• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Confused on tickets

dzy76

It all started with two little girls in Disneyland
Coming down end of July - staying two weeks in a condo off property. Was planning on doing maybe 6 days out of all at the parks. But when I was looking at tickets it made me pick the first day I'd possibly be in the parks which would be 7/31 and then it says I have from that date to 8/8 to use the ticket. But I'm not leaving until the 8/11. I'm planning on a few days at the beach and resting in-between activities (so I don't need a vacation from my vacation!). Why does it only give you a limited time to use the ticket? And 8 days to use a 6 day pass? Am I seeing this correctly?

Yes you're reading it correctly. That is how tickets are done now. You may have to change your plans regarding beach days, etc, to get the park days in.

There's more detail on this in the FAQ: https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...-faq-•-read-first-page.3711842/#post-59856609

All standard multi-day tickets are valid for a set period of time after the start date; for normal 6-day tickets, that's a 9-day period. The only ways to get longer than that are to either book as part of a Disney resort package (in which case, they're valid from your check in date to your check out date), or to add Park Hopper Plus (which extends the validity period by one day).

There are also flexible date tickets which don't have the same time limits (although they are still restricted to 14 days after first use, like tickets were prior to date-based pricing)-- but they're sold at a significant premium, so you'll want to make sure it's not cheaper to add days (even if they're not going to be used) to a standard ticket before purchasing.

There's more detail on this in the FAQ: https://www.disboards.com/threads/walt-disney-world-date-based-ticket-system-faq-•-read-first-page.3711842/#post-59856609

All standard multi-day tickets are valid for a set period of time after the start date; for normal 6-day tickets, that's a 9-day period. The only ways to get longer than that are to either book as part of a Disney resort package (in which case, they're valid from your check in date to your check out date), or to add Park Hopper Plus (which extends the validity period by one day).

There are also flexible date tickets which don't have the same time limits (although they are still restricted to 14 days after first use, like tickets were prior to date-based pricing)-- but they're sold at a significant premium, so you'll want to make sure it's not cheaper to add days (even if they're not going to be used) to a standard ticket before purchasing.

I'll go read that FAQ, Where to I find the flexible date ticket?? What is it called?

There's more detail on this in the FAQ: https://www.disboards.com/threads/walt-disney-world-date-based-ticket-system-faq-•-read-first-page.3711842/#post-59856609

OK - Read that post - I now get it - I don't see the flexible date option on the current website??? Is it not offered now?

OK - Read that post - I now get it - I don't see the flexible date option on the current website??? Is it not offered now?
I can't find it either, but it is an option. It is very easy to find and compare on Undercover Tourist, which should give you a discount anyway (they are where I get my day tickets from). Go here: https://www.undercovertourist.com/orlando/walt-disney-world-resort/#tickets

Scroll down and you'll see the Walt Disney World Tickets header, and under that you'll see option 1 and option 2. Flex tickets are option 2.

I can't find it either, but it is an option. It is very easy to find and compare on Undercover Tourist, which should give you a discount anyway (they are where I get my day tickets from). Go here: https://www.undercovertourist.com/orlando/walt-disney-world-resort/#tickets

Scroll down and you'll see the Walt Disney World Tickets header, and under that you'll see option 1 and option 2. Flex tickets are option 2.

Thanks so much! How have I missed this site! I just checked and the tickets I just paid for at Disneyland, I could have saved over $100 if bought here!

Thanks so much! How have I missed this site! I just checked and the tickets I just paid for at Disneyland, I could have saved over $100 if bought here!
I can't see on there how long they are "good for" but if you have any questions, the UT customer service is good.

Ok, it was driving me nuts so I chatted with a Disney rep; the option to add flexibility for the tickets does come up on the official site but only after you go through the first steps of picking type of ticket, number of tickets, and go ahead and choose a date, it then give you the option of the flex tickets;

"With this option, you don’t have to choose dates. The first day of use of your ticket can be any day on or before December 31, 2021. Plus, you get more days to use your ticket. When you add this option, you have 14 days (from first use) to use all your ticket days."

I am having the same type of problem. we are going to be there, staying offsite, for 10 days in October. we only want to purchase 3 day tickets, because we will be doing a couple MNSSHPs while we're there and a couple days at Universal. Since the dates for the Halloween parties are not out yet, its making it hard to pick a "first use date".

When I called to ask if they knew when the Halloween party dates are coming out (they don't know or are not sharing yet), he also suggested the flexible date option and told me it would come up on the second page after selecting your tickets. He said it would be around $90 per ticket. Wondering if it may be more cost effective to buy single day tickets?

Ugh! Disney lately seems to be making things so difficult!

Coming down end of July - staying two weeks in a condo off property. Was planning on doing maybe 6 days out of all at the parks. But when I was looking at tickets it made me pick the first day I'd possibly be in the parks which would be 7/31 and then it says I have from that date to 8/8 to use the ticket. But I'm not leaving until the 8/11. I'm planning on a few days at the beach and resting in-between activities (so I don't need a vacation from my vacation!). Why does it only give you a limited time to use the ticket? And 8 days to use a 6 day pass? Am I seeing this correctly?

It's about $35-$40 more to get an 8 day ticket that would be good from July 31 until August 11. Seems the simplest if you are sure of the dates.

Thanks everyone. I'm looking at it now. I'm almost considering paying for a annual pass for myself (I might be back in under a year) and just get the flex for my son. That way I would have free parking, and possibly some discounts for meals. If I could pay monthly like residents I'd do it for sure!

Thanks everyone. I'm looking at it now. I'm almost considering paying for a annual pass for myself (I might be back in under a year) and just get the flex for my son. That way I would have free parking, and possibly some discounts for meals. If I could pay monthly like residents I'd do it for sure!
The “flexible” option looks to cost $105 for a 6-day ticket at that time. As @Rosanne suggests, I would consider the 8-day ticket for your son. It’ll have the same end result and cost less.

Enjoy your vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter