• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just back from our first stay at CSR. Couple questions:
1. Do all rooms have the motion sensor so that the air conditioning only works when people are moving around in the room? Every time we came back to our room, it was hot and the air only kicked in when we were there. We've never had this issue at other Disney resorts.

Yes, I think this happens at all the rooms
2. Do they only provide new shampoo/conditioner every other day instead of everyday? That was our experience despite tipping everyday.

Yes, but you can always request more. Tipping has nothing to do with receiving more toiletries.
We enjoyed our stay, but we did have a few issues. Our room wasn't ready until well after 4pm even though we did online check-in to say that we'd arrive by 12:30pm. I know there's no guarantee of an early check-in, but I never thought we'd have to wait past the standard check-in time. We requested a room on a higher floor, but got ground floor. The first room we received smelled like cigarette smoke, so we had to request another room. There was a huge event set up on the beach in front of our building with lots of seating set up, buffet tables and music which was loud and made walking difficult along the pathway. Still, the resort is beautiful and we enjoyed the pools, nightly bonfire & movies. We'd like to stay there again in the future.

Check in begins at 3:00, but that doesn't always mean your room will be available at that time. As far as requests go, they are just requests and not guaranteed. I totally agree with you regarding the room smelling like smoke, I would have needed to be moved immediately.

I have been conflicted in narrowing down where to stay. In the running are POR AB preferred, POR Royal and CSR. We are a family of 5 traveling with my parents. Kids will be 5, 7 and 9 (one will stay in my parents room). One thing we enjoy is a nightcap after a day in the parks. CSR cabanas was my 1st choice of where to stay until I read that the pool bar closes at 6pm. Really? Why so early? And, I have since had people say it is opened later. We are going September 12-22, in case that makes a difference.
So...I need help from the CSR frequent travelers! How late IS the pool bar open in Sept?? I am hoping at least 8 or 9pm.
Thanks!

It's gonna be a party! I'm there April 29 - May 8. Also staying CSR business class. I can't wait!!

We are from Pgh area too- how funny. We'll have to look for each other in the lounge. My DH will be the one wearing Penguin's gear (at least a hat :) )

I have been conflicted in narrowing down where to stay. In the running are POR AB preferred, POR Royal and CSR. We are a family of 5 traveling with my parents. Kids will be 5, 7 and 9 (one will stay in my parents room). One thing we enjoy is a nightcap after a day in the parks. CSR cabanas was my 1st choice of where to stay until I read that the pool bar closes at 6pm. Really? Why so early? And, I have since had people say it is opened later. We are going September 12-22, in case that makes a difference.
So...I need help from the CSR frequent travelers! How late IS the pool bar open in Sept?? I am hoping at least 8 or 9pm.
Thanks!

According to buzz's website, the Siestas Catina (pool bar) is open until 6pm each day. The Laguna Bar (lakeside bar) is open until 10pm unless it is raining. And Rix Lounge is open until midnight or 1am depending upon the day of the week.

Ima Disnewby said:
and my dh will be the one giving him a dirty look with his Leafs gear on :rotfl2:

And if I were there and he is wearing a Steelers Cal I'd be the one in a Browns cap giving him a dirty look. LOL

And if I were there and he is wearing a Steelers Cal I'd be the one in a Browns cap giving him a dirty look. LOL

hmmm...how do you feel about the Bills?? dh may have that hat on lol

i guess the "stink eye" will be code for "hey! i'm from dis!" or maybe just "your team/taste sucks!" :lmao:

hmmm...how do you feel about the Bills?? dh may have that hat on lol
i guess the "stink eye" will be code for "hey! i'm from dis!" or maybe just "your team/taste sucks!" :lmao:

I'm ok with the Bills. ;) It's just the Steelers and Ravens I don't care for. :lmao:

Yay!!! So excited! Just booked my vacation and paid most of it off. June 8th to June 16.
Can't wait 109 days

I guess I will have to be the one breaking you two up! Even though I'm from Pittsburgh I don't watch any of the sports so I'm neutral. :)

Hey, another Pittsburgher here - didn't realize there were so many of us on this thread :thumbsup2. I feel the same way - don't care too much about sports, although I do love to watch baseball in the spring :)

What part of town is everyone from? We're in the south hills...

Hey, another Pittsburgher here - didn't realize there were so many of us on this thread :thumbsup2. I feel the same way - don't care too much about sports, although I do love to watch baseball in the spring :)

What part of town is everyone from? We're in the south hills...

I'm also from the South Hills (Whitehall).

This may of been answered before but can you still cash travellers cheques for free at the concierge desk?We will be staying for 5 weeks over the xmas/new year period and wouldn't want to take too much cash to start with.( i don't use credit cards ) :santa:

I'm not from Pittsburgh, but my wife is from Vangergrift, and much of her family is still there as well as the Apollo & New Kensington area. And yes my wife and I are a house divided when the Steelers play the Browns. LOL

With all due respect to the Steelers and the Browns and whatever else, this is a CSR FAQ thread.. Let's try to keep the majority of the content in this thread about planning a stay at that resort and / or answering questions regarding same.

Thanks.

Thank you so much for the pictures! I just changed my March 23 ressie to business class! Can't wait!!

Pictures and comments about CSR Business Class:

I love CSR (even when I've been in Ranchos! :thumbsup2), but having Lounge access (and a room in 9B that was very convenient to everything) was well worth the extra money to me! :thumbsup2 My room (2 queens) was on the first floor, just around the corner from the lounge. The room was in very good shape and came complete with 2 bathrobes (something I wouldn't use, but thought was a nice touch!)

DSCN6460_zps146bd4f6.jpg

First, the Lounge CMs: Wonderful! :goodvibes

The atmosphere: very warm and inviting! :goodvibes

The Lounge is open from 7 to 10am mornings; then closed and locked up until it opens again from 5 to 10pm.

Breakfast (7-10am): Cold cereals, bagels, fresh fruits, and either muffins, cinnamon rolls, or danish (they alternate those). The coffee machine makes espresso and lattes; they have regular and decaf coffee, a nice selection of teas, milk and juice.

DSCN6561_zpsb6f1263b.jpg

DSCN6562_zps4b9c941d.jpg

DSCN6563_zpsa23224d3.jpg

DSCN6564_zpsbc7929e6.jpg

Evening Service (5-10pm): Soft drinks, bottled water, Perrier, beer, wine, sangria (both red & white!). Crackers, cheeses, veggies, hummus and several dips. Tortilla chips, potato chips and veggie chips. At 7pm they bring out chocolate covered pretzels and a spicy nut mix. (I didn't photograph the pretzels or nut mix. :confused3)

DSCN6731_zpsfe1ae58e.jpg

DSCN6824_zps34adc3a1.jpg

DSCN6734_zpsd22b5a72.jpg

DSCN6735_zps93fecab8.jpg

DSCN6825_zps638cea9f.jpg

DSCN6827_zpsb9361880.jpg

My next post will be photos of the Lounge. :thumbsup2

Does anyone know on the bill at the end of the stay does it show that they room type was business class? We are going for a work meeting in April and thanks to the discounts the regular room we are well below the allowable per dollar amount however they are a bit strict on things that say first or business class ;)

Thank you so much for the pictures! I just changed my March 23 ressie to business class! Can't wait!!

I hope you will report back here with your experience! Since Business Class is so new, it may be getting tweaked here and there. Will be nice to have updates from recent guests! ;) Have a great trip! :thumbsup2

Does anyone know on the bill at the end of the stay does it show that they room type was business class? We are going for a work meeting in April and thanks to the discounts the regular room we are well below the allowable per dollar amount however they are a bit strict on things that say first or business class ;)

I have my final bill in front of me. While the top of the bill states the resort and room number, the "description" for the daily room charge each day is: "Disney's Coronado Springs Resort Standard View - Business Class - DN" (so it will appear multiple times for a multi-night stay). :confused3

Does anyone know how many outlets there are at CSR? Don't really want to carry a power strip with me but have quite a few things that will need plugging in. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter