07. You will love it @ Christmas in Disney. I think it's the best time to go. It's almost extra magical! :santa:

Looks like I will be there about the same time as you. I am packing for cold and warm weather. I was at the World about the same time a few years back and regretted not packing our winter coats. My husband froze until I bought heavy jackets for both of us. It seems like this time of year is pretty unpredictable. Could be warm and sure am hoping for that or could be cold. I found that around the parks particularly EPCOT at night it seemed to be very damp and cool.
This will be my first stay at CSR as well.

We're checking in on Friday for our quick Veteran's Day trip to hang out with some of our friends in Orlando and get in some last bites at Food & Wine. I have a room request on the reservation (Casitas or Cabanas -- since I stayed in Ranchos years ago). I just faxed a second room request directly to the resort with a little more detail (Casitas 4th or 3rd floor, and if that isn't available then Casitas or Cabanas 2nd floor). Online check-in lets you check a "prefer ground floor" option but I actually want the opposite. I guess that is a less common request, so I'm hoping I can get a nice 4th floor room (I like being higher up for some reason).

We're checking in on Friday for our quick Veteran's Day trip to hang out with some of our friends in Orlando and get in some last bites at Food & Wine. I have a room request on the reservation (Casitas or Cabanas -- since I stayed in Ranchos years ago). I just faxed a second room request directly to the resort with a little more detail (Casitas 4th or 3rd floor, and if that isn't available then Casitas or Cabanas 2nd floor). Online check-in lets you check a "prefer ground floor" option but I actually want the opposite. I guess that is a less common request, so I'm hoping I can get a nice 4th floor room (I like being higher up for some reason).

The online form only allows you to ask for first floor, I believe. You were right to have it noted on your reservation.

Hi everyone!

So our long awaited trip has come and gone! Just wanted to give you all our review of CSR!

This was our 2nd time there...the first time was in 2007 and we stayed in the Casitas. This time, I requested Ranchos Building 7B.

We used online check-in so when we arrived we went straight to the Concierge Desk instead of to the main check-in desk. Our packet was all ready for us but it still took a few minutes to get everything squared away. I think it still saves about 10 minutes though, as opposed to just checking in upon arrival.

The walk to the Ranchos section takes about 7-8 minutes. Our building was directly behind the quiet pool and the laundry facility. It was about a 3 minute walk to The Dig Site. We didn't realize until about 1/2 way through our trip, that we were walking a huge unnecessary circle to get to the bus stop! Bus Stop # 4 is directly behind building 7B so once we figured that out, it was about a 1 minute walk.

The newly refurbished rooms are great! The bed was extremely comfortable! Although I never took any pics of the room! Sorry!

The buses were running pretty regularly during our stay. We only waited a while on 2 of our 10 days and by a while, I mean pretty much exactly 20 minutes, which is what they tell you to expect anyway.

We ate at the Pepper Market most mornings and have no complaints!

We did NOT, however, see any alligators in the lake! :goodvibes

We are really hoping to get to go back to WDW in 2011, and we've decided that we will definitely be staying at CSR again! I MUCH preferred the Ranchos to the Casitas, but I will request the Cabanas for the next trip so I can compare all 3 sections.

Here are some pics I took while we were there!

IMG_2159.jpg

IMG_2130.jpg

IMG_2132.jpg

IMG_2141.jpg

IMG_2142.jpg

IMG_2150.jpg

IMG_2160.jpg

IMG_2168.jpg

IMG_2201.jpg

IMG_2204.jpg

IMG_2206.jpg

Ali, thanks so much for posting. I'm so glad you enjoyed your second stay at CSR and that you plan on going back. Your pictures are absolutely beautiful...thank you for posting them as well. :hug:

Ali, thanks so much for posting. I'm so glad you enjoyed your second stay at CSR and that you plan on going back. Your pictures are absolutely beautiful...thank you for posting them as well. :hug:

We loved it, and thank you!

Oh and remember a while back I asked you if they sell half & half in El Centro? Well, they don't, BUT you can get those little creamers for free from the refrigerator in Rix Cafe (right next to the coffee bar).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter