Coming to you Live from Disney World!-Take 2 AUG/SEPT WINNERS ANNOUNCED

TeresaG's other update sent yesterday was from their lunch at Magic Kingdom's...

Liberty Tree Tavern

Teresa said, "I was starting to feel the effects of deluxe dining... We had lunch at LTT after a light breakfast at CP. Our table was decorated for our anniversary." :)

"I started with Tavern Fried Cheese with marinara sauce."

"DH had the New England Clam Chowder."

"For our entrees we split the New England Pot Roast... Our Tavern Keeper's Favorite - braised beef in a cabernet wine and mushroom sauce served with mashed potatoes and garden vegetables."

"And also the Colony Salad - Washington apples, sweet pecans and applewood smoked cheddar, dried cranberry Craisins, and grilled chicken tossed with field greens in honey shallot vinaigrette."

"The kitchen split them for us before bringing it to our table. The pot roast was tasty, but the salad was the clear winner. Maybe because I wanted a lighter lunch, but it was phenomenal. Light, crisp, and tasty. The chicken was a little warm and the dressing was light and delicious."

"For Dessert we both got the Ooey Gooey toffee cake."

"We both loved it."

2 September Game Points Earned

Lori (vettegirl) also sent us an update yesterday, this one from her lunch at...

She said, "We went right when they open and had a beautiful view."

"They took my favorite item off the menu green curry shrimp. :( However the Mahi Mahi spicy curry was amazing."

"Boy did it make my eyes water. I also had the spicy Durban shrimp, with basmati rice."

"Peter had the spicy Durban chicken and beef short ribs."

"We also had the naan bread service."

"The spicy naan is fantastic. We had jalapeño pickle chutney, cucumber raita, and mango chutney."

"Service was very good. Sad to say it was our last meal today."

3 September Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for name/menu pic and view pics

And since that was Lori's final update, it's now time to say...

Thanks so much for being a Live Reporter... Good Job!!! :thanks:

vettegirl's Total Aug./Sept. Game Points Earned = 45

We also heard from Miss Potts yesterday, starting with a couple of updates from the Polynesian resort's...

King Kamehameha Club Lounge

She said, "One last update from Sunday night....

"Some desserts from the lounge."

"We had the yummy brownies, a chocolate mouse, and a cheesecake tart!"

Then she also had breakfast at the lounge yesterday morning.

"Raisin bran, cinnamon bun, and some grapes!"

10 September Game Points Earned

Next we have Miss Potts' three part update from yesterday at the Polynesian resort.

Part I showed the Evening Offerings yesterday at the...

King Kamehameha Club Lounge

Vegetable Sushi Rolls, California Sushi Rolls, and Tuna Poke with Spicy Mayo

Pineapple & Caramel Sauce, Fresh Fruit and Cheeses

Here is what Miss Potts chose...

"Then we went outside to the fire pit to roast a marshmallow...Please excuse my crazy hair!"

"Then back to the lounge a little later for desserts..."

"If you are following my pictures, you saw DH wearing a Dolphins shirt... We couldn't plan anything tonight so that he could watch the game so.... during halftime of the MNF game... I went to Captain Cooks for pork nachos and a kids cheeseburger!"

"The pork nachos were delicious! I was actually inspired to get them from another reviewer on this thread! Thanks!' :thumbsup2

"And that is all from Monday! I think I need to start Tuesday with a run.... Hehehe!!"

9 September Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for sign and pic of Miss Potts

Hello!! I see many people staying club level at the resorts. I am trying to convince my husband that some day in our near future that we should do it (as an adults only trip :) ). In your opinions is it worth it?! Do you also get the meal plan or just pay OOP?? Thanks in advance!!!

Our First Update of the Day was sent to us this morning by MichelleWDWfan.

This was from her dinner on Saturday night at...

Michelle said, "We both chose the signature appetizer duo and the signature duo entree."

Signature Flying Fish Cafe Appetizer Duo:
Crispy Maine Coast Jonah Crab Cake and Caesar Salad

Signature Flying Fish Cafe Entree Duo:
Char-crusted Angus NY Strip Steak and Potato-wrapped Red Snapper

"We asked to be seated at the counter in front of the kitchen. We were seated in front of the grill station. Joey enjoyed watching the chef grill all of the meats and fish...and stoke the oak wood fire."

"For dessert I had the chocolate selection..."

"It was really good and decadent."

"Joey chose the creme brulee but was too full to eat it so he had it wrapped to go."

5 September Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for sign, menu, and First Update of the Day

Michelle also sent us four more updates today, the next one from their pre-park opening breakfast on Sunday at Magic Kingdom's...

She said, "It was a treat to walk down an empty Main Street and get pictures."

"We love the Crystal Palace buffet breakfast."

"I enjoyed my favorite Mickey waffles, the puffed French toast, egg frittata and bacon."

"I also tried some quinoa hot cereal that had raisins in it. It was good!"

"Joey had a freshly made omelette, and a few other plates that he ate before I got a picture... :laughing: I guess he was hungry."

"The characters were Pooh, Eeyore, Tigger and Piglet. Tigger was especially fantastic."

"Despite his whining about getting up too early, I think he was having a good time." :)

2 September Game Points Earned + 5 Bonus Points for sign, buffet pics, and pic of Michelle & Joey with Tigger

Michelle's next update was from their dinner on Sunday night at the Grand Floridian's...

Narcoossee's

She said, "The park closed at 7:00 for MNSSHP, so I made our ressie for 8:00. Joey was playing with my phone and deleted the sign, menu pic and appetizers. So I have the bread service...

...and also the entrees and my dessert."

"For apps we had lobster bisque and mussels. Then for our entrees, I had the filet and lobster tail...

"And Joey had the 14 oz ribeye and lobster tail."

"For dessert I had the gold dusted chocolate torte wrapped to go."

"Joey was too full for dessert, I'll explain why. After our apps, our meals came and we ate our lobster tails first. Then we started to eat our steaks and both were undercooked in the middle. We ordered them medium, and they were rare/medium rare. We asked our server to please have them cooked a little longer. Surprisingly they didn't cook them longer. We were brought out 2 new plates, with new steaks and sides...including two more lobster tails! :eek: We were blown away by the service. The new steaks were perfect."

"To top off the evening we watched HalloWishes fireworks from the outside walkway of the restaurant and they piped in the music. It was comical...as soon as the music started almost all of the patrons including us went out to see the show. The view was perfect! It looked better from Narcoossee's than it did inside the park on Friday night. Joey said it was the best fireworks display he'd ever seen."

5 September Game Points Earned

Sadly yesterday was Michelle's last day at Disney World. :sad1: They began their final day by heading to the Polynesian to have breakfast at...

"We love the bread, the coffee, the characters and especially the juice."

3 September Game Points Earned + 5 Bonus Points for sign, pic of Joey, and pic Michelle & Joey with Mickey

Then for her final update of their trip...

Michelle said, "Monday after breakfast we spent our last 4 hours at Epcot. It was much less crowded. Joey wanted to try the Hawaii booth and had Tuna poke." (see other Live Thread for pics)

"We also stopped for fish 'n chips at...

"They were giving out samples of Ocean Spray craisins near the Cranberry Bog between Future World and World Showcase."

"We ended up bringing a lot of snacks home. We had 8 left in addition to all the candy we got trick or treating at MNSSHP."

And speaking of MNSSHP, here are Michelle and Joey in costume...

4 September Game Points Earned + 4 Bonus Points for sign/menu and pic of Michelle & Joey with Mickey

And since that was Michelle's final update, it's now time to say...

Thanks so much for being a Live Reporter... Great Job!!! :thanks:

MichelleWDWfan's Total Aug./Sept. Game Points Earned = 115

I love that photo of Michelle and Joey with D&D!

It's lunchtime here and thanks to Miss Potts updates, I'm really wishing I had some pork nachos on hand, lol. :)

We have received our First Update of the Day and it was from TeresaG.

She said, "Our trip is over, but I still have some catching up to do!"

Citricos

"Citricos was our favorite signature dining. I was expecting Narcoossee's to be the fave, but Citricos was amazing. I'm just going to put it out there; after an entire day of eating on deluxe dining, I was fast approaching a food wall (which I slammed into during this dinner and lasted the entire next day -ugh). I didn't know such a thing existed, but it does apparently."

"We started with drinks. DH had a beer and I had a glass of white sangria."

Bread service...

"Then appetizers. We had 2 courses of appetizers."

"I started with the...

Arancini - Crispy Risotto with Crimini Mushrooms, Asiago, and Charred Tomato Coulis

"This was good, but I didn't eat the whole thing. I was trying to save room."

"DH had the...

Cheese Course Trio - Murcia al Vino from Spain, Fourme d'Ambert from Auvergne, France, and Petit Agour from Basque region of France

"He really enjoyed this!"

"Next up I had the crispy fried yellow tomato with buffalo mozzarella."

"I really enjoyed this! The fried tomato was very tasty and went really well with the cheese (which actually really tasted like buffalo, and not just fresh mozzarella). DH had a few nibbles as well, and finished off my salad which I only took a few bites of."

"DH had a tapas course."

Ashley Farms Chicken B'steeya in crisp dough with orange blossom honey and toasted almonds

"This was very tasty! He loved it. The flavors were very interesting, but went really well together. I had a small bite and agreed. Very tasty."

"For our entrees I had the...

Oak-grilled Filet of Beef - Spanish Onions, Peppadew and Banana Peppers, Quattro Formaggi-Potato Puree, and Glace de Viande

"Sadly this was the point that I slammed into the food wall. I could only take a couple bites before I literally could not eat another thing. I was so sad. The filet was very, very good, but I just could not do it. DH did nibble on it a little, but in the end more of this was wasted than should have been."

"And DH had the...

Madeira-braised Short Ribs - Trofie Pasta, Wild Mushroom Ragout, and Truffle Creme Fraiche and a side of scallops

"He loved every single thing about this dish. The short ribs were perfection and the scallops were light and tasty. He was thrilled with this choice."

"Since I had slammed into the food wall I could not even THINK about dessert. DH was pretty full too so he didn't mind, but you know it's bad when I won't eat dessert." :sad2:

"Our server brought out a small ice cream and champagne for our anniversary which was very sweet."

5 September Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for menu, pic of Teresa, and First Update of the Day

We have received the final two updates from Megan (Riles_and_Gabe) today, as sadly their trip came to an end yesterday. :worried:

She said, "On Monday we went to San Angel Inn for dinner. Even though we were pretty full from the Food & Wine Festival it has always been a dream of mine to eat here. "

Kids menu...

"We had the first seating and were lucky enough to get a seat right at the water edge. Gabrian was fascinated by the volcano."

"We had the complimentary chips and salsa. We didn't like either of the salsas, so the waiter brought Gabrian ketchup to dip the chips in. I thought it was gross but Gabrian loves any excuse to eat ketchup." ;)

"I had the classic Margarita and it was really good."

"We shared a couple of appetizers for dinner and it was the perfect amount of food."

"We had the pork appetizer with the avocado sauce served on the side...

and the Tortilla soup."

"Gabrian took over the soup and I had the pork appetizer. I thought they were both really good."

"When it was time for my turn with the soup, Gabrian had eaten most of the broth and cheese out of it and I was left with soggy Tortilla strips!"

"Gabrian finished off his meal with a scoop of caramel ice cream."
(no pic received)

"I thought the food was really good and hope to return in the future to have a whole meal. I would definitely recommend getting a reservation at 4:30 to get the good tables."

5 September Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for name, kids menu, and pic of Gabrian

Then Megan & Gabrian's last update was from their lunch yesterday at Magic Kingdom's...

She said, "Our last day we went to Pecos Bill for lunch. Gabrian had the kid's hamburger...

... and I had the BBQ Bacon cheeseburger with onion rings on it."

"They were ok but I wish I had gone with the taco salad."

And for dessert...

"I am glad I gave them a try but will probably stick with Columbia Harbor House in the future."

"I have also included a picture of our Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich we got at World Premiere while we were waiting for the DME bus to take us back to the airport."

"We are safely back in Maine now and trying to recover from our vacation! The good news is that we have booked the Bounce Back offer and look forward to returning to Disney next year!!" :thumbsup2

4 September Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for sign and pic of Gabrian

And since that was Megan's final update, it's now time to say...

Thanks so much for being a Live Reporter... Great Job!!! :thanks:

Riles_and_Gabe's Total Aug./Sept. Game Points Earned = 164

We also received Eric's (VikingInMouseEars) final update today.

This was from a special dining event which he attended at SeaWorld...

Dining with Jack Hanna

He said, "This was a good time and even though there were maybe 150 people we did get about 5 or so minutes of personal time with Jack, I guess he liked our looks as other people were just shuffled through." ;)

"Me and my new best buddy."

""The dinner took place in the Dine With Shamu area. Here are some general pics of the area..."

"Next some buffet pics..."

"We each received a complimentary alcoholic drink."

"My plate ...

... dessert plate."

"All the food was very good and high quality. I am guessing it's the same food you get at the Dine With Shamu dinner."

"After dinner we were treated to a private Shamu show with 2 whales. The trainers were very informative about Killer Whales.

We enjoyed this experience with Jack and the whales very much and would not hesitate to do it again."

3 September Game Points Earned + 7 Bonus Points for buffet pics, misc. pics, and pic of Eric with Jack

Everything looks great! Love the MNSSHP party costumes of Michelle and her son! We're excited to go to the party too!

I've already made some changes to my dining itinerary. OMG I've never been this OCD about ADRs before. I think I have my family worried. lol I had cancelled CG because all the bad reviews scared me off but now I have it back. (I know, I know.) I think it's all set now though and ready to roll.

Also, Jeremiah ended up getting Friday off so instead of driving all night to get there we're leaving early Friday morning, stopping for the night in Valdosta, GA, and up early Saturday morning and driving on in the rest of the way. I had planned on ordering a pizza delivery and hanging out at the pool, but since we're arriving early we're hitting DHS until their 6:00 closing and then dinner at Il Mulino. Another first for us!

So anxious for our adventure to begin!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter