Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- November 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello fellow Disney fanatics:goodvibes! I've been lurking on this particular thread for a while now, trying to keep up with the wealth of information everyone has provided. We are heading out to CSR in a few days and I've got a few last minute questions that I am sure someone has already answered but either I've overlooked or forgotten:sad2:
-Are there many covered walk ways (e.g. between buildings)? It looks like we will have a bit of rain this week, so I am a bit curious.
- Does the pool/hot tub area provide towels or have a towel stand afterhours (or at all)?
- Is it difficult to get into the Maya Grill for dinner? What are the typical wait times?
-Is there any advice you can give me for very late check in? (about midnight)

Thanks in advance for you replies. We, obsessive planners, really value, appreciate, and enjoy all the posts and information!!!:lovestruc

Hello fellow Disney fanatics:goodvibes! I've been lurking on this particular thread for a while now, trying to keep up with the wealth of information everyone has provided. We are heading out to CSR in a few days and I've got a few last minute questions that I am sure someone has already answered but either I've overlooked or forgotten:sad2:
-Are there many covered walk ways (e.g. between buildings)? It looks like we will have a bit of rain this week, so I am a bit curious.
- Does the pool/hot tub area provide towels or have a towel stand afterhours (or at all)?
- Is it difficult to get into the Maya Grill for dinner? What are the typical wait times?
-Is there any advice you can give me for very late check in? (about midnight)

Thanks in advance for you replies. We, obsessive planners, really value, appreciate, and enjoy all the posts and information!!!:lovestruc

Welcome; and thank you for joining us. Let's see how many of these I can answer.

There are no "actual" covered walkways throught the resort. You can get from building to building in the Casitas 1-3 under cover (I'd get those dollar store ponchos--we get several a year and then we can throw them out when done with them)

The main pool has towels and I would assume they lock the "case" when the pool closes (which I believe is midnight).

In our eight stays at the CSR, we've never had dinner at Maya Grill (and we're going to miss it again this trip because it is a "mini" trip). However, unless there is a large convention, I have never seen a long line to get into the Maya Grill.

We checked in at midnight last year (September) and there was NO ONE in the lines. It was a breeze. We were done getting our packet within two minutes (we were slightly detained because the assistant manager on duty came to see and talk to us for several minutes).

I hope you have a magical trip and a wonderful stay at the CSR.

I (well, it was a "we" at the time) actually ate at Maya Grill twice last Sept. (Arrival day and then later in the week). Our first day we had an ADR for and pretty much got right in (less than 5min wait, if that). Later on that week (after we had skipped a Boma dinner :( ), I walked up around 6-6:30 to see if there was room, I was told 15 minutes and we were in within 10 (and this was during Free Dining last year). Place seemed relatively empty (not completely, but nowhere near full) both times we went.

Food and service were great as well.

I (well, it was a "we" at the time) actually ate at Maya Grill twice last Sept. (Arrival day and then later in the week). Our first day we had an ADR for and pretty much got right in (less than 5min wait, if that). Later on that week (after we had skipped a Boma dinner :( ), I walked up around 6-6:30 to see if there was room, I was told 15 minutes and we were in within 10 (and this was during Free Dining last year). Place seemed relatively empty (not completely, but nowhere near full) both times we went.

Food and service were great as well.

I too have skipped Boma and did a walk up at Maya Grill. When I was there last Sept/Oct I was just too tired one night to go to my Boma dinner. I walked up to Maya Grill about 6:00pm and was seated immediately. Then in Dec we decided to skip our ADR at the Turf Club and again did a walk up at Maya Grill. Again we were seated immediately. This was about 7:00pm. Both times there were quite a few empty tables available.

Thanks so very much for the quick replies. We are SO EXCITED and ready for a vacation. From all I read, it looks as though this will be a good resort to kick back and relax at. I'm ecstatic to be giving it a try!:woohoo:
I'm keeping my fingers crossed:wizard: for low crowds this week. Anyone been at this time of the year?

Thanks!! :goodvibes This was perfect.

Online check-in simply allows you to notify the resort a little bit earlier as well as give them an ETA on when you'll be there so they can have your package ready. It also gives you a choice of a shorter line.

Requests are unaffected if you have already added them to the ressie (other than the few checkbox types you can add on the online check-in form).

Also, I'm relatively sure that if there's a long line for online check-in, and a very little one for standard, you are "allowed" to go into the standard line as well. All their systems are linked (when I checked in last year, a "standard" guy did the work even though I had done online. Of course, I was the only person at the counter at the time :p). They may have to run down to the online check in window to grab your package, but it can be done.

There's really no downside to it (that I can see), you're free to change rooms if you don't like the original assignment (assuming there's availability), the possibilities for random upgrades still exist (although few and far between in either method), your requests are still honored and attempted (although there are no guarantees, with either method), you can still opt out into/out of charging privileges, and you shouldn't have any problems waiting in the standard line if there's open windows. Of course, the only downside to not doing it is not having your package prepared ahead of time (and they still might) and not having the option of the online check-in line (though, if it's empty and standard is mobbed, they'll typically pull people from standard over to there too).

Well, that was a wall of text, maybe someone more succinct than I will post too and then you can read that instead of my book :p.

We check in tomorrow :cool1: I was wondering if we decide to use our refillable mugs are they allowed on the buses. Looks like it will be super hot this coming week. But I guess then I'm lugging mugs around in my backpack all day. Thanks.

We check in tomorrow :cool1: I was wondering if we decide to use our refillable mugs are they allowed on the buses. Looks like it will be super hot this coming week. But I guess then I'm lugging mugs around in my backpack all day. Thanks.

I've never had a problem taking my mug on the bus...actually lots of people do it with they morning coffee/soda/juice. Last trip in the parks I would use my mug to hold those frozen slushie drinks in....keeps 'em cold long.

I've never had a problem taking my mug on the bus...actually lots of people do it with they morning coffee/soda/juice. Last trip in the parks I would use my mug to hold those frozen slushie drinks in....keeps 'em cold long.

Thanks!

I got the shipping information off the first page about shipping items to the resort. Has anyone done this and were there any issues? Do I just ask for my package when I check in? Also, how early should I send it down there?

vacation is around the corner! Woo hoo!:cool1:

So, I understand that the Maya Grill used to be a breakfast buffet, but now is an a la carte place. Can anyone confirm for me?

:surfweb:57 days to go:banana::banana:

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: Lucky you. We still have 123 days to go.

I got the shipping information off the first page about shipping items to the resort. Has anyone done this and were there any issues? Do I just ask for my package when I check in? Also, how early should I send it down there?

vacation is around the corner! Woo hoo!:cool1:

We've never sent a package down. Hopefully someone who knows the answer to this can help you.

So, I understand that the Maya Grill used to be a breakfast buffet, but now is an a la carte place. Can anyone confirm for me?

Yes, the menu changed back in February. Here are the offerings:

STARTERS
Fresh Berries and Granola Parfait $5.99
Half Grapefruit $3.99
Oatmeal $5.99
Served with brown sugar, steamed milk and cranraisins

ENTREES
Continental Breakfast $7.99
Selection of pastries and fruit with coffee and juice

Fruit Plate $8.99
Seasonal fruit and berries served with a yogurt sauce

Smoked Norwegian Salmon and Bagel $9.99
Served with red onion, cream cheese and tomatoes

Traditional Breakfast $11.99
2 eggs, choice of meat, breakfast potatoes, choice of toast, biscuit or muffin

Omelets $11.99
Ham & Cheese
or
Mushroom & Mozzarella /Asiago blend
or
Vegetable Medley

Steak and Huevos Rancheros $14.99
2 eggs cooked to order and char grilled sirloin on corn tortillas, served with ranchera sauce and jack blend cheese

Eggs Benedict $10.99
Served with premium Canadian bacon, poached eggs and Hollandaise sauce

Breakfast Skillet $9.99
Breakfast potatoes topped with eggs, sausage, bacon and cheese sauce, served with a biscuit

Pancake Trio $9.99
Served breakfast syrup, seasonal fruit cup, and choice of meats

SIDES
Ham, Bacon or Sausage $3.59
Bagel and Cream Cheese $2.99
Toast, English Muffin or Biscuit $2.99

BEVERAGES
Assorted Juices $2.29
(Orange, Grapefruit, Pineapple, Cranberry, Apple, Tomato, V-
Milk - Whole, Chocolate, Low fat, Skim, Soy $2.69
Coffee, Tea, Hot Chocolate $2.29
Cappuccino, Latte $3.69
Espresso $3.19

QUOTE]

We've sent packages ahead several times. No issues. You need to send it in time to get there before you do. :) If you send it by UPS or FEDEX, the business center will get it, and you will have to pay a fee. If you send by USPS, the front desk will have it, and no charge.

Quick question, and I apologize if it has been covered in this thread--I didn't find it in the first pages. DH and I often stay on property when we come to the world, but my mom does not like Disney resorts (we had a really bad experience at the Dolphin last time). We're going to be at CS for a convention in early July and while I would like to stay at CS, she wants to stay off-property and drive there everyday (she's paying so my vote doesn't really count LOL). My question is this: How much per day will we be charged to park at CS for the convention? I haven't been able to find this info anywhere. Thank you in advance!

Quick question, and I apologize if it has been covered in this thread--I didn't find it in the first pages. DH and I often stay on property when we come to the world, but my mom does not like Disney resorts (we had a really bad experience at the Dolphin last time). We're going to be at CS for a convention in early July and while I would like to stay at CS, she wants to stay off-property and drive there everyday (she's paying so my vote doesn't really count LOL). My question is this: How much per day will we be charged to park at CS for the convention? I haven't been able to find this info anywhere. Thank you in advance!

They do not charge for guests to park. I really do not have a clue if they charge convention guests to park. I do know that you will have to go through the security booth each time to get to the parking as you won't have a "card key" for the booth to get through.

Technically...the Dolphin is NOT a Disney Resort...so you could still try to sway mom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter