Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- November 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a reason they don't want to stay in the other sections? I'm really confused with where we should request. One kid likes casitas, maybe 5,though I really don't want to be on a 3rd or 4th floor. One kid wants ranchos, which the only one I would be interested in is 7B, for proximity. And I want Cabana's, I think, like 8B or 8A.

Does this look like a reasonable request that could be met?
1) Casita 5, lower level
2) Cabana 8B or 8A
3) Ranchos 7B

Or is this too much information? I don't really feel great about that Ranchos request but one of my sons loves the look of that area. That building seemed pretty close to things like the main pool, bussing, quiet pool, and not crazy away from El Centro. (We don't mind some walking, in fact like it. - but the farthest out Ranchos is definetly NOT where I want to be).
Do people find faxing a request early helps? If so, how many days early do you fax it and to whom? I have listed requests on my ressie before and have had them ignored at CBR.
My girls just like the look of Castitas. They say Ranchos looks too hot.:confused3 We have stayed in Cabanas before in 9B and I loved it. I guess my girls just aren't into the Mexican theme. I personally love the resort! My top 3 are CSR, BWI, and AKL. I have stayed in 10 of the on-site resorts so far. If you are doing online check in, I would keep my requests simple. That is why I just said Casitas 5 or 4 on my ressie. I know that when we did online at BWI I did not get my request but had a great room and it was ready at 7:30 AM. I am trying to decide this time which is more important getting in Castitas or having my room ready earlier. I would take anywhere in Castitas to not have to listen to DD11 complain about our room assignment.;)

I am a newbie to the coronado resort. We are going in august and I requested casitas 4 or 5 because we wanted to be close to the first bus stop on and off. There is so much about requesting rooms, I hope I did the right thing.
Should I do online check in when the time comes and request this section again or wait to arrive? Fax a request? Thanks again!!

I never reported back how much we loved CSR last month while we were there. We were in Cabanas 9B. We just loved the grounds so much! The pool was awesome! We enjoyed the Pepper Market (have dined there several other times so we weren't too surprised about that). The beds are comfy and supportive.

If I had one complaint it would be that the pocket doors that are intended to give privacy in the room close together leaving a 1-2 inch gap. I could not get them to stay tightly together ensuring me the privacy I need in a family of males...But that's ok--I'd deal with it again to stay at CSR!

I could go on and on...loved the hammocks, loved walking around the lake, loved the gift shop, enjoyed the frozen drinks at the pool bar, loved the pool slide (yes, I used it often).

Our favorite resort has been WL. CSR is a very close second for us now. I actually enjoy the grounds and pool much more at CSR--probably the room itself, too. The only thing WL "has" over CSR would be the magnificent lobby and interior corridors. I think I would choose WL during cool weather and CSR during warm weather.

We had stayed one night at CSR years ago and didn't get to enjoy the pool or grounds as we moved to a new resort the next day. I must say, the refurbished rooms have improved things immensely!

You don't really need this review. I haven't said anything new--but it just FEELS so good to say it! It helps bring it all "back"!

Enjoy your upcoming stay and I hope to see you there soon!

That is a lot to squeeze into 3 requests - think I would drop the second part of the Cabana request. Would drop Rancho's because it is likely if the other requests are not available they will likely put you there anyway.

A CM on the DIS suggests going to regular check-in and do not do on line check-in since that is for quick document pick up. This will make is easier for the CM to help find a room in an area you would really like, if not already assigned. :thumbsup2 I'd bet the kids will love Cabana's once you are there..so why not simply request:
1. Cabana 8B
2. Cabana 8A
3. 1st or 2nd floor.

Good luck and have a great trip!! :goodvibes

That all makes good sense, thanks for your input. Cabana's is where I feel would be best anyway.

Here is another convention to put in your run down:
National PTA Convention - June 9th - 12th 2011

Hey Padstack,
I'm attending a convention in June also. What kind of rate are they giving you?

:cool1:
Does anyone have suggestion on convention reservations? (we don't have rate info yet) Do we make reservations early and then change when the convention rates are given to us?

My family is going in March, so I'm upgrading my ticket to an AP. So, I can potentially get an AP rate.
What generally are the better rates? Are there benefits with having the convention rate?

Thanks for any help.....:)

If I had one complaint it would be that the pocket doors that are intended to give privacy in the room close together leaving a 1-2 inch gap. I could not get them to stay tightly together ensuring me the privacy I need in a family of males...But that's ok--I'd deal with it again to stay at CSR!

I think that's a safety feature so kids don't get their fingers slammed between them.

Our favorite resort has been WL. CSR is a very close second for us now. I actually enjoy the grounds and pool much more at CSR--probably the room itself, too. The only thing WL "has" over CSR would be the magnificent lobby and interior corridors. I think I would choose WL during cool weather and CSR during warm weather.

It must have been those doors because we got ours to close all of the way.

I can't agree more with your comparison to WL. Except that I would stay at WL in the hotter months to stay in the air conditioning and stay at CSR in the cooler months to enjoy the wonderful grounds without sweating.

Compared to POR, CSR is much nicer. Those beds at CSR are wonderful. DD14 never knew what a lousy bed she had here at home until she slept on the one at CSR.:rotfl2: poor kid. :rolleyes1

Hey Belle5 sounds fab!! Will be there in 14 days - woohoo!! Should be landing in the US of A right about now!! CANNOT wait!! We LOVED POR so I'm glad to hear you say this was better. Last year we stayed at POP and it was great but not POR and I was starting to worry that maybe we should've stayed at POR this time but we like to try new stuff.

Soooo excited!!

mo x

I've read on here of other people having the same issue and assumed it was a safety feature. I have no idea now.

OK I will try to explain how my DD17 figured out how to do it.

First you close one door as far as it will go. Then bring the other door together while holding the first one in place. Once you get them to where it seems they won't go any farther, pull a little bit harder. Then once they meet, you can let go, and they'll stay in place.

She just told me that if she had known, she would have made a video to post. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

I hope this helps. We really liked this feature about CSR.

Hey Belle5 sounds fab!! Will be there in 14 days - woohoo!! Should be landing in the US of A right about now!! CANNOT wait!! We LOVED POR so I'm glad to hear you say this was better. Last year we stayed at POP and it was great but not POR and I was starting to worry that maybe we should've stayed at POR this time but we like to try new stuff.

Soooo excited!!

mo x

Yes, we have stayed at POR 3-4 different times and while I do love POR, CSR was a very nice change! Pepper Market is very different than the Cotton Mill, though. If you are one of those people that adores the food court at POR, you may need to adjust to the Pepper Market. I really like it, but it's nothing like the Cotton Mill--you just need to adjust your expectations on that front. Otherwise, I just think you are going to love the pool and slide! I think walking around the lake at night is so beautiful! I forgot to mention that my parents dined one evening at Maya grill and had a very good experience!

I never reported back how much we loved CSR last month while we were there. We were in Cabanas 9B. We just loved the grounds so much! The pool was awesome! We enjoyed the Pepper Market (have dined there several other times so we weren't too surprised about that). The beds are comfy and supportive.

I could go on and on...loved the hammocks, loved walking around the lake, loved the gift shop, enjoyed the frozen drinks at the pool bar, loved the pool slide (yes, I used it often).

We had stayed one night at CSR years ago and didn't get to enjoy the pool or grounds as we moved to a new resort the next day. I must say, the refurbished rooms have improved things immensely!

You don't really need this review. I haven't said anything new--but it just FEELS so good to say it! It helps bring it all "back"!

Thank you for your great review of CSR. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay and ethat everything went well for you and that you were able to enjoy the pool this time.

Here is another convention to put in your run down:
National PTA Convention - June 9th - 12th 2011

Thank you; I will add it.

Hey Padstack,
I'm attending a convention in June also. What kind of rate are they giving you?

:cool1:
Does anyone have suggestion on convention reservations? (we don't have rate info yet) Do we make reservations early and then change when the convention rates are given to us?

My family is going in March, so I'm upgrading my ticket to an AP. So, I can potentially get an AP rate.
What generally are the better rates? Are there benefits with having the convention rate?

Thanks for any help.....:)

We've never gone for a convention, but I hope someone can help. I know that when my son has gone for baseball tournaments, they got pretty good rates, but it also came with tickets for the parks.

We used a roll away bed during our last visit at CSR. Our ten year old daughter slept on it. I don't think I took a picture of it, but I'll double check. I think it would be comfortable for a small to medium adult. As far as where to put it, Mousekeeping suggested that we slide the desk all the way over to the dresser and then place the roll away bed under the window. That is what we did, and it worked out great. :) We always folded it up and pushed it to the corner when everyone was up for the day. I sat on it a couple of times, and it seemed pretty comfortable.

Hi there,
One of my kids wants to sleep on the roll away bed, can someone let me know how much it costs and where we order it from please.

We are on our way back on the 15th of August. :cool1:

I have to share my awesome news with someone. We have been trying to get into a moderate for free dining for almost 3 weeks now. Well yesterday I couldn't believe my eyes CSR came up with free dining. The only problem was it was a water view making the upgrade 1000.00 more than our current reservation at pop. I couldn't justify that amount. Plus we really wanted the qsdp this time around.

So I check last night to see if the room only discount had anything and it didn't. I check this morning and there it is. It is a waterview but heck we are staying at CSR with the QSDP. We only opted for the 1 day base ticket since we already have tickets. I think I will need to upgrade one of the tickets when we get there. But I'm so doing the happy dance. :banana::banana::banana:

So for 475.00 I'm a happy girl. We loved are last stay at CSR but it has always been hard to get for our dates. I'm not sure if it is because we go for more than the 7 days or what.

I'm just wondering how the QSDP works at the pepper market? I am aware of the 10% tip. Do I just pay that when I leave with my ticket?

Another question are the re-fill mugs the same ones as all the other resorts or do they still have there own mug?

Hi there,
One of my kids wants to sleep on the roll away bed, can someone let me know how much it costs and where we order it from please.

We are on our way back on the 15th of August. :cool1:

We requested the roll away bed when we made our reservation, and again when we checked in. The CM that checked us in said that if there wasn't one in our room when we got there, then we should call Mousekeeping. There was not one in our room, and we called Mousekeeping and they brought one over quickly. It was $15 per night, and worked perfectly four our ten year old daughter. Wish I was going back in August! ;)

We're going back....:woohoo:

We were there for the first time in a Mod property (we are Deluxe people) last August and loved it. We have decided to go again this year for free dining.....and back to CSR :cool1:

Looking forward to it and catching up on this thread.

I have to share my awesome news with someone. We have been trying to get into a moderate for free dining for almost 3 weeks now.

So I check last night to see if the room only discount had anything and it didn't. I check this morning and there it is. It is a waterview but heck we are staying at CSR with the QSDP. We only opted for the 1 day base ticket since we already have tickets. I think I will need to upgrade one of the tickets when we get there. But I'm so doing the happy dance. :banana::banana::banana:

I'm glad to hear you were able to get your choice of CSR in the end!

Double-check your dining plan however. CSR should be the DDP (as a moderate) and the values the QSDP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter