Coronado bus service-good or bad?

We had a great experience with the busses at Coronado. The busses were not crowded the whole week we were there. The busses came often. Our trip was in May.

Same here except we were there the week following Pres. week 2010.

Great bus services. If you use bus stop number 2 (by casitas 4 and 5) you are first on. We never had to stand our entire time there and we never had to wait more than 15 minutes.

Ditto for us. The only time we had trouble with the bus was sort of our own fault. We were at Epcot in the eve, had a late dinner on the BW and decided to catch the bus to CSR from Studios. It was a night there was a fantasmic show so we thought we were fine but apparently crowds were low that night due to the weather. We caught the boat from BW to Studios and the boat captain asked were we headed to S/D, we replied no Studios and he was very cranky.. "you won't make the last bus but I'll take you there but I don't see how you are getting back to your hotel from there, you'll be on your own" ... blah, blah, blah. :mad: A few more folks boarded the boat and the same thing happened. When we got to Studios there was a CM there who said "Hurry for the last busses" so we all ran, not what you want to do after a really long day. They were putting people on packed busses that were going to many resorts! It was a long, crowded ride but we were so lucky to be one of the first stops off. I felt bad for others who would have a much longer ride to their resorts.

In hindsight we should have just taken a cab from BWI to CSR!!

The only problem we had was one morning getting to MK. We missed rope drop :( Other than that they were great. I think we only stood once if I remember correctly.

How's the bus service from Coronado Springs to MK, Epcot, AK, HS? Trying to pick a resort. Could be a deal breaker! (Have stayed at the Poly before... spoiled by the monorail ;) )

We were just there from 01/15-01/20, and had no more than 15-20 min wait :yay: at any time of morning/afternoon/evening that we were boarding at the resort. More than once we lucked into a <5min wait. We had one ~25min wait at one park going back home.

We were in Cabanas, at Stop #4 (third park stop), and it was never too crowded when we boarded. Stop #1 (last park stop) at El Centro boarded after us, so sometimes it got crowded for the folks getting on there. My first room request was Casitas, which would be Stop #2 (first park stop), but a room wasn't available there.

CRAZY set up!!:upsidedow But it worked out fine for us. :goodvibes

YMMV, especially if your trip is during a really busy time. Regardless, ENJOY YOUR TRIP!! :wizard:

our experience with the Coronado buses was incredible. Seriously, the BEST transportation we've ever had on property.

we never waited more than 10 minutes at the resort and at the parks, for a bus. we also always had a seat.

FYI we were there the first week of Sept. and were close to stop #2, which is actually the first stop.

Always excellent! Was there last year while DH was at conference (January). Sometimes I was the only one on the bus.

Again, in April at spring break time, we were coming home after a late night dinner at the California Grill and was at the Transportation Center. We were the only ones on and it was like having your own personal driver.

Thank you and really appreciated your service!:thumbsup2

The buses at CSR are the best that we've ever had anywhere else - be it value, moderate, or deluxe. Casitas is definitely the best place to stay - first bus stop is awesome both for heading to the parks and heading home.

The bus stop at the parks themselves seemed to always be close too... especially in comparison to Pop!

The buses are always kind of hit or miss, honestly, but I found CSR to be just fine. We went late May/early June 2010 and only once did we have a long wait & that was in the middle of the day. The rest of the time we didn't wait long and I don't think I ever stood, coming or going.

One of the reasons we stay at CSR is for the bus service. The resort is centrally located to the parks, and it does not share busses with another resort.

We have stayed at CSR four times and have had excellent bus service each time. In fact, if I were to rank the bus service of all of our Disney trips, regardless of the resort, the four CSR stays would still come out on top. We've also stayed at AKL, OKW, the old Disney Institute (where SSR is today), BC (twice) and Poly (twice). CSR bus service was better than any of those.

We rarely have to stand. We didn't stand at all during our July trip, and I stood once leaving MK after Wishes in May 2009 (but my kids had seats).

Yes....the bus services are really good at Coronado. We were there in 05 and had no issues. My biggest concern was at the end of park closing when the busses at the theme parks tend to be crowded with long lines. We were fortunate and had little wait. Of course, darting out a bit early always helps!! :thumbsup2

Bus service for Coronado is excellent in my opinion its the best from any other resort we ever stayed in. We never had to stand always had a seat a service was fast and a lot of buses seemed to be coming and within 10 to 15 mins

This!

When we stayed at AKL, we waited and waited only to watch about 5 CSR buses go by.

Add me to the yes list.

I should add, the bus service is one of the reasons CSR is so attractive to us.

Jenny

We had a great experience with the buses there! We were closest to bus stop 2, so always first on/off.
There was a convention going on when we were there, so the buses were relatively empty, and I don't even remember many occassions when anyone on the bus was standing. Once, my two friends and I were the only ones on the bus. And, like others have said, it's a good location, so its pretty quick to get to the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter