Coordinator

mmschwaba

Earning My Ears
My coordinator contacted me the other day to give me an update on plans. She mentioned something about her possibly not being there for the wedding and someone else being there. Is this common? Here I've been speaking with Lynn and I would hate to have someone else be there for the wedding. And aren't you expose to give a present or letter of appreciation to them? I don't think the sub-in should get that as they haven't done anything, so what do you do? After hearing some complaints on this board I'm hoping our wedding turns out ok.

Hi There,
I was married in WDW 2 weeks ago. The year leading up to my wedding, my coordinator changed 4 times and then once more THE MORNING OF THE WEDDING. I was having my hair done and my latest coordinator calls me and tells me that someone else will be there to stand in. The day was perfect and for the most part the coordinators do pass on what you want for the day. No worries! This is your day and just as long as a coordinator shows up, it will be perfect! Best of luck!

Our coordinator also changed (he left FTW) a couple weeks before our wedding. As Lisa said, things should be just fine. I'd just make sure that all of your requests are noted on your final schedule and budget before your trip. You will probably want a copy with you for your rehearsal to keep things straight anyway. You may want to request that the stand-in EM attend your rehearsal -- if you haven't set up a wedding rehearsal I'd HIGHLY recommend it! That way you can talk one on one to double check that the new EM is up to speed.

Marne
06-16-03

Do you need really need a rehearsal for an intimate wedding? It doesn't seem like there to much for an intimate wedding. I really didn't plan on one.

We had an intimate wedding on Dec 3rd and my DH and I planned the night before the wedding to have a "rehersal dinner" but it was more like a "pass out gifts and discuss the next days events" dinner. We had it at O'Hanas and it was nice to get everyone together and thank them for coming and discuss where everyone needed to be the next day and at what time. It is up to you what you want to do regarding a dinner the night before the wedding day. The intimate weddings are very quick and the coordinator and officiant will walk you through everything and what to do. Good Luck with whatever you decide to do!

I didn't realize that you were having an IW -- but if they offer a rehearsal, due to the circumstances I'd suggest it! We would have been lost if we didn't get to practice where to stand and how to light the unity candle just the right way so that the photographer would get the best shots etc.. You don't necessarily have to have a dinner or anything afterwards, but it is a lot of fun and lets you spend some time with your family before the wedding. I think it was more important to us because we hadn't met our coordinator in person yet since we were assigned to a new person just a few weeks before the wedding. The rehearsal was gave us an idea of what to expect and allowed us to give our cake topper, programs, seating arrangement cards, CD of wedding music etc to our coordinator the night before the wedding so that we didn't have to worry about it the next day. We also got to meet with our officiant Jack Day and talk to him a bit. He met our parents and it was also a good way to gather our little group together all in one place. Good luck!

Marne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter