Club level let down

aimhi

luvin' my ears
i just got back from a week long stay at the BW club level. I have stayed club level at Beach and Yatch several times in the past years. I'm sorry to say that club level has gone way way down. The food offerings are so not what they use to be. Breakfast is just three cold cereals, oat meal two pastry choices, bagels, yogurt, lunch meat, some days they offered deviled eggs. Snack was chips cookies snack mix and little white bread sandwiches which where not good in my opinion. Dinner was one hot such as corn dogs or chicken nuggets soup bread cheese and lunch meat they offer four wines they pour for you now which you can only take two back to your room. They are not generous with the pours either. They still have soda and beer. Dessert is cookies and three different sweets. Again they pour the drinks for you. If you have stayed before you will know this is a huge cut back. In my opion save your money order from garden grocery have it delievered and spend the money on something else.

We recently stayed CL there as well and felt the exact same way. It was such a let down for all of the extra $.

It sure has. Our last GF CL stay was Aug 2014, and although some resorts started pouring, GF had not yet. I don't like this at all. Food was still great too. But hearing this repeatedly, I don't know if I'll book CL again. Especially with how much extra it is. Seems the past 2 yrs haven't been kind to CL.
I've also heard now you just have to wait in line at front desk check in. No more check in upstairs.
Only thing going up are prices, it's sure not service.

I don't like this either. We are doing club at Poly. Are they doing pouring there? Will I get "the look" if I come in multiple times per day asking for a beer? I don't want to feel like I am being limited and dealing th resistance ( even passive)

And the comment about waiting in line? That's terrible. Is that specific to BW or is this going to be the case at all moving forward?

I LOVED those little tea sandwiches on white bread they serve in the afternoon! But to each their own. :-) We've stayed CL at BWI and BC, and I definitely noticed the CL staff at BWI seemed to "hover" more, if that makes sense. They were very friendly, but the manager in particular seemed very focused on what everyone was eating and drinking and how much. The lounge at BC was way more laid back and enjoyable.

I agree about the food at all of the CLs -not just the BW. We were at the Poly last Feb and about 45 min before breakfast ended - they ran out of oatmeal - and didn't replenish. They handed me a packet of instant oatmeal. It was almost comical for the prices you pay. I really love the CMs at the BW though. Anita and Lorenzo are so much fun. We really enjoyed them. They made us feel at home. They never made us feel that we were eating too much - and our teenage DS can eat.

We did CL a couple of years ago. Won't waste my DVC points on it again. Highly....highly overrated.
We were lucky enough to be upgraded to CL one trip years ago and came away with the same feeling you have.

Last edited:
I stayed at CL just once...BC back in 2005. On our honeymoon and we got a surprise upgrade at check-in. We were gobsmacked! You should have seen us in the lounge...all wide eyed. Like the Clampetts.. "Are these sodas just to take??" We'd be squirreling away chocolate chip cookies and handfulls of goldfish crackers like they were gold LOL! In hindsight, it wasn't all that impressive. The room was super tiny for a deluxe too. Would never pay out of pocket for that, but it was nice when it was free.

And yet there are still people who say it was amazing, or who don't really use the services, but liked the convenience, or who never go to cocktail hour, but had some amazing desserts one night. All for $200 extra per night. Sometimes I just don't get it. Our next reservations are for POFQ and BWI std room.

We go back and forth on CL. Our teens enjoyed it more when they were younger. Now, they would rather be at the parks for as much of the time as possible. They prefer to be eating relatively continuously, rather than wait until we return to the CL lounge. They prefer the variety and quality of foods in the parks over the CL snacks. And honestly, they sometimes get a little tired of talking to CMs. :) Our youngest, on the other hand, loves CL. He loves the snacks. He loves the down time in the lounge. He loves meeting other kids in the lounge. And he REALLY loves talking to CMs. My husband is on the fence. He appreciates the lounge for the space and the ease of getting coffee and food - he dislikes CS of all kinds. But one gamble with CL is the CMs - it's really a downer when they aren't friendly and the increased interaction with CMs at CL can make that a factor. But in the end, when we stay CL, I'm glad we did. When we stay non-CL, I don't miss CL at all. It depends on the trip, the plans, and the discounts.

The crazy part of Disney's discounts is that I got a better price for Poly CL standard room then a Poly TPV non CL. Those were the only discounts left. The Poly non CL Standard room was only $50 less a night than the Poly CL Standard room. For our family we will save that on breakfast alone. This was all on day 2 of the discounts. For us CL was definitely worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter