College program apartment question

Emilee81189

Earning My Ears
Can anyone tell me exactly what is included in the apartments? Like what kind of appliances and things they come with. Thanks so much!

Emily

The kitchen has a stove, refrigerator, and a microwave. Any other appliances that you want, you have to supply. However, the kitchen is fully stocked with glasses, plates, silverware, pots, pans, and other misc. cookware.

The apartments also come with a couch, chair, and coffee table for the living room; a table and chairs for the dining room; and 2 beds, 2 nightstands, and 1 dresser for each bedroom. There's also 2 bulletin boards in each bedroom and 1 in the living room or dining room.

In Chatham and Patterson there are also dishwashers in each apartment, and they also provide various pots and pans, dishes, silverware, and cups. No cooking utensils though, we had to buy better kitchen knives and a wisk and potatoe masher.

In Chatham and Patterson there are also dishwashers in each apartment, and they also provide various pots and pans, dishes, silverware, and cups. No cooking utensils though, we had to buy better kitchen knives and a wisk and potatoe masher.

Wait, are there are NOT dishwashers in Vista? I was planning on living in Vista but no dishwashers would be a dealbreaker for me...

HyperionDreamer said:
Wait, are there are NOT dishwashers in Vista? I was planning on living in Vista but no dishwashers would be a dealbreaker for me...

I def remember dishwashers in Vista, in addition to the pots, pans, plates, etc.

HyperionDreamer said:

Yup, there are. Don't worry about that.

No cutting boards, either. And the pots and pans, were, IMHO, terrible.

I think this all depends on the apartment and previous residents. The old tenants in ours took almost all of the pots and pans and utensils with them when they left, we don't know why. :lmao: But they just gave us brand new ones of everything we were missing, and it was great. They were nice and shiny and worked really well. But I know one of my roommates kind of messed our up for the next people in our apartment (she left one pot on high heat with nothing in it for 2 DAYS! :scared1::scared1::scared1:), and she had to pay a small fee for it.

(she left one pot on high heat with nothing in it for 2 DAYS! :scared1::scared1::scared1:), and she had to pay a small fee for it.

I literally jaw dropped the same time your emoticons did. Excuse me while I pick it off from the floor.

Seriously, some people...

I think this all depends on the apartment and previous residents. The old tenants in ours took almost all of the pots and pans and utensils with them when they left, we don't know why. :lmao: But they just gave us brand new ones of everything we were missing, and it was great. They were nice and shiny and worked really well. But I know one of my roommates kind of messed our up for the next people in our apartment (she left one pot on high heat with nothing in it for 2 DAYS! :scared1::scared1::scared1:), and she had to pay a small fee for it.

:lmao: Sounds like the stories my son told me about the college program.

:lmao: Sounds like the stories my son told me about the college program.

I swear, this girl had never been on her own in her life, and she had turned 18 two WEEKS before our move in date. It was bad enough that she was in entertainment, so she thought she was better than us, but we had to teach her how to use the laundry facilities. I still think the worst thing she did was running the dishwasher with liquid detergent. Not dish detergent, CLOTHES detergent. TWICE. IN A ROW.

We came home to find our whole apartment flooded, and she wanted maintenance to come clean it up for her, so we forced her to go check out a mp and clean it herself. As soon as that was done, she promptly closed the dishwasher back up, AND RESTARTED IT. :faint::faint::faint: We were so shocked, that she walked right past us and couldn't say anything for a few minutes. When the water (and bubbles!) started pouring out again, the screaming started, and she still didn't see how it was her fault.

I have never felt like acting violent against a person before, but she was it. I really wanted to just smack some sense in to her! :lmao:

Dear god. My condolences to your miserable roommate experience...

It's ok, thinking back now we can all only laugh. The rest of us in the apartment woulkd just go to one of our friends and let her deal with stuff herself. She was...interesting to say the least. :lmao:

I swear, this girl had never been on her own in her life, and she had turned 18 two WEEKS before our move in date. It was bad enough that she was in entertainment, so she thought she was better than us, but we had to teach her how to use the laundry facilities. I still think the worst thing she did was running the dishwasher with liquid detergent. Not dish detergent, CLOTHES detergent. TWICE. IN A ROW.

We came home to find our whole apartment flooded, and she wanted maintenance to come clean it up for her, so we forced her to go check out a mp and clean it herself. As soon as that was done, she promptly closed the dishwasher back up, AND RESTARTED IT. :faint::faint::faint: We were so shocked, that she walked right past us and couldn't say anything for a few minutes. When the water (and bubbles!) started pouring out again, the screaming started, and she still didn't see how it was her fault.

I have never felt like acting violent against a person before, but she was it. I really wanted to just smack some sense in to her! :lmao:

OMG! Okay, I put in liquid dishwasher soap ONCE because my husband (who was half asleep and I should had known better to ask him) said it was okay!! Good thing I caught it before having to check out a mop! We stayed in the smallest Chatham apartment too so yeah, there wasn't much room for the bubbles to go lol!

On the upside, at least she attempted to do the dishes? LOL!

How many refrigerators are in each apartment? There's only 1 in the 2 and 3-bedroom apartments, right? Are there 2 in the 4-bedroom apartments? I just can't imagine 8 people (who probably won't be eating the same meals) sharing 1 apartment.

DD is in a 3 bedroom in Chatham, that has 1 fridge. There was also a closet like pantry where each person took a shelf so things didn't get mixed up. They seemed to have enough room for all 6 to keep what they wanted in the fridge, the freezer did get a little tight though.

1) Do you have to bring your own tv even to the living room in any of the apartments?

2) How do they place you in apartments? Do you pick before you get there, how does it work?

3)Which one is more expensive..Patterson or Chatham?

Thanks!

1) Do you have to bring your own tv even to the living room in any of the apartments?

2) How do they place you in apartments? Do you pick before you get there, how does it work?

3)Which one is more expensive..Patterson or Chatham?

Thanks!
Yes there aren't any tvs anywhere in the apartments

If I remember right from when my sister went they place you in apartments on registration day whenever that is, and the earlier you get there the better apartment you get.

I don't know which of those two is more expensive, I want to say Chatham but I'm not sure..

So even if you request your roommates, you still have to wait for them to call out an apartment that you might want? Is it kind of like a first come first serve thing?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter