Confessions of an obsessive planner... Let the countdown begin!!

I can't imagine trying to photograph a wedding! I bet it's exhausting!!!

Amanda

It was but it was also a lot of fun. The bride was just stunning and the couple so fun that it just made the day fly by. :lovestruc

I'm still in the process of editing though and I think that will take a very long time. :confused3

Hi Hope, just wanted to wish you a wonderful trip. I'll be watching for your TR!

Thanks Pam!

Okay, a silly celebration but I can count the days until we're at Disney on one hand!! :dance3: :rotfl2: (Told you it was silly.)

Next on our countdown is something Jace can NOT stop talking about...

5: Lego Store at Downtown Disney

Oh my goodness is Jace excited about this!! :hyper: We had been looking at pics but then yesterday he found a youtube video of inside the store and he just had fits! When he saw the flat rate buckets that you can fill he couldn't believe it (the kid who put up the video even had tips to fit more stuff in the bucket) but then the tables full of stuff to play with was just icing on the cake. We're headed here on our first day after we leave MK (party night so we'll be out by 7) and Jace can hardly wait. :yay:

Being able to count the days on one hand is a celebration!

I'm glad the wedding went well. That is a LOT of pictures!

There's nothing like watching the fireworks from Main street. And I don't even really care for fireworks!

So soon. So how many things do you have left on your to-do list? (I know you must have one! You are the most organized person on the planet!)

Being able to count the days on one hand is a celebration!

I'm glad the wedding went well. That is a LOT of pictures!

There's nothing like watching the fireworks from Main street. And I don't even really care for fireworks!

So soon. So how many things do you have left on your to-do list? (I know you must have one! You are the most organized person on the planet!)

:rotfl: Oh man, I've got you all so fooled! The truth is that I HAVE to be organized because I am really the most forgetful person on the planet! If I don't have a place where things live I can't remember where I put them last and if I don't write things down I forget to do them. The organization is a NECESSITY in my house. It keeps our heads above water. :rolleyes1

I do have my to-do list divided into days with about 3-5 things to do each day this week. (Again, a necessity otherwise I'd procrastinate and not have enough time to do it all- or I'd get overwhelmed, not know where to begin and just do nothing. :rolleyes: ) Most of the things are little like gassing up the car and picking up rolls of coins for pressed pennies and laundry but a few are bigger like finishing up Jace's costume for the party. We only have to go to dance class tomorrow and no plans for Wednesday though so we'll have plenty of time to get it all done- large and small. :)

I just have to say- I :love: the DIS!

Went to get my mail a bit ago and in it was a map for MNSSHP that a fellow DISer mailed to me after the first party. :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Nathaniel got lost at the Lego Store last year. :scared1: We're infamous for having lost children....:rolleyes:
That's great about getting the map!

Amanda

Nathaniel got lost at the Lego Store last year. :scared1: We're infamous for having lost children....:rolleyes:
That's great about getting the map!

Amanda

Jace got lost at Six Flags once- it was AWFUL! He made it around the lazy river in the water park faster than Kya and I and instead of staying put as we had discussed he just wandered away (I think he was 6 or 7 at the time). :scared1: Six Flags handled it so poorly that I contacted the main office. :headache: Which is why they will both have cards on their lanyards with Robbie and my cell phone numbers and will be shown what the CMs uniforms look like first thing. Our back up plan after actual employees of the places we visit is always to look for a mom with kids- they'll always be willing to help a lost child. :thumbsup2

Good morning all! I'm still frantically editing pictures and trying to finish getting ready for our trip at the same time. I don't HAVE to be finished with the wedding photos before we go but I'd like to be at least close to finished since I know I'll be coming home with lots of pics from our trip and won't want to look at someone else's memories when I could be looking at mine. :rotfl: So, I'm just trying to get as much finished as possible and still do all the other things I need to do.

As far as getting ready goes I'm doing pretty well. I'd already started packing and gathering everything together so that won't be an issue. Yesterday I bought snacks for the plane and started getting our carry-on bags together. I still need to check Steve Soares and see if any showtimes have changed. We'll leave before he updates again but I think this week and next week's show/greeting times will be pretty much the same. So, we are almost ready and I'm sure that I'll be ready to go with time to spare. The only thing I'm not sure about is how we'll leave the house. I wanted to leave with the house clean (including cleaning out the fridge) and the laundry finished so that when we get back we can relax and rest from the trip. We'll see if that happens- I'll probably have to choose between editing pictures and housework! :rolleyes:

I can hardly believe that we'll be in Disney in just four days! :goodvibes

One thing we're looking forward to (from Kya's list) that will surprise no one...

4: Dumbo!

I know it's strictly kiddie carnival ride and lots of people complain about that but come on- this is a classic Disney icon AND it offers a sneak peak of the Fantasyland expansion- what's not to love about that!

Sounds like you are getting stuff done and are on top of the game! Good luck with all the pictures!

Dumbo is always fun, and the expansion adds a new dimension. It's a classic!

We are SOOOO close to being at Disney!! :yay: :yay: :yay: I am so excited! The kids are excited too and just can't stop talking about the things they are looking forward to. Next up on the countdown is the last thing on Jace's list...

3: Build-a-light-saber :darth:

We found this photo tour of the store and Jace is excited! There are two places where this can be done, Once Upon a Toy at DTD and the Star Tours gift shop at DHS. I'm not sure if the one in DHS will be available since Star Tours is closed. Plus people have reported times when it just wasn't available there due to special displays. But it's always available at DTD so this is probably where we'll go to do it.

You may have noticed that lots of things Jace is looking forward to are stores. :rotfl: He thinks a place isn't worth going if it doesn't have a gift shop and while I know he will enjoy so much more than the shopping this is what he knows in advance will be fun. :rolleyes: I'm proud of him though, both my kids really, because they have saved up about $100 each to take with them on this trip. They may have to buy dinner on the way to the airport. ;)

Building a lightsabre looks like a lot of fun. DH is already anticipating the day when J.J. is old enough to do it! I don't blame Jace for being excited!

That is a lot of money for souvineers! They're going to be able to get lots of great stuff to remember their trip with!

I can not believe how close you are! Are you getting any school done during the day? I can only imagine what homeschooling right before a big trip is, since it's bad enough when you're at work or school and don't have all your stuff around and people around who are just as excited as you are!

Building a lightsabre looks like a lot of fun. DH is already anticipating the day when J.J. is old enough to do it! I don't blame Jace for being excited!

That is a lot of money for souvineers! They're going to be able to get lots of great stuff to remember their trip with!

I can not believe how close you are! Are you getting any school done during the day? I can only imagine what homeschooling right before a big trip is, since it's bad enough when you're at work or school and don't have all your stuff around and people around who are just as excited as you are!

I know- I can't believe how much they saved! With the exception of $40 ($20 from my aunt and $10 each from us and my parents) it's all money they've saved from their allowance or doing extra chores for my parents. They both say they don't plan to spend it all at Disney but want to have it with them in case they see something they really want.

We are pretty single minded right now with the trip but the great thing about homeschooling is that we set our own schedule so it will all work out in the end. :goodvibes

Oh.my.gosh!!!! We are sooooo excited. Jace came into my room last night and saw that I was still awake and asked me if I couldn't sleep because of Disney. Then he laid down with me for a few minutes and whispered all of the things he was most excited about. :lovestruc One of the things I'm excited about I didn't share with him because I knew he wouldn't really understand... but my fellow DISers will...

2: Seeing my plans come together and also what surprises are in store for us

I'm excited to see all the planning I've done over the past 10 months come together but I also KNOW that no matter how carefully I've planned things won't happen exactly like I think they will. I'm just as excited to see the little surprises that 'interrupt' our plans. :goodvibes I'm hoping for good surprises like bumping into rare characters and not the kind where someone is sick! :rotfl: But whatever comes our way we know we're going to have a blast! :dance3:

Oh.my.gosh!!!! We are sooooo excited. Jace came into my room last night and saw that I was still awake and asked me if I couldn't sleep because of Disney. Then he laid down with me for a few minutes and whispered all of the things he was most excited about. :lovestruc One of the things I'm excited about I didn't share with him because I knew he wouldn't really understand... but my fellow DISers will...

2: Seeing my plans come together and also what surprises are in store for us

I'm excited to see all the planning I've done over the past 10 months come together but I also KNOW that no matter how carefully I've planned things won't happen exactly like I think they will. I'm just as excited to see the little surprises that 'interrupt' our plans. :goodvibes I'm hoping for good surprises like bumping into rare characters and not the kind where someone is sick! :rotfl: But whatever comes our way we know we're going to have a blast! :dance3:

This is my favorite post so far!!!!! I feel the same way!!!!

Hope to 'see' you one day in the parks!

I just wanted to take a minute before I leave tomorrow to say what an AWESOME and AMAZING friend Karen is. Not only is she the reason we are going to Disney to begin with but she is also the reason we're going to have such a well thought out trip that will help us make the most of our time at WDW. Even when she had to cancel her own trip she still helped me with my questions and today gave me a card that sings "I'm So Excited!" with a Disney gift card inside. Really, who could ask for a better friend! :lovestruc

So exciting that you leave tomorrow!

Just incase I don't get online in time to wish you off...I hope you have a wonderful trip and that it's everything you have been hoping it will be! You have taken so much time and care to plan such a great trip for your family, and I know they will appreciate that, and you will have an amazing time! I'm sad that I had to move my trip since I won't get to meet you while you are there! I can not wait to hear all about your trip when you get back!

I'm sending pixie dust pixiedust: that your week goes slowly and you get to really treasure every single second of disney magic with your beautiful family!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter