• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Coronado Pepper Market was HORRIBLE!!!

Wow - sorry for those who have had bad experiences. I can take bad service with the best of 'em, but bad or "dangerous" food - yikes!

Looks like a balance between good and bad reviews, so here's hoping we experience the good! We are staying at CSR in May with 5-yr old Daughter for our first trip to WDW - so excited! We planned on the PM for many CS credits -plus made some ressies for the Maya Grill B and D.

A different post stated that the premium desserts are included in the "combo" type CS credit at PM?? Anything sweet would be fine, but some of the pics of there non-cookie/brownie desserts looked INCREDIBLE! Whichever is cool, just curious.
I think you'll have a great trip!!

Best Food Court – Voted by DIS’ers

Pepper Market. Huge portions, great choices and tasty food. Lunch/Dinner Menu

Looks like a balance between good and bad reviews, so here's hoping we experience the good! We are staying at CSR in May with 5-yr old Daughter for our first trip to WDW - so excited! We planned on the PM for many CS credits -plus made some ressies for the Maya Grill B and D.

A different post stated that the premium desserts are included in the "combo" type CS credit at PM?? Anything sweet would be fine, but some of the pics of there non-cookie/brownie desserts looked INCREDIBLE! Whichever is cool, just curious.
Negative thread always get more responses. Take all with a grain of salt. The PM is very popular as you can see by the poll above. The desserts are incredible. Have an awesome trip!!

We al liked it too. I really liked the margarita's YUM!! We liked it so muc we are staying at CS again this year!

We've stayed at CSR twice in the last three years and enjoyed the PM both times, for breakfast and dinner. My only complaint is once you get your initial drink, the servers seem to disappear. I noticed as many guests filling their drinks as well as servers:confused3 We thought the food was good and a bargain, if not on the dining plan(for dinner).

I've always enjoyed our meals at the Pepper Market. Higher quality of food over traditional food courts.

We stayed at Coronado over Thanksgiving and we loved it! DD is very selective on her food choices, but the pizza and pasta alfredo (her absolute favorite pasta dish) made our stay much easier. She refuses to eat meat, so she would skip counter services at the park and have her pasta when we got back.

In fact, she insists we return to CSR so she can be sure of getting what she wants to eat.

DS wants to return because he thought the beds were comfortable, but that is a whole 'nother thread.

It's interesting to hear a different perspective on this FC. All I have seen is raves, and even encouragement to have a CS there, when you arent even staying at that resort, which really didnt make sense to me, in theory. All that trouble to have a CS meal?:headache: :confused3

I think they said that because the food offered is a higher caliber than most CS meals (we had ribeye and chicken-it was a lot of food!) Plus some people like to eat at all different types of restaurants.

We did not like the PM either. We hated paying 10% for being seated and having our drinks brought to the table. The food looked fabulous, but in fact, was not good. I remember my son got the pizza and it looked really good, but he said it was horrible. The chocolate cake set my mouth to watering and it was so bland. I am still trying to figure out how they took the taste out of the chocolate cake.

My husband hated the PM so much that he will not stay at CS anymore. We did enjoy the food at the Maya Grill.

We ate at the PM twice two years ago when they still had the meal vouchers and it was an awesome deal :) ! The first night we all went in and sat down (me, dh, 4 yr old, 2.5 yr old and twin 9 month olds). It wasn't easy getting our food because we had to take turns leaving the table and kids, but we thought the food was very good. We returned again and I ran in alone and got two takeout dinners which were also tasty (prime rib and pasta). We weren't even staying onsite that trip so we had to go out of our way to try the restaurant out. We would go back! It is tricky with kids, though! If you can use that restaurant for the dining plan counter service meal that is a really good deal.

I ate there for breakfast and found it confusing as well. Going to the diffrent "stations" was aggravating as part of my meal went cold as they were cooking the rest. I will stick to room service for breakfast when staying there.

Can you use cs credits if you are on the ddp from mroom service?

TIA

dolphinmom

I have been to the Pepper Market many times and have always been completely satisfied! In fact, I totally can't wait to go back! I agree on the confusion which can be out of control if you don't have a good server to explain it to you. I will add that I have never been with children and I nearly always eat at "off times".

Sorry you had a bad experience :(

If my child's hot dog was that gross I would return it for something else.
It probably was sitting around too long on the grill.

Tell me again why you pay 10% service charge???

Servers don't bring you food correct??

for my money I would do sit down service where all your food comes out at once and your not waiting in line for it to be cooked.

Suffice to say I hate these types of places. I hated it in POR as well. You get your eggs, than have to go somewhere else to toast bread, then you have to wait for an extra item

By the time you get to your table everything is cold...

For what!!! Prices are not that cheap.

I just plain ole liked to be served

We made a special trip from AKL to visit the PM (in meal voucher days) and loved it. Of course, my teen daughter had already scoped out the place, so there was no confusion on my part! Leave it up to the kids to figure out food! We were happy with our selections and liked the atmosphere a lot. I look forward to experiencing it again tomorrow (Jet Blue willing!). I am definitely going to give those hot dogs a long look, though. How can anybody ruin a hot dog?????? Maybe I can figure it out....and I will report back!:goodvibes

We ate at the PepperMarket at CS tonite and I will NEVER eat there again. The whole set up is extrememly confusing, it is like most of the other resort food courts except that you have to be sat at a table and a "server" gets your drink order. Then you go get your food and you have a ticket that they stamp showing what you got. THe "server" we had tonite was rude and unfriendly, she smakced our drinks down on the table so hard that the soda was spilling out of them. After she set the drinks down and basically threw the tickets at us she walked away. We were left to figure out what to do. The lines were terrible long and by the time I got my food everyone else in my party was finished eating. My food was terrible, I had steak fajitas and the meat was so tough and chewy. I would never eat there again and I definately suggest that no one dine there if they can avoid it!

This was the same experience my family had two years ago and I am always surprised by the glowing praise others have given it. We even gave the Pepper Market a second chance later in the week and it still disappointed. The only place on property where I sent the food back!

There was always a line to get in and sometimes that line was 30+ people long. Then it seemed crowded inside and of course you waited in another line to get your food. Then another line to pay on the way out.

We stayed at akl and asmo. In both of the resorts I had more than one ocasion that I had to stand in a long long line to order my food then stand in a line to get my food as it was so crowded they couldnt keep up with the orders and although there were 6 of us in line waiting for hot dogs they were only cooking 1 or 2 at a time. Then I had to stand in a very very long line to pay for my food ...every time I paid at the food courts there was a long line to stand in meaning that any food not piping hot was cold. I had to stand in line at one station with my child and wait for the food to be done then go order something else from another station. then wait in line to pay almost guarenteeing atleast 1 person had cold food by the time we sat down. Not complaining so much here as saying i'm not sure I see crowds and lots of line waiting as a difference between the Pepper Market and other food courts. We have only eaten at Pepper market one time and i have to admit it wasnt busy. Our server wasnt the greatest as she didnt tell us everything and kind of disappeared I got up to get something I dont know ketchup or something and she was a bit rude about letting me know she was supposed to do that not me. I liked the fact that much of the food was cooked to order rather than only being cooked to order if they ran out (like the hot dogs at asmo), I could order at one station then the next then the next, then go back to the first and start picking it all up instead of having to continue to stand at one. Mine did take the longest to prepare and i was doing all the ordering/delivering so everyone got everything warm. But my husband basically ate then watched the rest of us eat. This happened almost every meal at the other food courts as he got his food and I was left to get me and the kids through.

Although the few times we've eaten here we've actually enjoyed the food the service and set-up is so bad that we probably won't go back.

We ate here a few years back and it was very quiet at the time so we probably didn't realize how bad the set up was...

DD & I went here last year and it was just ridiculous that I ended up having to complain to the mgr. And, I want to add that our visit was at around 3 pm and it wasn't busy...at all!! (if it was we probably would have walked out)..

The main problem was getting dd semi fresh chicken fingers. We got dd's chicken fingers and then I had waited more than 20 minutes for my meal (yes, I didn't realize you had to stand in 2 different lines, 1 that takes the order and then the other that makes your order-I didn't know you had to give them the ticket to have your order made-as I watched people who were behind me get their orders I then realized and I was getting somewhat irritated).

So, after I got my food I went back and asked for fresh chicken fingers since the ones I had were sitting for 25 min. already waiting on my meal. The guy, obviously not so swift, takes my old ones, puts them in a pan, swirls them around and puts them back on the plate and hands it to me!!:lmao: :eek: I was totally shocked...like "hello", what was that??? LOL!! I have to laugh about it now but that was just the straw that broke the camel's back. I said to him, "you're kidding me, right"? I wanted NEW ones, not reheated dry things!

I had enough and then went to the mgr. and voiced my displeasure. He did take care of it and had new ones made, but can I say it took us 45 minutes to get both of our meals. Shouldn't be so tough! Although the food ended up being good, we could have gone to a sit down at this point as it was over an hour and it still cost close to $30 for 2 meals (I got a salad and we got drinks-ok, I did get a margarita, but after all that I had to "chill"...:rotfl: ), but never again...not unless they change that ridiculous set-up as far as ordering and getting your food (and I'd definitely wait to get the kid's stuff last).

Just returned from the World and ate at the Pepper Market twice--once for lunch, another for dinner. We tend to eat on the early side (but not outrageously early) and although the parks were horrendously crowded for President's week, we never had a line either to enter the Market or at the various stations. Our lunch was the daily special--a pork burrito with rice and black beans. The beans were superior, I might add, as was the burrito. My husband had the wet burrito. The sauce on top was bland, but he pepped it up with the various salsas. The dinner we had was pizza--I had the everything and DH had the sausage/pepperoni. Both were really good for WDW pizza (not Little Italy, but, hey, it's Florida!). We love the Pepper Market. I think the problem is when one person attempts to obtain food for many (as when there are kiddies to provide for) and so has to deal with a bunch of lines. For two adults the system works fine. We saw families with older kids who could navigate the lines and the system seemed to work fine for them, too. I agree with an earlier poster who pointed out that the Mara lines at AKL could be crazy...I could not agree more. Compared to that, the Pepper Market was a breeze!

We have had 4 really good experiences at PM and one not so great in terms of lines- the not so great one happened when they had dismissed a large group from a convention for lunch and everyone was trying to get their meals and get out of there in a short time frame. That particular day there were 3 different conventions (based on tags I saw) all trying to do this. I think I would avoid the 11:30-1:30 time frame if I was doing lunch there. The last time we got there just about the time to change from lunch to dinner and when I asked what the chef's special at the grill station was was told prime rib - I said good that's what I would like. The gentleman behind the counter said he had to go get it out of the oven and that it might be a few minutes if it wasn't done yet. I said I'd wait and got a really nice meal for 1 CS credit. The gentleman was very pleasant and did not act at all put out either. It was not that busy in there at that time and I think it made all the difference.

You may pickup your drinks yourself, if you know where to look. The placemats should be a map to help navigate the confusing layout. We are usually there off-peak, and have not experienced long lines. The food quality is average. If we were not staying at CSR, we would not go out of our way to dine here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter