clothes for photoshoot

White is not so good...photographers have had us all wear a light blue top...seems to be a good color rather than whites.

When we booked ours at the Poly they recommended a solid color, so we wore denim bottoms and a white t-shirt and they turned out really good. She said a lot of people wear tropical/hawaiian print shirts, and it makes it difficult to photograph because it blends into some of the the backgrounds.

They took photos in the lobby near the flowers, right outside by the flowers/waterfall, on the bridge in back by the pool, and on the beach, and the white really "popped" against the floral/tropical backgrounds.

I don't know if the backgrounds would be as much of an issue at SSR or GF, but I would say you're safe wearing a solid vs a print.

We were told no patterns no white. We had shots at GF and all wore shades of blue, from Navy for DH to Cinderella dress blue for DD. The photos turned out really well.

Best colors I have seen for family photos are solid colored tops in complementary shades of 1) Light to medium blue, 2) deep burgundy/dark brick red (not a bright, 'true' red), or, believe it or not, orange. I would go with whichever of the above colors your family members tend to look best in.

Most of our group are now gray haired, so the blues or burgundy reds both look great. As for orange... it is not a color I would have favored, but some of our best photos from last year were the day we all wore orange tops with tan shorts/capris.

2007-wdw-sci-fi-web.jpg

The DH and I wore white shirts with khaki shorts for him and khaki capris for me. I thought they turned out really good!

Does anyone have any photos from their photo shoot where they are wearing the bright Hawaiian prints? (Sorry in advance if some are posted and I have missed them).

I sort of think I would like the busy prints.

Since we already did a family portrait wearing off white last year, I am considering having us all wear pastel polos with khaki colored shorts. My DD had a white dress that has Disney princesses on it w/ the colors: pink, blue, yellow and green. So I thought it would be nice to "pull out" the colors from her dress.

A friend took our pic in our backyard with Hawaiian clothing 'last summer and got so many compliments on it. We actually live in NY and people thought we were somewhere else. I will post pic when I find it.

Here we are in hawaiian clothing - all the same print. DH wore shirt, DD wore dress, DS15 & DS11 wore shorts and I wore a sarong. Hopefully this will give you an idea.

SlaterFamily2007.jpg

Cute picture! I bet that little princess is one spoiled little girl with those big brothers!!! She's a doll!

No whites or bright colors. No patterns or designs. Just simple, muted solid colors work the best. Stay away from stripes, plaids, etc too.

I could use some help. I posted this in the photo session thread too. Anywho, DBF looks great in purple. So if he wears purple, I'm not sure if I should wear a blue, orange or a lighter shade of purple.

I could use some help. I posted this in the photo session thread too. Anywho, DBF looks great in purple. So if he wears purple, I'm not sure if I should wear a blue, orange or a lighter shade of purple.

Lighter shade of Purple definitely!

I wouldn't wear orang with purple but a lighter shade or purple or blue would be great

As a photographer, the general rule of thumb is no prints, stripes, logos, etc...Stay with solid colors. White is hard because it will blow out and to get a good exposure it will blow out the rest of the photo, BUT a good photographer should be able to do it. Brides wear white :)

For family shots, you want to stay with the same color tone, not necessarily color (which is basically how light or dark the color is).

I have done some beautiful family shots with navy blue shirts/khaki shorts/pants.

But again, best bet is solid colors of the same tones.

As a photographer, the general rule of thumb is no prints, stripes, logos, etc...Stay with solid colors. White is hard because it will blow out and to get a good exposure it will blow out the rest of the photo, BUT a good photographer should be able to do it. Brides wear white :)

For family shots, you want to stay with the same color tone, not necessarily color (which is basically how light or dark the color is).

I have done some beautiful family shots with navy blue shirts/khaki shorts/pants.

But again, best bet is solid colors of the same tones.

How do you think all pastels would work, say tan/khaki bottoms and a pale pink shirt for mom, pale yellow and mint green for boys and pale blue for dad... How do you think that would work?:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter