Compromise is a Disney word: Taking one for the team over Thanksgiving 2016* August PTR link! 5/28

Ha ha, your mom probably didn't think it was as funny as you did! I would have had no idea what was about to happen!

Well I did try to warn her...

I still can't fathom an 18 year WDW absence. We can't let that happen again!

Def not something I would have preferred. But I LOVED that it was just me on my own terms. And there is NO WAY I'd let it go that long again. I'm really hoping to make it in the fall of 2021 - in time for the 50th celebrations, F&W, and MNSSHP. And for a full 2 weeks too. Fingers crossed!
I may have said this already but I love your Disneyland ticker :cheer2: and your picture next to it!

Thanks! That picture is actually from the Moroccan pavilion by the fountain in front.

I also wanted to try and find the not-so-secret "secret" door at the Beach Club that puts you mere steps from the IG entrance.

There is a "secret" door? That would have been useful to know when I had my Cape May breakfast.

it wasn't long before we were through the tapstiles and in an empty WS:

LOVE LOVE LOVE empty WS! And if you want access to even more empty pavilions and it works out for you, try a tour there.

It was closing in on 8:00 but I had to take some pictures.

But of course

And I had to take a picture of the gorgeous Epcot tree, right? I love this one, it incorporates something from every country in WS:

That is one massive tree. That's cool that it incorporates things from the countries at WS. And while I understand being in a ruch then that still doesn't excuse you from later on in the day :rolleyes2. Oh well, I guess I'll have to resort to Google...

That sucks missing a character at GG. I don't understand how a character can just walk by without stopping. Doesn't seem right. But I guess at least you got Farmer Mickey and Pluto this time.

I'm finally, slowly, getting caught up reading reports after the holidays. You did so many of my favorite things this day! I'm counting the days/obsessing over the weather for our trip next week, since we are also staying at Beach Club and I really love SAB. I cannot deal with the lazy river, either, though. Those tubes are not made for adults, I swear. I also LOVE the Basin at the GF-- the satsuma is my fave, because it reminds me of Soarin (r.i.p. Orange groves!). I'm not entirely sold on the new film-- we did Soarin several times at DL in November, and I am just not sure what I think. I LOVED (I mean like obsessively loved) the old version. I think I will learn to love the new one, but it didn't win me over like the original.

Can't wait to read more!

Grrrrr. Monorail issues!! The last several times at WDW have been so horrible for the monorail. I think I've ridden it only once each trip because they don't run it in the morning from the TTC and the last several times it has made us EXTREMELY late to our dining reservations even though we had left with plenty of time. You can't trust it and that is so sad because I love the monorail!
Hey Jenna! Ugh I know, I feel like the monorail isn't even a perk to staying at a MK resort anymore! It did work for us when we had a PPO breakfast at BOG last January but we were holding our breath until that morning :scared: Steve and I are sitting here discussing another possible trip and a possible stay at a monorail resort, and he just said he doesn't like the idea of relying on that as a primary mode of transportation :(

I did not like the old Soarin' but maybe I should be giving the new one a try this May.
You should! I really was NOT a fan of old Soarin' at all and if they hadn't updated the film, I would've been fine never seeing it again. But I'm SO glad I saw the new one and now I can't imagine going to Epcot and not watching it! I think it's my favorite ride in Epcot now except maybe SE.

he problem is the FP+ tiering. I usually skedaddle over to M:S first thing but now I don't know what to do!
She had an inner ear issue a few years ago and I would hate to trigger that with the spinning that M:S does. I really really love the Gs though and I miss it if I don't do it at least once. As a good DIL, I should probably give it up......:sad:
Hmmm :scratchin I think you may be right about MIL on M:S unfortunately. But if you RD Soarin' and then go right to M:S, do you think the line will really be that bad? None of us ride M:S so I don't really know how early the line grows over there. And maybe if you've been nice the rest of the trip, MIL won't mind chilling out while you ride lol!!

As far as school, I almost never buy from my students. I usually have teacher friends whose daughters sell, so I go that route. It's just easier to say no to all of them in my class.
That makes much more sense!

This year, I'd like to try the s'mores but I already see some upcharges for those particular ones!
::yes:: My sister actually told me the S'mores were going to cost more and I said I thought that sucked. She said it's b/c it's all for profit and when people say anything about the cost she always tells them "it's for charity". I suppose it is........but the reality is, you can still get good cookies for a lot cheaper!

:-) Funny aside just yesterday we were supposed to be at my cousins for brunch at 1030. Now why anyone would do something on new years day that early is beyond me. Needless to say it was after 1030 before we even left our house. Not usually a big deal, but we had all the bloody mary fixin's. My cousins were not happy with me. o_O
10:30 is ABSURD on NY day :sad2: Ricky had a friend coming over and even he had enough sense to not ask that he come over before lunch lol. At least you knew they wouldn't run out of alcohol before you arrived!

I'm gonna see if I can have Disney resurrect that show just for you!!!
If they do I'll make sure you guys take a special trip just to see it with us again :rotfl:and again, and again, and again.........

Def not something I would have preferred. But I LOVED that it was just me on my own terms. And there is NO WAY I'd let it go that long again. I'm really hoping to make it in the fall of 2021 - in time for the 50th celebrations, F&W, and MNSSHP. And for a full 2 weeks too. Fingers crossed!
I would love to do a solo trip sometime so I envy yours! I'll be there fall of 2021 for the 50th since I'll be turning 50 too :sad:

There is a "secret" door? That would have been useful to know when I had my Cape May breakfast.
Yes, but it's not really as big a deal as all the BC experts make it sound! I'll explain a little better when I get to the day we actually found it but it saves maybe 3-4 minutes, helpful if it's really hot or raining or if you're really tired at night. But if your room isn't close to it, it kind of defeats the purpose.

LOVE LOVE LOVE empty WS! And if you want access to even more empty pavilions and it works out for you, try a tour there.
I want to do that tour so bad!! Steve isn't sold on it yet due to the length so we need to work on that...........

That sucks missing a character at GG. I don't understand how a character can just walk by without stopping. Doesn't seem right. But I guess at least you got Farmer Mickey and Pluto this time.
Yes I'm glad we got Pluto and Mickey this time around but still stinks we missed Dale, and I don't know why GG is the only place we've ever had this problem in all our visits and all our character meals. Almost every review of GG I read boasts fantastic character interaction so for some reason, they must not like us lol

I'm finally, slowly, getting caught up reading reports after the holidays. You did so many of my favorite things this day! I'm counting the days/obsessing over the weather for our trip next week, since we are also staying at Beach Club and I really love SAB. I cannot deal with the lazy river, either, though. Those tubes are not made for adults, I swear.
Happy New Year! I was really slow posting here and in my dining report before and during the holidays, I have quite a few TR's to catch up on myself :surfweb: I hope you have nice weather next week! Steve and I were there the end of Jan. last year and it was unseasonable cold, but had been nice and warm right before we got there. We both had or winter coats on and zippered up almost every day!

I also LOVE the Basin at the GF-- the satsuma is my fave, because it reminds me of Soarin (r.i.p. Orange groves!)
I think I remember smelling satsuma but going to make a point in May :)

I'm not entirely sold on the new film-- we did Soarin several times at DL in November, and I am just not sure what I think. I LOVED (I mean like obsessively loved) the old version. I think I will learn to love the new one, but it didn't win me over like the original.
It's hard when they change something you love and I am normally not a fan of change, so I hear ya. I think the fact that I got sick on old Soarin' helps with me not missing it! Hopefully you do come to enjoy the new film just as much :goodvibes

Happy New Year! Found your trip report from the dining one :cool1: Gingerbread Lattes are gone - but I am on countdown mode for next holiday! :rotfl:

I love Basin!! Best store ever.

Excited to ride the new Soarin' this May. It was down last May when we went. Do usually go in May? We love it that time of year. We will be there the 20th - 24th at Poly then 24th - 29th at YC. We love walking to Epcot - it is our fave!

Cant believe you had to chase down characters at GG. We usually see them multiple times - last year Dale threw Tater Tots at the manager from our booth (my DD6 still talks about that) and hung with us for a good 5 mins! Needless to say DD requested that breakfast again this year.

AWESOME update and I'm with you on the new Soarin'....we really LOVED it also! Sorry your didn't get to meet all the characters at breakfast but at least Mickey didn't ditch you! We haven't done GG in so long, and I didn't even know they had breakfast. Unfortunately I think our character meals are behind us mostly, except the kids really want to return to Chef Mickey's which we promised we would do in a future trip since it's been a tradition for us, but one we didn't do at Thanksgiving. Honestly I preferred Tusker House so much more and would love to do that again...but the cost...ouch! :eek:

Can't wait to read more!

Happy New Year! Found your trip report from the dining one :cool1: Gingerbread Lattes are gone - but I am on countdown mode for next holiday! :rotfl:

I love Basin!! Best store ever.

Excited to ride the new Soarin' this May. It was down last May when we went. Do usually go in May? We love it that time of year. We will be there the 20th - 24th at Poly then 24th - 29th at YC. We love walking to Epcot - it is our fave!

Cant believe you had to chase down characters at GG. We usually see them multiple times - last year Dale threw Tater Tots at the manager from our booth (my DD6 still talks about that) and hung with us for a good 5 mins! Needless to say DD requested that breakfast again this year.
Hi there :yay: I'm glad you made your way over! I don't like to rush time but, seriously the holidays will most likely be here again before we know it and you'll have your gingerbread lol!
This is only the 2nd time we're going in May, the first time was over Mother's Day in 2013. Just so happens it's a good time for my mom to watch the boys so, May, here we come! I wanted to do Memorial weekend and take the boys, but Ricky will have a travel basketball tournament and he refuses to miss it.........yup, about 10 months out of the year, that's what we're dealing with :rolleyes: So we overlap a couple days since we're there the 18th-22nd! Maybe we'll cross paths.........and I'll cross my fingers for both of us that Soarin' stays up!
Steve loves the Epcot resorts but I won out this time with another stay at WL. He really enjoys it there too so it's not a negative for him but I know at some point we'll be back over to the Epcot side :)

AWESOME update and I'm with you on the new Soarin'....we really LOVED it also! Sorry your didn't get to meet all the characters at breakfast but at least Mickey didn't ditch you! We haven't done GG in so long, and I didn't even know they had breakfast. Unfortunately I think our character meals are behind us mostly, except the kids really want to return to Chef Mickey's which we promised we would do in a future trip since it's been a tradition for us, but one we didn't do at Thanksgiving. Honestly I preferred Tusker House so much more and would love to do that again...but the cost...ouch! :eek:

Can't wait to read more!
I can't wait to ride Soarin' again :goodvibes After Chris and I rode it I actually couldn't wait for Ricky and Steve to ride it, and Steve couldn't understand what all the excitement was about since I wasn't a fan before.
Yup, GG started breakfast last Nov! We're pretty much done with character meals too, unfortunately, and it kind of makes me sad. Chris has requested one on the last 2 trips but I have a feeling he won't be on our next trip. I can secretly hope for one more......

Yes fingers crossed for Soarin'!

I hear you on the 10 months of basketball. My DD is into dance - and she cannot be an average 6 year old - she has to tap, ballet, and hip hop! That equals 6 recitals a year and she is only allowed to miss 3 classes a semester! Ugh So Disney is her 1 miss - poor girl is has to be dying to miss dance. Hahaha

So funny if we live so close (relatively) and meet at Disney! It's a Small World After All (sorry could not resist)

And on a side note - Empire State Starbucks still has Gingerbread Lattes in stock! Week has not been so bad after all! Every day I open my app and pray I can place an order! :rotfl:

I can't wait to ride Soarin' again :goodvibes After Chris and I rode it I actually couldn't wait for Ricky and Steve to ride it, and Steve couldn't understand what all the excitement was about since I wasn't a fan before.
Yup, GG started breakfast last Nov! We're pretty much done with character meals too, unfortunately, and it kind of makes me sad. Chris has requested one on the last 2 trips but I have a feeling he won't be on our next trip. I can secretly hope for one more......

I know...we rode Soarin' first and then sent my brother and family on it with their FPs, but of course only my brother had ever done it before...and that was back in 2007 so I'm sure he didn't remember it anyway. The FP line for them took FOREVER though...it was crazy. My kids kept asking if we were sure they went through the right line?? Maybe they got in standby by mistake? Anyway my nephew also LOVED it of course.

I need to see what meals my family wants to eat in May. I kinda liked our November trip where we didn't have too many sitdown meals that we HAD to make...it made it easier. However there are a few places we may want to try in May. I *MIGHT* have made a few ADRs yesterday for May for fun ;) but of course they will probably change.

I hear you on the 10 months of basketball. My DD is into dance - and she cannot be an average 6 year old - she has to tap, ballet, and hip hop! That equals 6 recitals a year and she is only allowed to miss 3 classes a semester! Ugh So Disney is her 1 miss - poor girl is has to be dying to miss dance. Hahaha
Before I booked our adults only May trip I asked Ricky if he wanted to come; he said not "because there will most likely be a tournament that week". This would be for his spring travel team not school, but he would get so much crap for missing. Last year at the first tournament he ripped open his eyebrow so had to sit out the 2nd half and got his eyebrow glued together afterwards, but still played the next day even though the Dr. told him he couldn't. He only went to sit with the team but the coach wanted him to play and of course he wouldn't say no :rolleyes:

So funny if we live so close (relatively) and meet at Disney! It's a Small World After All (sorry could not resist)
It would be! But still cool to meet :thumbsup2

And on a side note - Empire State Starbucks still has Gingerbread Lattes in stock! Week has not been so bad after all! Every day I open my app and pray I can place an order! :rotfl:
Lol I hope they don't run out soon!

I need to see what meals my family wants to eat in May. I kinda liked our November trip where we didn't have too many sitdown meals that we HAD to make...it made it easier. However there are a few places we may want to try in May. I *MIGHT* have made a few ADRs yesterday for May for fun ;) but of course they will probably change.
I do enjoy when Steve and I go and we don't book all our meal ahead of time; it's fun to decide spur of the moment what we feel like and not be tied to so much of a schedule. Of course that's much easier to do without kids, especially kids who like/dislike different things!
So where did you make ADR's for?? Even though yes I'm sure they'll change :goodvibes

COLORTOPIA ME AVOCADO GREEN
I'm back! I know my southern friends are getting snowed on so basically all communication/movement/life in those states has stopped for the time being; I hope you all are ok with your inch or so of snow :P
I left off with our ride on Soarin' which was so totally cool. As fun as it was Christopher had something else on his mind, and it was a girl.....specifically Whitney @Whit64130. Since we missed her on Soarin' he was hoping we'd catch up with her somewhere else; I certainly didn't mind saying hello to her again :) We found her in the Imagination pavilion trying to make a Whitney Figment lol. We chatted for a few minutes and then she agreed to ride Figment with us! So we got on the 45 minute line
no wait! Not even 3 days before Thanksgiving did we have to wait on line! We walked right on although there were quite a few other cars of people which I must say was nice for a change. Chris chose to sit on the end so I sat in the middle and the 3 of us used our imagination to figure out from which direction we were going to be run over by a train and came out smelling like the opposite of roses :snooty: We hung out a bit more outside the pavilion, then said our good-byes once we could tell Chris had reached his patience limit.
Proof once again of our Dismeet:

Love her WL sweatshirt!
Chris keeping himself entertained before the "let's go mom" mantra started:

Since we still had time before WS opened we opted to try something new and went over to the one Innoventions building that's still open. Not sure if it's East or West but, you know, it's the one that's still open.
I'd heard about Colortopia and thought it sounded interesting, and I also thought it might be of more interest to Chris than Ricky. Therefore today would be a good day to try it.
But man it was sad to see Innovations so empty! I remember a few years ago when Piggy Bank Bazaar was in there, we all loved that. As well as the one where the rooms in your house were on fire and you had to put the fires out. And of course Sum of All Thrills which Ricky finally wanted to try right before they shut it down. Oh, well. Hopefully they'll do something cool with all that space one of these days.
Colortopia was pretty busy and we had to wait in line to get in to the "play" area. It's not all that big so they only allow a certain number of people in at once. In the first section you can spin wheels and see what certain colors mixed together look like:

Then there's a little game you can play. On the screen will appear a color and the name of the color; you move these slider things until the "color" in your canister matches the color on the screen. You can play by yourself or with others playing around the circle:

I couldn't figure out how the hell to work the slider things so I gave up after about 3 tries, but Chris did great and played for awhile. He became the:

There's another room where you use an electronic paintbrush to "paint" murals on the walls. Chris loved this! It's dark in there, I'm sure I could have taken a semi-decent picture but I just watched him and painted a little. He really enjoyed this and if you have kids, I'd say, 12ish and under and you have time it's worth checking out.
It was now time for our 2nd FP, Test Track! Our first had been SE about the time we left Whitney, but Chris didn't feel like riding :sad2: Test track however is his favorite Epcot ride and one of his top 4 Disney rides overall. We walked right in to the car design room and as usual Chris was in charge of our car:

Always a good ride! Off topic kind of but we learned a few neat things about Test Track when we did the Undiscovered Futureworld tour back in August. :)

I'm the cool one with the shades on, FYI.

I SO wanted to do SE and tried to get Chris to go on after TT but he just wasn't budging. Then I noticed the wait was 30 minutes anyway-nope. Plus it was almost 12:00 which meant WS time! Breakfast was wearing off so we decided our first stop would be for a snack. I managed one holiday topiary picture on our way out of FW:

On the walk over to WS we discussed what we wanted to eat. Chris wanted churros from the QS in Mexico. I like a couple items in Mexico, but I told him we needed to go inside the pavilion first before going to the QS. He wasn't thrilled but he had no choice: it's much more fun to sip a drink while on line for food than vice versa, especially when your drink is an avocado margarita!!!

Yup, made my kid take a picture of me and my alcohol :thumbsup2

I tried explaining this in my dining report from August but it's kind of hard....it doesn't taste like avocado IMO. It's a little sweet but not too sweet at all. It's thick and creamy.....all I can say is that I never thought I'd like it but had to try it because everyone talks about it here and I'm so glad I did back in Aug. Had to have it again!
After I took care of myself we went and got snacks at La Cantina De San Angel-churros for Chris and empanadas for me. We then backtracked to the Mexico pavilion to ride the Grand Fiesta Tour. I enjoy this ride even though it's nothing major, and my favorite part are the fireworks on the ceiling!

Bye, Amigos!

After our trip around Mexico we took in some WS entertainment that was new to us. First we saw Margaret Almer and her Bavarian Band in Germany. She yodels and sings.....I was interested to see her since I'm part German and Margaret had a nice voice and she could definitely yodel, but it wasn't really our thing:

We watched for a few minutes. I'll tell you though, for a woman who looked to be in her 60's she was rockin' her black leather pants :cool1: I read yesterday that there's a new band playing in Germany now, so not sure Margaret's still there.

Next we watched Sergio in Italy. I can't believe we've never caught him before, he's great!

I don't have any pictures of this but he does involve the audience and it was pretty hysterical. When he was done we looked around one of the shops in Italy and Chris picked out some chocolate which I don't have a picture of, and I bought a neat shirt with a Minnie head, her bow made of macaroni and it says "Ciao Italia, Epcot". Sorry, no picture of that either!
We decided to head back to Beach Club after that. It was around 3:45 and Chris wanted to change before we went to our evening destination. Where was it?

I swear, we were NOW heading to Disney Springs!!

UP NEXT: IT'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL....SHOPPING MALL? WITH A TINY BIT OF DISNEY THROWN IN

I left off with our ride on Soarin' which was so totally cool. As fun as it was Christopher had something else on his mind, and it was a girl.....specifically Whitney @Whit64130. Since we missed her on Soarin' he was hoping we'd catch up with her somewhere else; I certainly didn't mind saying hello to her again :) We found her in the Imagination pavilion trying to make a Whitney Figment lol.
I really hate we missed Soarin' together! But at least we did still get to meet up this day!

Chris keeping himself entertained before the "let's go mom" mantra started:
Sorry I am to blame!

Chris wanted churros from the QS in Mexico.
These Churros are my absolute FAVORITE!

Next we watched Sergio in Italy. I can't believe we've never caught him before, he's great!
I actually got to watch him for awhile on my EPCOT day! I hope he is out when we take the girls! They will get a kick out of him!

@Whit64130 I can't seem to quote from my IPad tonight but it was not your fault lol! I was ignoring him too long, I could've stood there chatting with you for hours :)

There's another room where you use an electronic paintbrush to "paint" murals on the walls. Chris loved this! It's dark in there, I'm sure I could have taken a semi-decent picture but I just watched him and painted a little. He really enjoyed this and if you have kids, I'd say, 12ish and under and you have time it's worth checking out.
We may need to check this out next month. My girls love anything art related.

I SO wanted to do SE and tried to get Chris to go on after TT but he just wasn't budging.
You just need to come when we are there, My girls LOVE SE! All of it, from the ride itself to the silly "future" coming back to the present!

I tried explaining this in my dining report from August but it's kind of hard....it doesn't taste like avocado IMO. It's a little sweet but not too sweet at all. It's thick and creamy.....all I can say is that I never thought I'd like it but had to try it because everyone talks about it here and I'm so glad I did back in Aug. Had to have it again!
I may need to put this on my list. I love avocados, but I just don't know if I would like it in drink form. But I am kind of curious what it tastes like.

These Churros are my absolute FAVORITE!
He loves them! They are really good :goodvibes I found some frozen ones in the grocery store but they do not compare to the ones down there

I actually got to watch him for awhile on my EPCOT day! I hope he is out when we take the girls! They will get a kick out of him!
He's been there for ages so hopefully they keep him around!

We may need to check this out next month. My girls love anything art related.
Then definitely check it out, they'll probably really enjoy it :thumbsup2

I may need to put this on my list. I love avocados, but I just don't know if I would like it in drink form. But I am kind of curious what it tastes like.
That's how I felt before I tried it - won't it taste gross in a drink? But I decided what the heck, it's only like $12 lol, and I'm so glad I did. Really it tastes nothing like I thought it would, it's so much better. The first time I had one was while we were eating at San Angel, but in Nov. I got one from La Cava. It was neat to watch them make it from scratch with fresh avocados.

Caught up here now too! I want to come on your next vacay. Looks like all the things I love most!

I know my southern friends are getting snowed on so basically all communication/movement/life in those states has stopped for the time being; I hope you all are ok with your inch or so of snow
Well here in midtown Atlanta we got a "dusting" of snow but it's too cold for my current arsenal of winter coats, which vary from "raincoat" to "lightly quilted" so it's really our lack of preparedness that makes us suffer so...

Oh and btw most metro area schools including the high school where R teaches closed 2 hours early in preparation for.... cold rain. WOMP WOMP.
Duh, of course you are! :cutie:

we learned a few neat things about Test Track when we did the Undiscovered Futureworld tour back in August.
You tease, give us at least one factoid! In fact, I will trade you one (that you probably already knew) from our Yuletide Fantasy - Test Track and the Mexico Pavilion are actually right next to each other backstage. Disney puts the cars in the middle of the Test Track circle outside so that you look at them and not at the show buildings nearby.

To me they taste like Pixie Sticks or Fun Dip. Can I have one right now?

my favorite part are the fireworks on the ceiling!
Mine too! I want this installed in my house...

Love her WL sweatshirt!

Me too!

I always wear shades on TT because the wind makes me eyes water.

Chris wanted churros from the QS in Mexico.

Ooo I never thought about getting churros from there. Adding that to my list!

:thumbsup2

It's a little sweet but not too sweet at all. It's thick and creamy.....all I can say is that I never thought I'd like it but had to try it because everyone talks about it here and I'm so glad I did back in Aug. Had to have it again!

They are so good!

As fun as it was Christopher had something else on his mind, and it was a girl.....specifically Whitney @Whit64130. Since we missed her on Soarin' he was hoping we'd catch up with her somewhere else; I certainly didn't mind saying hello to her again

Awww, that is just too adorable

We then backtracked to the Mexico pavilion to ride the Grand Fiesta Tour.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this ride. My favorite at Epcot

I was hoping to catch a performance on my second Epcot day only to find out that he wasn't performing that day. Glad you enjoyed. Sounds like fun

Maybe I'll be able to talk Steve into an Oct. trip!!

I'm tentatively planning an October trip!! Avacado margaritas anyone?

It's cool to be at an Epcot resort because you can enter the park via the IG.

Love that! I'm really looking forward to being so close to Epcot on this next trip.

wanted to try and find the not-so-secret "secret" door at the Beach Club that puts you mere steps from the IG entrance. I'd meant to look the night before b

I really need to try and find that door!

I finally figured out how to link my reports in my signature correctly

:banana: I had the hardest time with that too, I'm afraid to start a new TR because I can't remember how I linked it last time. Durp

So anyway shortly after we sat down Farmer Mickey walked by our table, and waved.

What the heck Farmer Mickey!?

We were thrilled to see a 10 minute SB wait posted. It ended up being maybe 13? Still not bad!

Sweet! Anything under 30 min at Soarin is awesome

I hope you all are ok with your inch or so of snow :P

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Off topic kind of but we learned a few neat things about Test Track when we did the Undiscovered Futureworld tour back in August. :)

I love those behind the scenes tidbits of info

What else are kids good for?:laughing:

Well here in midtown Atlanta we got a "dusting" of snow but it's too cold for my current arsenal of winter coats, which vary from "raincoat" to "lightly quilted" so it's really our lack of preparedness that makes us suffer so...
LOL! Before my sister moved to Alpharetta last year I made sure my nephews had North Face jackets! They also just got a dusting but my nephews basketball practice and game were cancelled. He wasn't happy :mad:

You tease, give us at least one factoid! In fact, I will trade you one (that you probably already knew) from our Yuletide Fantasy - Test Track and the Mexico Pavilion are actually right next to each other backstage. Disney puts the cars in the middle of the Test Track circle outside so that you look at them and not at the show buildings nearby.
We did learn about the pavilion being so close to TT, and some other pavilions being close to FW pavilions, too! OK, in TT at one point you round a corner and there is a small model of Walt's original prototype of EPCOT there. Also, at one part of the tour we stood underneath the outside track, pretty much where you first come outside. Our guide wanted to point out to us how much the track shook each time a car went by. They have to do this so the track doesn't expand too much in the heat or something like that. In any case it shakes so much it looks like it's going to fall down and it is beyond freaky! It's all I've thought about every time I've ridden TT since!

Mine too! I want this installed in my house...
That would be awesome!

I always wear shades on TT because the wind makes me eyes water.
I normally do too, plus my hair flies in my face and I look like an ape lol

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this ride. My favorite at Epcot
You know, I think it's completely underrated. We don't ride it every trip, but then when I do ride it I'm reminded how much I enjoy it :goodvibes

I'm tentatively planning an October trip!! Avacado margaritas anyone?
ME ME ME!!! Definitely pushing for us to go too ::yes::

Love that! I'm really looking forward to being so close to Epcot on this next trip.
As much as I prefer the theming and peacefulness of WL and AKL, the location of the Epcot resorts can't be beat!

I really need to try and find that door!
Check out the Yacht and Beach thread on the resorts board! I know it was a room in the 5000's but cannot remember the number.....

I had the hardest time with that too, I'm afraid to start a new TR because I can't remember how I linked it last time. Durp
Well as you see I finally figured it out but added my "updated" part :rotfl: and whenever I begin another one I guarantee I'll be saying sorry no link because I forgot how!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter