Copper Creek Villas & Cabins Opening July 2017

Sort of related but unrelated.... I do like what they did with the refurb at the Grand Cal. Much better job of meshing modern with craft style in my opinion.

Just previewed the new Copper Creek villas. I had seen the photos previous but wanted to see them in person and as we live only about 30 mins down the road decided to head out and take a look. Overall I thought they were nice a couple of my thoughts:

Thoughts:
Studio is small about the same size as BLT studios, this is partially because they are using existing structure and WL was designed as a moderate meaning smaller rooms than Contemporary or Polynesian.

I LIKED the fact that the studio has only a shower, with a rain shower head and regular hand held shower head too, but no tub, this will probably not work well with people with kids though, though with the size of the villa I don't know if I would want to stay in this studio with more than 2 people. (good news for some, no shower curtains anywhere!)

With that being said the studio does have a lot of storage, the entire area under the bed can be used for storage.

I thought the rooms were really WHITE, I always loved the "dark" look that the original lodge, and VWL had, but I guess that's what everyone wants. I did like the small theming elements, the railroad spikes bent to form hanging hooks, the railroad rails used as trim, the bed cover made to look like an old map of the west. In the one bedroom is a ticket for the Carolwood Pacific Railroad (obviously a copy!) framed and hung on the wall. Nice little touches.

On the one bedroom, I thought the living room was small, to keep continuity with the rest of the building I guess they couldn't have extended it out to cover the deck area, but it still felt smaller than any 1 bedrooms I have seen and stayed in. The dining area is greatly expanded with a table that easily seats six, (3 chairs on one side with booth seating on the wall side). The galley kitchen is not as cramped as I thought it would be from the pictures, and is a nice layout for the size.

This is one of the first two bedrooms in awhile that does not have three bedrooms, the work around here is the design of the master bath, its two part like the older 1-bedrooms with a pocket door between the two sides, the side that is closest to the living room has a toilet, sink and shower, the other section has another sink and soaker tub, there is a colored glass divide between the tub and bedroom (opaque, doesn't slide).

Master bedroom has a BEAUTIFUL headboard, "disney wood" made to look like a massive raw piece of wood, very nice design element. The bed itself has side tables on both sides with USB charging ports built into the wall.

Flooring throughout the villa is vinyl wood floor (reminds me of OKW, not sure how this is going to hold up or if they are going to use a different material). I liked all the pocket doors throughout, very thematically appropriate.
Overall though the villa seems rather small, again that's more due to restrictions of the building versus design of the room.

Sorry no pics, but if anyone has any questions I can try to answer!

Jennifer

I agree with jlovesee about the models. I liked them also....toured them last Thursday 3/9. On the studio showers .....some studios have only a shower, others have standard tub/shower. It is a request item, not a booking category. The guide who toured me thru said they wanted to keep both adults traveling w/o children and the young families w/children happy so opted to have both and make it a request but not a guarantee. I really liked the glass mosaic art wall between the master bedroom and the bubbler tub alcove (where the shutters have been in past units). It's very striking with reds, oranges and I think purple might have been in there, because as jlovesee says, there really isn't much color elsewhere. A lot of white and muted gray colors. The layout reminded me somewhat of a cruise ship room... narrow with everything streamlined and what appeared to be a lot of very well thought out storage space. I particularly liked the galley kitchen....at one end is a huge pantry cabinet which houses the toaster, coffeemaker, and microwave, along with a lot of storage space. As jlovesee said, the floors are the vinyl wood look...don't know if its the same product they used at Boulder Ridge (VWL).....hopefully not, because that flooring is awful....looks very cheap and hasn't held up well at all. I wish they had used the hardwood that was used at VGF....guessing they didn't because it probably has not held up well. Anyone have any reports on that flooring recently?

March 21 for members who have added on there. Then April 19 for new members who bought there. And April 26 for folks who don't own and want to try at 7 months window. And online booking at CCV won't be available until the April 26 date... owners wanting to book prior have to call MS.

Last edited:
March 21 for members who have added on there. Then April 19 for new members who bought there. And April 26 for folks who don't own and want to try at 7 months window. And online booking at CCV won't be available until the April 26 date... owners wanting to book prior have to call MS.

What about non-DVC people looking to book through Disney for cash ?

SW

My husband and I have not paid attention to the changes at the DVC at Fort Wilderness. We saw the cabins being added, knew about redoing the pool and adding a pool bar. Now after reading this I am confused, did they remodel the current DVC bldg? Or Did they build another DVC bldg. I knew about the name change but after reading on the official DVC site the interpretation is DVC is all brand new at this location and I know there has been a DVC bldg there for awhile. The theming was rustic mountain style. On the DVC web site they are pushing this as a brand new DVC addition. Wasn't this location sold out years ago with availability to buy pts from resale and Disney buying back contracts. How is this affecting the existing owners? We have Saratoga Springs and Bay Lake as our home resorts. Thank you for any replies that can explain what is happening at the "Copper Ridge" / former Ft. Wilderness DVC.

Kathy

Fort Wilderness and Wilderness Lodge are two separate resorts. Fort Wilderness has never had any DVC's so the ones you are referring to have to be Wilderness Lodge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter