Closing Time!

Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 3/31 (yes we got an email on EASTER SUNDAY!)
We did too!

FINAL UPDATE:
Home Resort: OKW (Extended)
Broker: https://www.fidelityrealestate.com
Title Company: DVC Title & Escrow (Cammy)
Offer made: 2/18/24
Offer accepted: 2/18/24
Sent to ROFR: 2/20/24
Passed ROFR: 3/6/24
Closing docs received: 3/6/24
Closing docs returned: 3/6/24 (Buyer)
Closing: 3/20/24
Deed recorded: 3/20/24
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 3/31. Disney Bunny brought us an Easter Present
Points in account: 4/01/24 (Points were loaded when I checked this morning, 1 day, no need to call)

Total Days: 48

Last edited:
Blerg. Ours recorded on 3/20 but no email from DVC. We're an existing member. Nothing new showing for us on the site. And of course, our 11-7 home booking advantage ends tomorrow morning at 8am for the stay we were trying to book in early November.

This all trails back to the slow, slow turnaround at https://magicvacationtitle.com/ when it took 12 days to get our closing docs. Geez, that awful service really came back to bite us.

Blerg. Ours recorded on 3/20 but no email from DVC. We're an existing member. Nothing new showing for us on the site. And of course, our 11-7 home booking advantage ends tomorrow morning at 8am for the stay we were trying to book in early November.

This all trails back to the slow, slow turnaround at https://magicvacationtitle.com/ when it took 12 days to get our closing docs. Geez, that awful service really came back to bite us.
We are having the same issue with Magic Vacation Title. Ours was also recorded on 3/20 and are existing members but nothing yet. It has been painfully slow, having first put our offer in on 01/29 😫

I'd like to see a transparent process from all resale companies. There is enough competition that, as consumers, we should be able to gauge the efficiency and cost of each company's process. Looking back at the OP and the spreadsheet from 2021-2022, it varies widely in many of the efficiency categories. I'd like to know more about the WHY. Assuming ROFR would always be the mystery category, everything else should be transparent.

I'd like to see a transparent process from all resale companies. There is enough competition that, as consumers, we should be able to gauge the efficiency and cost of each company's process. Looking back at the OP and the spreadsheet from 2021-2022, it varies widely in many of the efficiency categories. I'd like to know more about the WHY. Assuming ROFR would always be the mystery category, everything else should be transparent.
Agreed. It'd be great to know more and be better informed before selecting a title service. I would also like to see the brokerages upfront telling buyers they have a choice. At no point do I recall DVCRM offering that decision and I only knew from a past purchase elsewhere. (so right there I knew better and didn't act on it so everything that followed is on me)

Even within the same settlement co I was seeing huge variances at the same time. Ours took 12 days to get closing docs while others at the same service and same week got theirs back in 2 days. Just bad luck of the draw.

Agreed. It'd be great to know more and be better informed before selecting a title service. I would also like to see the brokerages upfront telling buyers they have a choice. At no point do I recall DVCRM offering that decision and I only knew from a past purchase elsewhere. (so right there I knew better and didn't act on it so everything that followed is on me)

Even within the same settlement co I was seeing huge variances at the same time. Ours took 12 days to get closing docs while others at the same service and same week got theirs back in 2 days. Just bad luck of the draw.
For us, the seller's response was what created the largest variance between experiences. Unfortunately, that's not something you can predict or measure in most cases. One of our sellers weren't comfortable with the online notary so they took two weeks to get their documents back. Is that what really happened? I have not idea, but I also don't have a reason to doubt the information provided by the title company. Frustrating either way.

I will say, fill out the feedback when requested. Our broker requested feedback. If that's a good experience, say so. It also doesn't hurt to then throw in the potentially negative experience with the title company, especially if they didn't offer you an option. I know that at least one of the brokers I've worked with does ask which title company that you'd like to use.

Feedback drives action these days more than any time before. A lot of competition out there. Force the transparency and drive the efficiency.

Home Resort: AUL
Broker: https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/
Title Company: https://www.firstam.com
Offer made: 02/09/2024
Offer accepted: 02/09/2024
Sent to ROFR: 02/12/2024
Passed ROFR:02/26/2024
Closing docs received: 03/11/2024
Closing docsreturned: 03/12/2024
Closing: 03/20/2024
Deed recorded:03/20/2024
Contract Showing on Membership: 03/31/2024
Points in account:

Days Total:

Another Easter Sunday with contract showing up in account. New UY, existing member. Now waiting on Points Loading.

We are having the same issue with Magic Vacation Title. Ours was also recorded on 3/20 and are existing members but nothing yet. It has been painfully slow, having first put our offer in on 01/29 😫
I feel for you on the getting bitten with *** days delay on the closing docs, deed delay, then getting the contract showing on membership almost took 2 weeks not sure if this is *** to Disney slowness. Glad to be through the gauntlet on this one.

Home Resort: Copper Creek
Broker: https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/
Title Company: https://magicvacationtitle.com/
Offer made: 2/17
Offer accepted: 2/17
Sent to ROFR: 2/20
Passed ROFR: 3/4
Closing docs received: 3/8
Closing docs returned (buyer): 3/11
Closing docs returned (seller): 3/15
Closing: 3/15
Deed recorded: 3/19
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member): 3/31 (Easter Sunday!!)
Points in account: 4/1 (April fool’s got to waitlist for xmas anyway. CM Chat to load)

Days Total: 44

For existing members, do you still get that notice email from Disney when your resale contract gets added to your account?

Anxiously checking the DVC site past few days as ours recorded on the 20th and we are existing members. Missed our hopes for using home resort advantage with a November 1st booking, but still ready to see those points loaded. Better late than never!

For existing members, do you still get that notice email from Disney when your resale contract gets added to your account?

Anxiously checking the DVC site past few days as ours recorded on the 20th and we are existing members. Missed our hopes for using home resort advantage with a November 1st booking, but still ready to see those points loaded. Better late than never!
lol I’ve never been emailed when a contract was added and I’ve had 2 added in this last few months another expected in the next day or two which I still don’t think I’ll get notice about

lol I’ve never been emailed when a contract was added and I’ve had 2 added in this last few months another expected in the next day or two which I still don’t think I’ll get notice about
Yeah, that's what I thought and why I was checking the site. Saw several mentions of email notices and figured that was just new account notices.

Yeah, that's what I thought and why I was checking the site. Saw several mentions of email notices and figured that was just new account notices.
Yeah probably just new member emails. I’d love it if we even got a notice in the DVC site internal email even if it’s just noting that’s there’s some change in the account so we know it’s happened.

Our resale was same UY as our existing membership, different home resort. We didn't receive an email. When I saw folks reporting that they saw their contracts showing yesterday,, I checked the My vacation points in the app and it was showing there with 0 points in the contract. What I wasn't expecting was for it to have the same contract number as all of my other contracts with a new .X extension. Good luck today, I hope you get your points and are able to book soon.

I did get an email when my contract was loaded on the DVC site and I am an existing member, but my contracts have different UY’s.

Current member, but new UY, received an email yesterday that the contract was in the account.

Home Resort: CCV
Broker:
Title Company:
Offer made: 3/8
Offer accepted: 3/8
Sent to ROFR: 3/11
Passed ROFR: 3/27
Closing docs received: 4/1
Closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:

Days Total:

Home Resort: BLT
Broker: fidelityrealestate.com
Title Company: dvcclosings.com
Offer made: 2/25
Offer accepted: 3/7 (sellers were on a cruise and couldn't respond for more than a week)
Sent to ROFR: 3/12
Passed ROFR: 4/1
Closing docs received: 4/1
Closing docs returned (buyer): 4/1
Funds wired:
Closing docs returned (seller):
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (existing member):
Points in account:

Total days so far: 36 days

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter