Concierge/Club Level Information - Part II (Sept 2009)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a West Coast thing. I used to have to wake up and call central dining at 4am PT to get what we wanted. Now that we're using the IPO office, I get to sleep in and don't have to be on hold forever. Don't worry -- they do a great job of getting what you want.;)

Thanks for calming me down a bit. I think that next time I won't book our ressie 11 months out. It gives me too much time to obsess about it, lol. :surfweb:

Monday morning couldn't come fast enough!

We stayed last month concierge at AKL. What is the correct name for those pastries with the chocolate chips. They were my favorite? Does anybody know if they have those in the concierge lounges at Poly or WL?
Thanks!

I am starting to go into Type A panic mode. IPO has our list and sed to be made on Monday (our first night is room only).

Jen, Like you I am a type A Disney Planner. On the last trip in Aug. I finally relaxed enough to send my list to the IPO and let them do all the work. On the first day (Monday) I received and e-mail at about 10 am and they had gotten all my Adrs and booked two tours I requested. They even managed to book the Breathless boat for the Illumination cruise and that reservation is near impossible to get when you try to do it yourself. Several time in the next few weeks I would call to add a few more things and they always got what I wanted. I so glad I this time that I could relax and let them doo all the work. Hope this helps ease your mind.

We stayed last month concierge at AKL. What is the correct name for those pastries with the chocolate chips. They were my favorite? Does anybody know if they have those in the concierge lounges at Poly or WL?
Thanks!

Chocolate croissants and sadly they don't have them at the Poly. I LOVE the Poly and enjoyed the evening service more than AKL but was disappointed in the morning service. They had bagels, plain croissants, and cinnamon rolls (those were very good). They had a bowl of mix fruit, apples, bananas, oranges, and cereal. You had to ask for chocolate milk and yogurt.

Chocolate croissants and sadly they don't have them at the Poly. I LOVE the Poly and enjoyed the evening service more than AKL but was disappointed in the morning service. They had bagels, plain croissants, and cinnamon rolls (those were very good). They had a bowl of mix fruit, apples, bananas, oranges, and cereal. You had to ask for chocolate milk and yogurt.

That was our experience as well. While we liked the Poly CL in general, we were very disappointed when comparing their breakfast to the one at AKL (it was a split stay, so it was hard not to compare them). Poly doesn't have the yummy chocolate croissants, the great espresso machine, or the hot cereals that are offered at AKL.

I've seen other people on the DIS post that they know in advance what room they will be in prior to their arrival if staying CL. Is this true? And how do they know - does someone contact them and let them know?

I've seen other people on the DIS post that they know in advance what room they will be in prior to their arrival if staying CL. Is this true? And how do they know - does someone contact them and let them know?

As far as I know, you'll get your room number at check-in. It's rare and usually under special circumstances that they will tell you your room number before check-in, especially since it may change that day due to guests extending their stays or rooms becoming unavailable due to other reasons.

In some resorts, you'll know what building and view or floor you may have when staying CL.

We are staying CL in Dec at BWI. We contacted them about making our ADR last week and got a quick and friendly response. This morning, 90 day mark, we got our intenerary with our ADR's all at the times we wanted or within 30 minutes. It was so easy and is making for the start of a great trip.

I'm not sure how they know or if it is because they ask for a specific room but let me tell you my horror story. We stayed at BC and had a great ground floor room just 'off' of the quiet pool area (so we could walk over there or over to the walk to Epcot or to Stormalong Bay from our glass door) that was a bit bigger than the other rooms there (or at least, the other rooms our family were in). So the morning we were going to check out, we asked for a late check out (no problem) but we were woken by housekeeping at 8 am! And told them we had a late check out. Then not 10 minutes later, engineering knocked on the door! Let's just say we weren't sleeping in at that point! So I got in the shower and when I got out, someone was ENTERING our room. It was some guy and his kid/grandkid asking us WHEN WE WERE CHECKING OUT. OMG! I was not dressed and my family was in bed. I told him we had a late check out and weren't sure. I complained PROFUSELY to the front desk who apologized but said they couldn't help it if someone tried every door with their card key. WHAT???? I asked to speak to a manager and was DENIED! So...I think this person knew which room he was going to be in (whether he asked for it or asked which room it would be) and he entered with his key to the world card because they issue those before the room is ready. I just can't believe the nerve of this person to enter a room that was occupied and the lack of concern by BC over this. And my vacation was over with so what did they care?

That's my horror story - just make sure you have that extra chain lock on your door.

The only thing you will know is what specific floor or building you will be staying on, however you won't know what you're room number would be until it's ready after checking in.

I'm not sure how they know or if it is because they ask for a specific room but let me tell you my horror story. We stayed at BC and had a great ground floor room just 'off' of the quiet pool area (so we could walk over there or over to the walk to Epcot or to Stormalong Bay from our glass door) that was a bit bigger than the other rooms there (or at least, the other rooms our family were in). So the morning we were going to check out, we asked for a late check out (no problem) but we were woken by housekeeping at 8 am! And told them we had a late check out. Then not 10 minutes later, engineering knocked on the door! Let's just say we weren't sleeping in at that point! So I got in the shower and when I got out, someone was ENTERING our room. It was some guy and his kid/grandkid asking us WHEN WE WERE CHECKING OUT. OMG! I was not dressed and my family was in bed. I told him we had a late check out and weren't sure. I complained PROFUSELY to the front desk who apologized but said they couldn't help it if someone tried every door with their card key. WHAT???? I asked to speak to a manager and was DENIED! So...I think this person knew which room he was going to be in (whether he asked for it or asked which room it would be) and he entered with his key to the world card because they issue those before the room is ready. I just can't believe the nerve of this person to enter a room that was occupied and the lack of concern by BC over this. And my vacation was over with so what did they care?

That's my horror story - just make sure you have that extra chain lock on your door.

All I can say is: :scared1:! How awful! And that is the reason they are not supposed to tell you your room number in advance!:sad2: We've been told general vicinity, and sometimes room # but that was around 2pm -- the guests had checked out long before that. Still, we did not go to the room until we were told that Mousekeeping was done cleaning it out.

I have to admit that I am extremely surprised at the BC manager's response to your concern...:sad2:

All I can say is: :scared1:! How awful! And that is the reason they are not supposed to tell you your room number in advance!:sad2: We've been told general vicinity, and sometimes room # but that was around 2pm -- the guests had checked out long before that. Still, we did not go to the room until we were told that Mousekeeping was done cleaning it out.

I have to admit that I am extremely surprised at the BC manager's response to your concern...:sad2:

Same here. I think the manager's response would upset me more than the fact that the next guests tried to enter my room! :eek: (although I'd find that very upsetting also.)

Tinkerbellie, I hope you wrote a letter or email to Disney. I always write to let them know when things are wonderful, but I'd sure be writing to them about an experience like this. :sad1:

They are not supposed to give out a room number until the room is ready. We have been given the building, but never the room number.

We are staying CL in Dec at BWI. We contacted them about making our ADR last week and got a quick and friendly response. This morning, 90 day mark, we got our intenerary with our ADR's all at the times we wanted or within 30 minutes. It was so easy and is making for the start of a great trip.

Glad you got everything you wanted. Enjoy your stay and report back when you return. BWI is on my list of resorts to try, so am looking for any reviews.

:scared1: That is terrible. This is why they are not supposed to find out what room they are assigned until it is ready. I have heard of reports that someone entered rooms by mistake. I wonder if they just tried all the rooms until they found one that opened, or were told the number in advance. In any case the CM's response and not getting you a manager was just not right. Maybe the CM told him the room number and that is why they wouldn't get you a manager.:confused3

I am starting to go into Type A panic mode. IPO has our list and sed to be made on Monday (our first night is room only).

Jen, Like you I am a type A Disney Planner. On the last trip in Aug. I finally relaxed enough to send my list to the IPO and let them do all the work. On the first day (Monday) I received and e-mail at about 10 am and they had gotten all my Adrs and booked two tours I requested. They even managed to book the Breathless boat for the Illumination cruise and that reservation is near impossible to get when you try to do it yourself. Several time in the next few weeks I would call to add a few more things and they always got what I wanted. I so glad I this time that I could relax and let them doo all the work. Hope this helps ease your mind.

Thank you! That does make me feel better. I let IPO know that we were very flexible with times and days for the locations we requested (except Thursday, my son's birthday, we want to eat at Rainforest @ AK and do the Pirates and Pal's fireworks cruise). I am excited to get our email tomorrow letting us know our details.

I hope that the next 90 days goes quickly. We are all so excited to go to WDW for the first time as a family. :goodvibes

Just wanted to send a litte report. I got an email from BWI IPO at 7:07am with my ADRs attached. I only had 2 requests as we are doing a split stay so GF will need to make my other ADR's. I got Chefs de France for my son's bd meal at just the time we requested along with a breakfast reservation on our day that we are changing to the GF. Granted I didn't have a lot of ADRs this time but IPO was on top of it and sent the info super fast and I was pleased. :cheer2:

Same here. I think the manager's response would upset me more than the fact that the next guests tried to enter my room! :eek: (although I'd find that very upsetting also.)

Tinkerbellie, I hope you wrote a letter or email to Disney. I always write to let them know when things are wonderful, but I'd sure be writing to them about an experience like this. :sad1:

They are not supposed to give out a room number until the room is ready. We have been given the building, but never the room number.

Glad you got everything you wanted. Enjoy your stay and report back when you return. BWI is on my list of resorts to try, so am looking for any reviews.

:scared1: That is terrible. This is why they are not supposed to find out what room they are assigned until it is ready. I have heard of reports that someone entered rooms by mistake. I wonder if they just tried all the rooms until they found one that opened, or were told the number in advance. In any case the CM's response and not getting you a manager was just not right. Maybe the CM told him the room number and that is why they wouldn't get you a manager.:confused3

Thank you guys for understanding! My husband really hates it when I complain about anything and he knew I was furious so I went to complain at the front desk. I have no idea why they wouldn't let me speak to a manager or if that person was at fault and didn't want it to be known. My husband didn't want me to make any bigger deal out of it and I didn't want him to think that this ruins any Disney vacation or would turn me off of another Disney vacation. I did email Disney about it but never heard anything. I did think about it later that I should write them but when I finally thought I should do this (silly me thought the email would be sufficient), it was months later and I didn't know if it would even be effective. This happened in April 2008 by the way. And it does NOT turn me off of another (and another and another) Disney vacation :laughing:

I got my confirmations from IPO this morning only to find out that I couldn't get Le Cellier and a lot of my times have been changed by more than 30 minutes. I guess there are a lot of people going at the same time that had their ADRs made before my booking window opened up this morning. :sad1:

What I did on my ADR request was note my preferred time and put the window of 1/2 hour before and half hour after.

I got my confirmations from IPO this morning only to find out that I couldn't get Le Cellier and a lot of my times have been changed by more than 30 minutes. I guess there are a lot of people going at the same time that had their ADRs made before my booking window opened up this morning. :sad1:

Let the IPO know that you'd like them to keep trying for LeCellier. I'd also let them know of any of the other times that you'd like earlier or later. Tell them you want to keep the current ADRs but that if they could check for cancellations, you'd appreciate it! :)

LeCellier is getting harder and harder to book. Even my buddy at the AKL-IPO says it isn't a sure thing. :confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter