Coronado Pepper Market was HORRIBLE!!!

phlufster

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad. You must
We ate at the PepperMarket at CS tonite and I will NEVER eat there again. The whole set up is extrememly confusing, it is like most of the other resort food courts except that you have to be sat at a table and a "server" gets your drink order. Then you go get your food and you have a ticket that they stamp showing what you got. THe "server" we had tonite was rude and unfriendly, she smakced our drinks down on the table so hard that the soda was spilling out of them. After she set the drinks down and basically threw the tickets at us she walked away. We were left to figure out what to do. The lines were terrible long and by the time I got my food everyone else in my party was finished eating. My food was terrible, I had steak fajitas and the meat was so tough and chewy. I would never eat there again and I definately suggest that no one dine there if they can avoid it!

I ate there for breakfast and found it confusing as well. Going to the diffrent "stations" was aggravating as part of my meal went cold as they were cooking the rest. I will stick to room service for breakfast when staying there.

It's interesting to hear a different perspective on this FC. All I have seen is raves, and even encouragement to have a CS there, when you arent even staying at that resort, which really didnt make sense to me, in theory. All that trouble to have a CS meal?:headache: :confused3

I wasn't all that crazy about it either. I did like not having to pay until the end, but I thought the layout was very confusing.

Melissa

DD and I had read good reviews and were so dissappointed when we stayed there last Nov. It was awful. I dont like being enclosed either and you are inside a cage so that no one can escape without paying. I would rather it be like all the other food courts.

Thanks for sharing your review, sorry you didn't have a good experience. :guilty:

I don't like PM for different reasons...

Let's just say that we had to cut our trip short by one day. PM made us all so sick, we would've ended up staying in the room for the las two days or our trip. Needless to say, the bathroom was occupied alllllll night long, it never got a break. We know it was PM, because we really enjoyed the food and that was all we ate for the previous 2 days. Bad idea. I was hooked on the taco salad and DH on his adults pizza. Come to find out, we should've eaten from the kids menu. DD was the only one who was good the whole time. She had the childrens pizza. DH said that pizza looked better than the adult one anyway.

We were out for the count. I'm pretty sure we got food poisioning, but you never know. DH and I had the bathroom in shifts every 15 minutes. It wouldn't let up. That was the worst I have ever felt :sick: . I was carrying around a bag with me at the airport "just in case"......

We loved the hotel, but would probably only purchase drinks from PM and nothing else.

Wow. We love it. We think it's hands down the best food court at any Disney resort. I really don't get what it is that people find confusing. :confused3 I am sorry you didn't enjoy your visit, though.

Wow, sorry to hear you all had such bad experiences. We just had out first stay at CS last month and loved the PM. The first time we went it was a bit confusing, but both the hostess, our "server" and the "cooks" were all more then helpful with our questions.

We thought it was the best value for a CS (with the dining plan), but we also tended to go during non peak dining hours so we never waited more then 1 person to get our food.

It sucks to hear people having such horrible experiences when you know how good it can be. :sad2:

DD and I had read good reviews and were so dissappointed when we stayed there last Nov. It was awful. I dont like being enclosed either and you are inside a cage so that no one can escape without paying. I would rather it be like all the other food courts.

Wouldn't that describe most restaurants? I mean you're inside and you have to pay.

I don't like PM for different reasons...

Let's just say that we had to cut our trip short by one day. PM made us all so sick, we would've ended up staying in the room for the las two days or our trip. Needless to say, the bathroom was occupied alllllll night long, it never got a break. We know it was PM, because we really enjoyed the food and that was all we ate for the previous 2 days. Bad idea. I was hooked on the taco salad and DH on his adults pizza. Come to find out, we should've eaten from the kids menu. DD was the only one who was good the whole time. She had the childrens pizza. DH said that pizza looked better than the adult one anyway.
We were out for the count. I'm pretty sure we got food poisioning, but you never know. DH and I had the bathroom in shifts every 15 minutes. It wouldn't let up. That was the worst I have ever felt :sick: . I was carrying around a bag with me at the airport "just in case"......
We loved the hotel, but would probably only purchase drinks from PM and nothing else.

This happened to me after eating at Park Fare. From what I understand there's been a really bad bug going around WDW for quite awhile. It may have been that.

I agree. I'd much rather have a normal food court. I ate there twice on my December trip and wasn't impressed at all. There was always a line to get in and sometimes that line was 30+ people long. Then it seemed crowded inside and of course you waited in another line to get your food. Then another line to pay on the way out. You waited for your drinks instead of just grabbing them yourselves. The prices also seemed to be higher then the food courts at the other resorts. For all of this "special" service that add 10% to your bill. :confused3

I love CSR but I wasn't impressed with the Pepper Market. Maybe if I was on the DDP and was just looking at the cash charged for a CS meal I would be happier but paying OOP for the experience was not worth it. I guess it just means I'll be getting to the bus earlier and grabbing a meal at the parks instead of eating there.

We ate PM on 12/28 and really enjoyed it. It was busy, but we were seated immediately, got our drinks quickly from great CM. I had special soft tacos, DH had asian special that was served on 2 platters and could easily have served 2, mys sisters had fajitas, and chicken quesidillas. Everything was cooked on the spot and hot! We enjoyed it! For dessert we had choice of muffins, danish, biscuits and we were so full we took them home for breakfast the next day. Everyone was very helpful with the dining plan. Even though it was busy, we all got our food quickly. This was the second time we have eaten there and liked it alot.
Connears

I love the PM. I've only had good experiences. It's not confusing at all. Pick you item and get a stamp. The food is always tastey.

Wow, sorry to hear you all had such bad experiences. We just had out first stay at CS last month and loved the PM. The first time we went it was a bit confusing, but both the hostess, our "server" and the "cooks" were all more then helpful with our questions.

We thought it was the best value for a CS (with the dining plan), but we also tended to go during non peak dining hours so we never waited more then 1 person to get our food.

It sucks to hear people having such horrible experiences when you know how good it can be. :sad2:

Ditto for us. The food portions were ENORMOUS and all the servers were more than helpful. We all thought the different stations were really cool and the food was much better than the other food courts we have been too.

That said -- sorry to those who didn't like it.

I've had both good and poor experiences with Pepper Market. I found it a bit confusing the first time I was there, but I let the hostess know this was my first time staying at CS and the first time I was visiting Pepper Market. She expalined the ticket process, and that the hostess would get our drinks and answer any questions we might have. It was a great experience and the food was very good. The second time I went the service was good and the servers nice, but the food was not great--mushy noodles, etc. I figured it was because it was an off time and chalked it up to that. We tried it again on another trip and it was wonderful. Last summer we took the kids to use the pool--we have DVC and when DH and I stayed there it was an anniversary trip so the kids didn't see the pool and I was sure they'd like it so we pool hopped there last summer. We stopped by Pepper Market for dinner after the swim and the food was good for some of us and not so good for some of us. DH got Chinese--not so good, DD pizza--good, DS burger--good, me Burrito--not so good. I would try it again if it fit into my plans, but not if I had to go out of my way to get there.

We went to Pepper Mill on our last trip. I found it confusing as well. Having been there once and knowing my way around the next trip would be better but here are my thoughts, for what they are worth.

I am not in the best of shape and having to stand for an extended time and wait for my husband's steak dinner get cooked (while he was sitting at the table sipping his drink) and then to have to request the veggies which were clearly marked as included while getting a grimace from the cook was displeasing.

Trying to balance hubby's meal while waiting in yet another long line to get my huge burrito (wonderful tasting) was another NOT load of fun.

I think the servers might be a bit surly because they are having to do almost as much work for only a 10% tip.

I think the customers are surly because they are having to do so much of the work AND still pay a 10% tip.

I think the servers should be given some sort of portable device and we could order at our table and the server could punch it up and send it to the appropriate station, getting a message when it was ready for the server to bring to the table. It would avoid those long lines of people wandering around, lost, and make it a much better dining experience.

Or possibly we could walk around with our ticket and have it punched for what we want at each station and then it could be delivered to our table when the order was completed.

They also might consider replacing the grumpy guy in charge of desserts OR making it more clear as to what is included on the DP so the poor man will not have to fight with each and every customer on what they can or cannot have.

JMO Slightly Goofy

This is one of our favorite places to eat. I agree that you got a bad server. Ours always takes the time to explain how it works, and although the first time was confusing, from then on out, it was fine. We usually get a steak, and the older gentleman behind the counter cooks one heck of a good ribeye. I love all the different choices, and just love the food. It is true that different foods take different times, so someone might be back at the table and started before someone else, but we find that at any foodcourt.
Yes, you are caged in..but if you weren't, it is so big, it would be easy for people to wander off before paying, and others to wander in and sit, ahead of others who have been waiting.

This is why it is so nice to have so many different options for everyone at Disney. Personally, if we never go to CM again, it will be too soon. Couldn't stand it for a number of reasons. But, I can see how it would appeal to others.

The PM can be a hit or miss. And some stations the food and service is eerr.. sometimes lacking.
Overall, if we want a quick bite and half decent food we will eat there. They don't accept the DDE, so for quite awhile we avoided PM just for that alone.
We don't eat there often, but sometime do.
I doubt I would go out of my way to eat at PM. But it has been fine for us.
That being said.... I found a nearby restaurant where a owner with a small interest has a few Disney restaurant ties (one at CSR).
The Prime Rib at that restaurant was probably the same price as the PM and MUCH bigger and better. But when on property, guests are often paying for convenience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter