Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- November 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
We check in at CSR in one month!!!!! Can't wait! We also got our packet today in the mail!!! I need to start making a list of stuff I need to buy! So excited for our first stay at CSR!!!!!!

Hi everyone. We will be staying at CSR for a few days and are going to purchase the refillable mugs. My question is do they have Powerade as a option to choose other then soda? I know that they had it at the Poly when we were there in July. Thanks in advance for your help.:goodvibes

CafeRixsodas.jpg

Hi, these are the choices at Cafe Rix (in El Centro next to Panchito's Gift Shop, across the lobby from check in).
I can check the choices at the pool snack bar for you tomorrow. Have a wonderful trip! You will LOVE CSR
:cloud9:

CafeRixsodas.jpg

Hi, these are the choices at Cafe Rix (in El Centro next to Panchito's Gift Shop, across the lobby from check in).
I can check the choices at the pool snack bar for you tomorrow. Have a wonderful trip! You will LOVE CSR
:cloud9:

Thanks for the picture. I see that they have sweetened iced tea. Is there anything else included besides what is in the picture. I am interested in seeing it they have UNsweetened iced tea? Anyone?
Thanks

woohoo 21 days till we check in...question if I am placing an order from garden grocer for some items, how far in advance should I place the order?

Thanks for the picture. I see that they have sweetened iced tea. Is there anything else included besides what is in the picture. I am interested in seeing it they have UNsweetened iced tea? Anyone?
Thanks

if you look back in the posts... I seem to recall someone posting that Yes, there is unsweetened iced tea... I was excited about it, since I'm diabetic and live on the stuff....

if you look back in the posts... I seem to recall someone posting that Yes, there is unsweetened iced tea... I was excited about it, since I'm diabetic and live on the stuff....

I too thought that I remember someone saying there was but think they might of been confused because the nestea is in the picture. Sometimes there is another brand in a large container that is unsweetened. I hope they do!!

Sorry another question-
does the resort have ice machines? I thought I remembered ice machines at the pop when we were there last time but can not be 100% about that.Thinking about getting a cooler for some drinks and want to keep them cold.
Thanks

Sorry another question-
does the resort have ice machines? I thought I remembered ice machines at the pop when we were there last time but can not be 100% about that.Thinking about getting a cooler for some drinks and want to keep them cold.
Thanks

Yes, each building has an ice machine.

My DH and I are staying at CSR for our anniversary trip in October. When I called Disney today to make the final payment on our package (woo-hoo!), the CM told me how much and she and her DH love CSR and that they have spent 2 anniversary trips there. She also said that she would put a request on our reservation for building 9A or 9B because those were her favorites. I trusted her since she sounded like she knew what she was talking about. Do you think these are good buildings to request for 2 adults?

My DH and I are staying at CSR for our anniversary trip in October. When I called Disney today to make the final payment on our package (woo-hoo!), the CM told me how much and she and her DH love CSR and that they have spent 2 anniversary trips there. She also said that she would put a request on our reservation for building 9A or 9B because those were her favorites. I trusted her since she sounded like she knew what she was talking about. Do you think these are good buildings to request for 2 adults?

Yes, they are very good. 9A I believe is now used for convention guests but is available if there is no convention. We've also been in Cabanas 8B which is only a few steps from the Dig Site. Of course, I don't think there is a bad location at CSR!

We stayed in Cabanas 9A in June. We weren't part of a convention. We loved the location because it was a short walk to El Centro, the Dig Site pool, and Bus Stop 4. Plus, the beach area was lovely. We'd request the Cabanas again but would not be unhappy to try the other villages. Hope you enjoy your stay!

Hi all, we are a family of six travelling from Australia! We are only 45days away from our stay at coronado springs. We were booked into POP century, but after I thought about it and paying extra for the upgrade from free qsdp to ddp I thought we might as well move up to a moderate. I hope I have done the right thing saying that. As we need two rooms it is going to cost an extra $1800, yikes! But think having the extra space and bigger beds will be good. Any advice or imput would be greatly appreciated, living so far away it is hard to know if I have done the right thing or not.

Hi all, we are a family of six travelling from Australia! We are only 45days away from our stay at coronado springs. We were booked into POP century, but after I thought about it and paying extra for the upgrade from free qsdp to ddp I thought we might as well move up to a moderate. I hope I have done the right thing saying that. As we need two rooms it is going to cost an extra $1800, yikes! But think having the extra space and bigger beds will be good. Any advice or imput would be greatly appreciated, living so far away it is hard to know if I have done the right thing or not.

I have never stayed at POP, but have stayed at three different deluxe hotels before we stayed at Coronado Springs. We LOVED it! The grounds are beautiful, the rooms are fresh and clean, and the queen size beds are great. We loved the pools and the Pepper Market. I think you will be very happy with your decision! :thumbsup2 I will definitely stay at CSR again!

We switched from All Star Movies to Coronado Springs about 30 days our from our trip. We leave in a 10 days. I'm very excited. We also wanted to have the extra space and bigger beds. I also like the close-off area between the bathroom and the beds. I think this will make it easier to get ready in the morning without waking our son.

I'm about half way through this thread and intend to read the rest of it. So much fantastic information!

My husband and I will be celebrating our 1st Anniversary at CSR in October. He's a recent Disney convert (I worried myself sick the first time I took him in April 09 and I'm so happy he's addicted!) and he insisted on being in park for our anniversary. We spent our honeymoon in Disneyland last Oct.

We'll be arriving 10/7 so that we can take advantage of free dining...even though it meant tacking on 2 extra days. Oh darn. :laughing: My dad and stepmom are joining us (I know, people think we're crazy for including our inlaws on the anniversary trip but it'll be fine) and they've never been to WDW. I can't wait to show them everything we love!

My mom took me to WDW for my 30th birthday and booked CSR. I remember liking it but I was also quite sick for the first several days and was a bit hazy. So I'm looking forward to becoming reacquainted with this resort. I made the decision to stay here because I've stayed at POFQ and CBR and felt like CSR was a better decision for 4 (possibly 6 if a couple of our friends join us) adults. I also didn't really enjoy our stay at ASMu all that much when we went last April so a value was right out.

Anyway, I've got most of our ADR's figured out and bought our plane tickets the other day. Plans are starting to come together. And I'm getting excited. :)

One question I do have that I'm hoping some experts can answer for me is one about shipping alcohol. I'm thinking about ordering a couple bottles of wine from our favorite winery in Oregon and having it shipped to the resort. Does anyone know if there would be problems with this? It would just be nice to have wine that we really enjoy rather than buying something we're not excited about. (It's not really a cost saving measure once you factor in shipping)

Thanks everyone for such a fantastic resource!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter