Coming to you Live from Disney World!-Take 2 AUG/SEPT WINNERS ANNOUNCED

For lunch on Wednesday, Brenda & Em dined at DHS'...

"For dessert we split a hot fudge sundae. I ate the whip cream and some of the fudge while Em enjoyed the ice cream."

"It was sooo good. Why did it disappear so quickly?" :confused3

"We were invited to lunch by a former Cast Member that randomly saw we were at WDW. We ate at the..."

"Em actually decided to try something new this time and the cheesesteak sandwich."

"She liked it enough to not miss ordering a burger. She really liked the chips as well."

"I went with the Angus burger with cheddar cheese on a Kaiser roll with the always awesome fries!"

"No dessert for us since we were told at lunch from our CM friend that they had received permission for a magical surprise...we were going to have a private tour of the Dream Suite in Cinderella's Castle!!!!!" :cool1:

"So forgive the brevity of the lunch update since we had our focus elsewhere!" ;)

"Here's a teaser photo or two..."

"What can I say...this was awesome!!!"

"We really didn't have room for dessert but the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake is addictive and I can't say no." ;)

"Em tried a new dessert. The Johnny Appleseed cake. Em liked it better than the chocolate cake. I had a bite and loved the spice cake taste. Very good but I'm still loyal to the toffee cake."

Brenda & Emily also did their first mother/daughter tea yesterday at the Grand Floridian's...

"We selected the Buckingham that included choice of tea, 5 assorted finge sandwiches, a tiny onion tart, scone, strawberry tart, and choice of dessert - either pastries and chocolate covered strawberries, trifle, or strawberries and cream."

"The finger sandwich choices were: cucumber and watercress with cream cheese, chicken curry, salmon, egg salad, and pear and gorgonzola."

"I loved the finger sandwiches but did substitute PB & J for the salmon version. Em liked all of them but the chicken curry was her least favorite."

"Next course, strawberry tart and scone with clotted cream and lemon curd."

"Oh my gosh, these were awesome! I loved the lemon curd."

"For "dessert", we both chose the strawberries & cream. It has a lovely presentation."

"Here are the other dessert options:"

Brenda trying her first ever Avocado Margarita from La Cava de Tequila...

"I may be in the minority but I wasn't a fan. It was too sweet. I guess I need to try a different one."

And another first for Brenda...

She said, "Before I share our lunch plans...I wanted to say that I tried a Dole Whip yesterday. I was going to share a Dole Whip float with Em but she took one spoonful and didn't like it."

"I on the other had found it delightful!! So refreshing on a hot day."

"For lunch we deviated from "the plan" and went to..."

"Em ordered a hot fudge sundae for dessert."

"Yum!!"

In case you are not already following along with Brenda's dining report from this trip, it's not too late to join in for all the delicious details from their 15 days of Disney dining. Here's the LINK.

Next we have our...

#2 DonaldDoleWhip

Pictured here with Em (Brenda's daughter) and Andrew (Vicki's son) at their dinner at Grand Floridian Café (Photo taken by Brenda).

Mr. DDW and his mother were at Disney World from 8/12 - 8/20 and he scored 302 points with the many updates that he sent to us during their trip.

Here are some of my favorite pictures from his updates:

Here is DDW's beautiful pic of the restaurant...

"Our first two courses were the Inguday Tibs in Brik and the Peri Peri Chicken Flatbread. I was so excited to see that Jiko was keeping peri peri chicken on the menu in some form (after removing it from the main courses last year), but this let me down. The peri peri flavor was extremely mild, and it was overwhelmed by the salty cheese."

KG's Peri Peri-roasted Chicken Flatbread with Lime Chakalaka, Lamb Chopper Cheese, and Pickled Sweet Bell Peppers

"The Tibs also weren't my thing, but I'm not a huge fan of fried, greasy foods. The apples, curry, and cilantro on the plate were delicious together."

Inguday Tibs in Brik - Mushroom, Spinach, and Cheese in crispy Tunisian Filo with Applies and Curry Vinaigrette

"The two salads were great once again."

"Mozambique-style" Tomato Salad with Heirloom Tomatoes, Peaches, Avocado, Mache, Arugula, and Feta Cheese

Jiko Salad with Heirloom Spiced Melon, Rocket, Mizuna, Peppered Chevre, and Blackberry Vinaigrette

"The monkfish, on the other hand, was less enjoyable this time. I noticed that the fish was rather salty, and it seemed like there were less vegetables on the plate. Considering the saltiness of the fish and the richness of the sauce, those veggies were needed to brighten the dish up."

Maize-crusted Monkfish served with Vegetables of the Moment and Tomato-Butter Sauce

"The lounge area is first-come, first-served, and I was able to grab a table across from the bar. The ambiance here is cool and modern - I could imagine this restaurant being successful in New York, Vegas, or LA."

Lounge Menu

"After looking at the awesome cocktail menu, I had to try the Serenity. Topped with a fresh basil leaf, it was delicious."

Serenity - Square One Vodka, St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur, Muddled Strawberries, Basil, Rosemary, and a splash of lime and pineapple juice

"One of the dishes I wanted to order was unavailable, so instead I got the chilled poached jumbo shrimp. This was a fun take on shrimp cocktail, served with four different sauces: bloody mary sauce, avocado purée, honey mustard, and thousand island/russian/french (I honestly can't remember what it was!). The creamy avocado was my favorite, but I enjoyed them all."

"I also had the scallop ceviche. I hadn't thoroughly read the menu when I ordered this, so eating this was truly an adventure. I loved it. The scallop pieces were floating on a sweet, fluffy foam (the menu says it was coconut), and there was also some nice heat in the dish. This was a great balance of sweet, savory, and acidic."

"Finally, dessert."

"I chose the citrus pavlova with mandarin cream and grapefruit gelée. This reminded me of a seriously elevated creamsicle, thanks to the flavor/texture contrast from the bitter grapefruit and crisp meringue."

"I'm so glad I finally made it back to Bluezoo, because everything was great. With its creative menu and plethora of seafood options, bluezoo has quickly become a favorite of mine!"

"CHH is one of my favorite quick service locations. I like the grilled salmon there, but this time I just felt like a side. My choice was steamed broccoli."

"This really hit the spot - I love when menus include healthier options!"

"Probably because we're celebrating a birthday, we received these zebra domes in our room a few hours before our Boma dinner. What a nice surprise!"

"Lunch was at..."

"The atmosphere is very modern and serene."

Table setting

View from my table

"My choice was the Chirashi Zushi from the special menu. This was exactly what I felt like - a big bowl of seafood! Combined with the wasabi, pickled ginger, and warm sushi rice, this was a satisfying lunch."

"Dessert was also included. I chose the green tea soft serve, which was super creamy and had a strong matcha flavor."

- continued in next post -​

He said, "For dinner, I had made a reservation here since we were both missing it. My mom still wasn't feeling well, though, and I didn't want to cancel due to the credit card guarantee. As such, I headed to Wilderness Lodge alone."

"Due to the circumstances of the evening, I didn't feel like having a full meal. Instead, I just chose the main course that sounded most appetizing to me..."

Pan Roasted Alaskan Halibut with Blue Crab Pierogi, Truffle Butter, Toy Box Squash, and Meyer Lemon Emulsion

"I absolutely loved this. The halibut was perfectly cooked, and the pierogi was stuffed with tender crab pieces. Combined with the rich flavor of truffle butter and sweet Meyer lemon emulsion, this is a dish I could happily have again. I strongly believe my mom would have loved it."

"The squash on the plate was fresh, colorful, and nicely prepared."

He said, "From Artist Point, I headed over to the Epcot area and caught a
gorgeous sunset."

"Dinner on Saturday was at..."

Bread basket

"We all started with the heirloom tomato salad. This was a great dish, combining tomato, sweet watermelon, creamy burrata, and even some watercress from The Land."

"My mom and I split the salmon as our main course. We both thought this was beautifully presented and delicious, with interesting touches such as the hibiscus gel."

Columbia River Salmon served with Farro Fried Rice, Hibiscus Gel, Mushroom, and Finger Lime

"Later, we once again got dessert from Boardwalk Bakery and brought it back to the room."

"The napoleon was better than the one from Les Halles - the pastry cream wasn't too thick and eggy."

"The mocha cupcake was also great. Light chocolate cake was perfectly paired with a coffee-flavored frosting. This is the only cupcake we've had down here, and it was a good choice."

He said, "On Sunday, we spent some time at Animal Kingdom. I grabbed my breakfast from..."

All food on display

"The colossal cinnamon roll lives up to its name!"

"I chose the African spice cake and really enjoyed it. It was moister than I was expecting, with a warm flavor and creamy filling that reminded me of pumpkin pie."

"We had lunch at..."

"I got the smoked chicken salad with dressings on the side (it came with balsamic vinaigrette and chipotle vinaigrette). The salad had too many tortilla chips on it for me, but once I removed most of them, I enjoyed it."

"After a few rides, we were hungry for a snack, so we stopped at the vegetarian kiosk. I believe this is the location that used to serve 'boneless wings' (aka chicken nuggets) with teriyaki sauce."

Everything on display

"We split the samosas and really enjoyed them - they were nicely spiced, but not overwhelming. The raisin and carrot slaw underneath was extremely refreshing, with a pleasant mint flavor."

"Starring Rolls is still offering summer cupcakes."

He said, "After a nap in the room, I headed back to one of my favorite spots in Epcot."

"I chose coconut white chocolate ice cream with pineapple sorbet and rum. It was an impromptu piña colada!"

"First impression - it's absolutely gorgeous. Second impression - wow, it's strong! They definitely poured a lot of alcohol in there. Third impression - combining all three flavors (mainly the pineapple and creamy coconut) is heaven."

"I don't know if I'll have this again, but I loved trying it once!"

Congrats Mr. DDW ... you beat me!! :rotfl2: If Barb had gone with the points deduction for the side of broccoli as a snack I may have had a chance! :lmao:

Gosh everything is looking good right now. Even those zebra domes - which I have yet to try.

And finally we have our...

#1 JintyB

Jeanette & her DH and DD

Jeanette & family plus friends were at Disney World from 8/8 - 8/25 (they also took a short cruise on the Disney Dream during this time). Jeanette scored a whopping 467 points with the many updates that she sent to us during their trip.

Here are some of my favorite pictures from her updates:

"Lunch was at...

"DH had the plaza club with fries"

"He cleared the plate so I'm guessing it was good!"

"I had the grilled reuben with chips- the chips were amazing!"

"Whilst we didn't anticipate being able to fit dessert in, that didn't stop us from ordering it!"

"DH had a plaza sundae with min chocolate chip, so good he finished it!"

"I had the banana split but subbed raspberry sorbet for the strawberry ice cream. This was so nice I actually ate most of it!"

"DD had the chocolate brownie and whilst she only had a few mouthfuls, this further confirmed her view that this was the best meal she'd ever had!"

"We wouldn't hesitate to come back here, great food and excellent service!"

Jeanette said, "Breakfast yesterday was at...

"Seven of us dined and had..."

"Eggs Benedict - delicious!"

"Western omelette without meat."

"Kids pancakes"

"Eggs any style (scrambled)."

"Rice Krispies - snap, crackle, pop!"

"DH had the Breakfast platter..."

All-You-Care-to-Enjoy Breakfast Platter with scrambled eggs, Western house fries, bacon, sausage, waffles, buttermilk pancakes, biscuits & sausage gravy

"And finally, somebody wanted ketchup...!"

"I thought I was awake and alert early but our server was something else! Fab time had by all!"

And Jeanette's dinner on Sunday was at Japan's...

Here's what they had...

"Drinks - Frozen Kirin and iced green tea."

Steak and shrimp

Scallops

Steak

Then their desserts...

Chocolate ginger cake

"Green tea cheesecake with a candle for our anniversary - this was so good."

"And they gave my DH an origami ring to present me with. You will have to just wonder if my right hand is really that big!!!"

"And we ended last night watching Illuminations from the steps of Teppan Edo - great view and no jostling."

"The whole dining experience and food here was awesome. We will definitely return."

Jeanette said, "We cancelled our reservation at Liberty Tree Tavern in favour of lunch back at the hotel."

"We ate here:"

"We started with Western Chips..."

Western Chips with venison chili, cheese dip, and fresh salsa

"These were really good - especially the gooey cheese!"

"DD and I had the chicken sandwich with fries, she had the chipotle spread on the side."

Grilled Herb-marinated Chicken Sandwich on corn dusted roll, roasted peppers and chipotle spread

"DH had the pulled pork sandwich. "Properly amazing" was his review!"

Slow-smoked Pulled Pork Sandwich on a Brioche roll with Cowboy-style baked beans, sweet ancho-barbecue sauce, and Western Slaw

"Even though the restaurant was very quiet, our server (and others) were friendly and fun without being over the top. Check out our refills."

"France was calling. "Sadly the pink one wasn't available, so Citron slushie it was."

"These melted so fast, it was an effort to keep ahead so as to not spill a drop. I rose to the challenge."

She said, "Dinner on Wednesday was at..."

Scotch egg - yummy."

Mary and the Lads - Roasted Shrimp Cocktail with Spicy Bloody Mary mix

And for their entrees...

Fish and chips

Vegetable pie 'n' mash with seasonal vegetables, mushrooms, potatoes and cheddar cheese

Roasted Rack Pork with Colcannon Potatoes, Roasted Apples, and Whole-Grain Mustard Jus

"DH said this was really good."

And then desserts...

Jaffa tarts - Orange cream-filled cakes with chocolate ganache, raspberry sauce, and fresh oranges

Roasted Peach cheesecake with Almond Brittle

Knickerbocker Glory - Kids Ice Cream & Fruit Sundae

Jeanette said, "By this point all seven of us were pirates or mermaids, but alas, there's no rum in the Magic Kingdom!"

"So we had snacks from..."

Dole whip float

Coke float

"Judging by the attention we were getting, it isn't every day you get to see pirates eating dole whips! And in case anyone is interested - here's the crew..."

Edward Seagull and James Seagull (DH)

Angel Ironeagle (DD)

Joan Rigspinner (me)

Jake and a mermaid

And our final mermaid

"We figured the make-up would be gone quickly in the heat, but it stayed on all day."

"The Pirates League was such fun. The cast members there were brilliant and really up for some messing about."

She said, "On Saturday we did EMH at HS, opting for an early lunch over breakfast. We dined here..."

"Appetisers..."

Onion rings

"Lettuce wedge (everything on side!)"

"Fried herb and garlic cheese - this was so nice, but having already been told off for elbows I figured I shouldn't lick the plate clean!"

"Drinks:"

"PB & J shake - I was worried this would be too sweet, but the peanut butter balances it perfectly."

"Strawberry shake - DH said it was the best shake he'd ever had!"

"Real cherry coke."

"Entrees..."

"A sampling of mom's favourites."

"Aunt Liz's golden fried chicken."

"Everything was great tasting but due to the huge portions there were no clean plate stickers for us!"

"DD had the S'mores - she has looked forward to this dessert for two years and it didn't disappoint."

"Another great meal, very relaxed, great server."

"And a Disney kind of lunch from..."

All-American Sundae - old-fashioned vanilla and chocolate ice cream with hot fudge, peanut butter drizzle, whipped cream and a cherry

Ice cream cookie sandwich - two freshly baked chocolate-chip cookies served with your choice of hand scooped ice cream

Monstrous 'Eye Scream' Sundae - a Limited Magic sundae
Two scoops of mint chocolate chip ice cream with hot fudge, topped with whipped cream and adorned with chocolate cookie horns, a white chocolate eye “lollipop,” and a cherry

"We ate this sugary loveliness in front of the castle. It softened the blow when the show was rained off!"

Jeanette said, "We met our friends in the evening and tried to eat at Beaches & Cream, but there was a two hour wait. So we walked across to..."

"We shared appetisers:"

Jalepeno spinach cheese dip

Guacamole and chips

Veggie Quesidilla

Chicken Nachos

"These were all good but were massive - we could have all left happy after these alone."

"However, as if by magic, entrees arrived:"

"Shrimp and Scallop Penne Pasta - it completely disappeared so I'm guessing it was good!"

Mushroom Swiss Burger (with extra mushroom and veg and no burger!)

Hickory Bacon Burger

Big Brew Cheeseburger

"These photos are deceptive as these were the biggest plates of food ever! So, we forced down what we could - the burgers were delicious and the chips really fresh so we all felt bad about leaving so much food on the plate. Is this a British thing?"

"Of course, that didn't stop us ordering dessert, although we just ordered two between seven of us."

Chocolate confusion

New York Cheesecake

"I would eat here again, food and service were excellent, but would make sure I arrived really hungry or share entrees."

- Continued in next post with some of Jeanette's cruise food photos. -​

"Tonight was pirate night. We LOVE being pirates."

Me, DD, DH

"Dinner was in the..."

"We had:"

Kids mac 'n' cheese

Mr. Smee's Bibb Lettuce Salad - with bibb lettuce, baby greens, chicory, tomatoes, toasted pine nuts and raspberry vinaigrette

Black Beard's Jumbo Crab Cake - with golden raisin-carrot and coconut slaw served with a spicy Calypso dressing

Pearls of the Caribbean - crabmeat, shrimp and salmon mixed in pearls of couscous with lemon grass infused vinaigrette

"Pirates Golden "Pot Stickers" - oriental pork "dumplings" deep fried and served with a tamarind-ginger soy sauce and pickled vegetables - so good."

Treasures of the Seas Grilled Shrimp and Seared Scallops - served on strings of pasta and fresh creamy tomato sauce

The Dutchmen's Dijon-Crusted Sirloin of Beef - thick cut of beef with oven-roasted sweet potatoes and a black spot tomato with deep red wine glaze

Castaway Chicken Breast - rubbed with Pirate Island Spice, rice and beans, and fried okra on rich spiced glaze

Jack Sparrow's Barbecue Marinated Beef Short Ribs - Rubbed beef short rips with tamarind-barbecue sauce and served with onion red bliss mashed potatoes and plantain chip

"These were so good I ordered another portion! The second serving actually had its plantain chip too, but I didn't photograph it."

Tiger Lilie's Savory Pancakes - stuffed with tofu, spinach, and lashed to the deck on a pool of pepper coulis

Baked salmon with potato and vegetables

She said, "For our day at sea we had lunch at the..."

"DH had the strawberry soup - he said it was like eating milkshake with a spoon. I am assuming that is a compliment??"

Pomegranate glazed duck breast

"Almost the same as the one from the dinner menu, but without the jello cubes!"

Poached salmon with fingerling potatoes and lemon hollandaise

"This was 'lick the plate' lovely."

Fettucine pasta with meatballs

And for dessert...

Tiramisu

"Yummmmmmmmm."

"We have had a fantastic holiday, but all good things must come to an end."

"Not sure when we'll be back, but we have loads of happy memories to keep us going."

And then Jeanette's hilarious response to my announcement that she had scored a total of 467 points...

Ahem...thanks :blush: Coincidentally, 467 is the number of pounds I gained over those three weeks.

I still have a few of those pounds to shift, but they are gradually going! :lmao:

Thanks for posting the results - I have read everyone's and they've been really useful as in two weeks time we'll be making ADRs for August this year :goodvibes We didn't think we'd be back so soon, but we found a way :yay: DD doesn't know yet - she'll find out next weekend on her birthday, so lots of excitement ahead. :cheer2: ...although it will feel weird to NOT email someone I've never met before the full details of every morsel that passes our mouths! :rolleyes: :lmao:

Thanks for the great thread(s) Barb and all those who've contributed :grouphug:

Sorry the live reports ended about a year ago with the Coming to you Live from Disney World - Take 3 thread. I haven't had a chance to update my profile to include the link to the 3rd and final live thread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter