Coronado bus service-good or bad?

3SmilingFaces

Earning My Ears
How's the bus service from Coronado Springs to MK, Epcot, AK, HS? Trying to pick a resort. Could be a deal breaker! (Have stayed at the Poly before... spoiled by the monorail ;) )

How's the bus service from Coronado Springs to MK, Epcot, AK, HS? Trying to pick a resort. Could be a deal breaker! (Have stayed at the Poly before... spoiled by the monorail ;) )

You will read good/bad reports of any Disney resort as far as buses.

Personally, we don't use buses (we rent a car). However, since I overtook the "unofficial" CSR thread, I did take a bus to the MK two years ago to see how well it went. We got on at the last stop; from the time we left the resort to the stop at the MK it was exactly ten minutes (the same was true of coming back and it was the first bus stop at the MK to get back to the resort). In driving, no park takes more than the ten minutes to drive to.

We had a great experience with the busses at Coronado. The busses were not crowded the whole week we were there. The busses came often. Our trip was in May.

The bus service to and from any of the resorts is 50/50. Their have been times when we get there super fast (considering certain stops) and the wait time has been ok. The buses are suppose to pass every 20 minutes for all parks, but that is not always the case. We have also had the misfortune of waiting nearly an hour for the bus to pass. We have never had that problem to MK though, it's usually Epcot for some odd reason. :confused3

we stayed in the casitas and had bus stop #2. it was a great stop and we never had problems. a few times in the morning, the bus filled up and stop #4 and #1 had to wait.

We've always had good luck with the buses at CSR. The resort is centrally located and AK is probably only 5-7 minutes, same with Epcot and DHS. MK is the farthest and I'm sure KatMark's timing of 10 min is spot-on. We've rarely waited more than 5-10 minutes for the bus we want, plus the pick-up locations at the parks seem pretty favorable.

There are 4 bus stops at CSR, #1 is at the main building, El Centro, #2 is at Casitas, #3 Ranchos, #4 Cabanas. The pick-up order to go to the parks is 2, 3, 4, 1, and drop-off is the same. (Going to DTD, it's 1, 2, 3, 4.)

We've had great stays at CSR and look forward to our next one in May!

Great bus services. If you use bus stop number 2 (by casitas 4 and 5) you are first on. We never had to stand our entire time there and we never had to wait more than 15 minutes.

Bus service for Coronado is excellent in my opinion its the best from any other resort we ever stayed in. We never had to stand always had a seat a service was fast and a lot of buses seemed to be coming and within 10 to 15 mins

I agree that the bus service was really good in September. The only long waits we had were for the DTD bus.

We've used bus service for all mods and found them to be about the same. If I had to rate one the best, it would be CSR as the buses don't stop at any other resorts. We have had great luck with the buses, but we always go knowing that once or twice each trip we will wait longer than normal. It really depends on how much you mind- we never stress over an extra 15-20 minutes if we need to wait, but our kids aren't toddlers.
CSR is my favorite mod hands down, but some people do not like how large & spread out the property is and don't like the pavillion style food court (we love it).

We stayed at CSR twice, with our most recent stay being this past Aug. I thought the bus service was great. We were at bus stop 2 for both of our stays, and that was a big plus, because that is the first stop to be picked up at, and dropped off at. So, we never had to stand when we were going to the parks. We also did not have to wait long at all. :thumbsup2

Bus Stop 2 is first on/first off, so less chance of standing. Last stay (Dec.) at CSR people were standing every trip by the last stop.

Of all the resorts I've stayed at this was the worst bus service. Seemed like we sat forever waiting for any bus, even first bus of the day going to breakfast. Not sure if was the time of year (May, off peak so not as many buses) or just the location of our bus stop.

I think the bus service at CSR is the best at any of the mods. The buses are CSR exclusive, and the location of the resort is about as central to the parks as any.

After having stayed at 2 Values, 2 Mods and 2 Deluxes, I have to say that we spent the most time on buses at CSR. Not sure if it was just where we were located within the resort itself (several stops internally) but it took a long time to get back and forth to any of the Parks. For us, it was the only resort that the transportation was painful.

We also went in May (2010) and loved how great the bus service was going from the resort to the parks. :thumbsup2 Never had to wait for a bus to go to the parks more than 5-10 mins.
We were bus stop 4 the Cabanas which is the last stop before the main building and then on to the park. Never once did we stand on the way to the park. :goodvibes We also got to the parks so much faster than any other resort I've been to since it's so centrally located. This I Loved!!! I hate to complain since there was so many wonderful things about staying at CSR, but since you asked I'll let you in on the one thing we felt was a pain at times.

Since CSR is a convention center there aren't near the amount of people going to parks as there are at other resorts. This is a very good thing....unless your coming back from the parks. :rolleyes: The buses don't come as often as they do for everyone else. After seeing a few buses show up for other resorts your finally seeing your first bus to pick you up. The good news about this is that you'll more than likely be on the bus and not having to wait for a second bus since there aren't all that many people to pick up, although enough your almost always standing on the way back.
This won't stop me from staying there in the future, but it is something that sorta stuck in my craw a few times while there.
If your a family that doesn't close down a park then you have nothing to worry about.
I know some people had a problem with staying here because it's a large spread out resort (most moderates are), but we never once had an issue with this, then again we didn't walk to the main building much, (we don't normally eat at the main building and all our meals are usually ADR's around WDW, we also do usually use the refillable mugs). We were in such a wonderful location staying in the Cabanas, we had everything exactly where we needed them to be, the pool was close, the bus stop was close and actually the walk to the main building wasn't all that bad.

I think if you stay here you'll be more than happy with this choice.

Hi,

I stayed at Coronado Springs for 2 nights in January and found the bus service to be very good. Only once did I have to wait for more than 10minutes ( the Animal Kingdom bus was full at bus stop #4 and we ( at El centro) had to wait for another bus to be dispatched).
Coming back from the them parks the longest I waited was 10mins.

Regards

TBS

I stayed at CSR during Thanksgiving weekend last year and for 2 weeks after Thanksgiving. I never had a long wait for a bus at all and used bus stop 1. Twice the bus was full when it came for the Magic Kingdom but right behind it came a practically empty bus.

Having stayed at the Poly before the bus service at CSR is much better!!!

It always seems that you have to wait too long for a bus but during one of our stays at CSR the buses were terrible when it came to Epcot. We waited over 40 min and saw buses for other parks go by 3 times before one of Epcot finally came along. At one point we had two show up for HS at the same time...this was after about 35 min. At this point I walked up and said something to the driver and he said he would let them know the problem, 5 min later a bus pulled up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter