Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- November 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to thank everyone for the helpfulness in this thread! My wife and I stayed in Ranchos 6A back in May and had an amazing time!

Mousekeeping was great, we would go for breakfast and by the time we got back (less than an hour) the room would be clean. They always changed out towels even though we hung them over the shower rod.

Bus service seemed fine. Overheard some people complaining about it, but we went to a university with two campuses that used a bus service and Disney packed was no where close to school packed.

Other nothing really to say. Didn't spend to much time at the resort to busy in the parks.
Hopefully heading back next May and thinking about CSR again.

We are there the 26th-2nd.
We actually arrive the 25th but stay on points at the DTD Hilton the night before our trips actually "starts." We always like to arrive the evening before so we don't waste time traveling on our 1st day. :goodvibes
It is hard to plan to meet due to the babies' naps, ADRs, etc, but I will try and remember to pick up the lime green mickey heads for our stroller and window. Say hello if you see us!

Awww...the days of naps. My teens make me want a nap since they are go, go, go!!:lmao: We will be sporting our lime green Mickey's! I actually met some Dis'ers on our last trip. It's always nice to meet people from the boards!

Awww...the days of naps. My teens make me want a nap since they are go, go, go!!:lmao:
My d hated to nap as a baby/toddler. Her favorite thing about kindergarten was that there were no more naps!

Now, in college, she said to me, "Mom, what was I THINKING?? I'd love to get nap now!" :rotfl:

Just upgraded my POP ressie to CSR Waterview (no Standards left with the pin code). YAY!! SO EXCITED!! WE HAVE NEVER BEEN TO CSR!!

We will be there Dec. 8th-11th, 2010. Short trip, but we had to take advantage of the 20/30/40 pin code and I have always wanted to go during the holidays.

Any tips/facts/even Hidden Mickeys! ???

We also are a young couple - any must see's around the resort? Romantic spots?

:banana:

Ihope you love it half as much as we do. We've never been at the holidays...one of these years we'll get there.

DH and I spent our 25th anniversary at CSR and enjoyed sitting in the courtyards by the Casitas and looking up at the stars, etc.

Be sure to hit up Rix Lounge one night if you can -- very nice.

Hidden Mickey's can be found in the rooms, at the pool and in the sidewalk. Now, you'll have to look for them.

I would like to thank everyone for the helpfulness in this thread! My wife and I stayed in Ranchos 6A back in May and had an amazing time!

Mousekeeping was great, we would go for breakfast and by the time we got back (less than an hour) the room would be clean. They always changed out towels even though we hung them over the shower rod.

Bus service seemed fine. Overheard some people complaining about it, but we went to a university with two campuses that used a bus service and Disney packed was no where close to school packed.

Other nothing really to say. Didn't spend to much time at the resort to busy in the parks.
Hopefully heading back next May and thinking about CSR again.

So glad you enjoyed your stay at the CSR. :thumbsup2

My d hated to nap as a baby/toddler. Her favorite thing about kindergarten was that there were no more naps!

Now, in college, she said to me, "Mom, what was I THINKING?? I'd love to get nap now!" :rotfl:

Tell your DD that at age 52 I ALWAYS take a nap in the afternoon at Disney--either by the pool or in my room. :)

We may be switching to CSR for our August trip so this thread has proven to be quite helpful. Thanks, Kathy!:goodvibes

You are very welcome Monorail Bob. Let us know what you decide.

Hello! I will admit that I have NOT read every page, yet!!
I am trying to put in my request for a building and need a little of you CSR expert help!! We will have 2 water view rooms (I would prefer a standard room, but that is all that is all they have available), hopefully connecting. I would like to be close to El Centro, but also not to far from the pool, a bus stop, and also parking. (Doesn't everyone?? LOL!!):rotfl:(We are still tossing around the idea of renting a car). From what I have read, it looks like most of the recommendations are 8a, 8b, 9a, and 6a.
My question is..... Why no recommendations for 9e or 9d from looking at the map they look like good spots for us.
I'll will appreciate any advice or helpful tips!!

Hello! I will admit that I have NOT read every page, yet!!
I am trying to put in my request for a building and need a little of you CSR expert help!! We will have 2 water view rooms (I would prefer a standard room, but that is all that is all they have available), hopefully connecting. I would like to be close to El Centro, but also not to far from the pool, a bus stop, and also parking. (Doesn't everyone?? LOL!!):rotfl:(We are still tossing around the idea of renting a car). From what I have read, it looks like most of the recommendations are 8a, 8b, 9a, and 6a.
My question is..... Why no recommendations for 9e or 9d from looking at the map they look like good spots for us.
I'll will appreciate any advice or helpful tips!!

You are looking at a very old map; ther eis no 9E or 9D. If you go to the first page of this thread, it will give you a "general" idea of what to request depending on what you want to be close to.

The buildings are numbered as follows: Ranchos 6A and 6B and 7A and 7B (they are closer to the pool, but the longest walk to the main building (food); Cabanas 8A and 8B and 9A and 9B; and then you have the Casitas 1, 2, 3 4 and 5.

Two questions:

1. Does every building have King Rooms?

2. Is Cafe Rix Located in El Centro?

ps. Looking forward to the poll for the September Dis Meet!

We just returned from coronado and as we remember its beautiful,it speaks for itself. corky went out of her way to get us a room as we checked in 2 days early and at 4 AM.thank you AGAIN. We noticed many "cutbacks"on a few things from years ago like smaller mugs,smaller portions at the pepper market even lower quality of food then years before. roomservice has no cheeseburger or hot dog.fries at the market are horrible
Petty things but they are missing.and small refill mugs.the pepper market is a key part at coronado and they need to bring back the magic it had.

but just look at this picture from our room. ...nothing more to say.

coronado.jpg

Does anyone know if you can get connecting rooms where both rooms have 2 queen beds? I know this request is not a guarantee, I just just curious if connecting rooms were always one room with king/one room with 2 queens. TIA!:goodvibes

Oh, and we officially switched resorts and are now staying at CSR! I have been looking at pictures all day and getting pretty excited for it. :woohoo:

Omg, CSR fans, wish me luck! When I booked free dining last week when it was extended, CSR was not available and I booked POR (which we love). Well tonight I got online and its showing availablity! I just need to set my alarm, call first thing and get it switched. I will not be sleeping much tonight!

I have had my heart set on CSR and had about given up, but there may be hope after all!

Two questions:

1. Does every building have King Rooms?

2. Is Cafe Rix Located in El Centro?

ps. Looking forward to the poll for the September Dis Meet!

Cafe Rix is in El Centro, across from Check In & next to Panchito's (the gift shop) & if you walk through Cafe Rix, at the other end you can exit by Rix lounge & across from that is the Pepper Market.
Have a wonderful trip!

Omg, CSR fans, wish me luck! When I booked free dining last week when it was extended, CSR was not available and I booked POR (which we love). Well tonight I got online and its showing availablity! I just need to set my alarm, call first thing and get it switched. I will not be sleeping much tonight!

I have had my heart set on CSR and had about given up, but there may be hope after all!

Same thing was happening to me yesterday...no availability for my dates...then today, they were available! :yay:

So, I called today and we have our reservation 'on hold' for a week. I can't wait...I'm calling back tomorrow to put the deposit down so that it will be official! :dance3:

Good luck...I'm sure you'll get it!

I will be back August 3rd for a birthday trip, first time ever at the World - and my beloved CSR - for my birthday! Yay!:cloud9:

Same thing was happening to me yesterday...no availability for my dates...then today, they were available! :yay:

So, I called today and we have our reservation 'on hold' for a week. I can't wait...I'm calling back tomorrow to put the deposit down so that it will be official! :dance3:

Good luck...I'm sure you'll get it!

Thanks so much, I will update first thing tomorrow! They showed waterview rooms only and I am fine with that. Again, I love POR but we are long overdue to return to CSR, I want to finally stay in one of those new rooms! I was so happy about free dining and POR and now here I sit chomping at the bit because I have to wait until 5:00 a.m. my time to call and hopefully get this changed! Oh the things we disboarders do to ourselves.;)

Thanks so much, I will update first thing tomorrow! They showed waterview rooms only and I am fine with that. Again, I love POR but we are long overdue to return to CSR, I want to finally stay in one of those new rooms! I was so happy about free dining and POR and now here I sit chomping at the bit because I have to wait until 5:00 a.m. my time to call and hopefully get this changed! Oh the things we disboarders do to ourselves.;)

Good luck Amy&Dan!!!:cheer2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter