Closing Time!!

Halp! I need some advice from the seasoned folks.

Our closing docs say August 19th but August 19th came and went without a peep. I checked the comptroller site and nothing is listed for us. Sellers messed up the first set of docs and had to redo, hence the massive delay. I am going to reach out to the closer and find out what they are going to do but I wanted to check with the veterans first. What should I expect?

Home Resort: AKL
Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 6/01/21
Offer accepted: 6/01/21
Sent to ROFR: 6/07/21
Passed ROFR: 6/30/21
Estoppel received: 7/1/21
Closing docs received: 7/7/21
Closing docs returned buyer: 7/9/21 with cashier's check.
Closing docs returned seller: 8/16/21(take two) 7/28/21 (take one).
Deed recorded:
Contract Showing on Membership (new member):
Points in account:
You are missing one line from your post, and that’s closing date. All the docs and payment may be received, but if the title company hasn’t closed the sale then nothing can get recorded at the OC comptroller. If yesterday was your projected closing date and it hasn’t closed, it’s up to you. Depending on your contract, you very likely could walk away with no financial penalty. But, if you do want the contract still I’m not sure I’d do that being so close to the finish line. I’d reach out to Magic Vacation Title and find out if it has closed, or when it will close if it’s not yet. It should then be recorded within that day, or the next at the latest.

The process can get super frustrating when the seller drags their feet and doesn’t seem to hold up their end of the deal. Hang in there, you are almost done, then the Disney wait begins, but that’s to be expected.

Our closing docs say August 19th but August 19th came and went without a peep. I checked the comptroller site and nothing is listed for us. Sellers messed up the first set of docs and had to redo, hence the massive delay. I am going to reach out to the closer and find out what they are going to do but I wanted to check with the veterans first. What should I expect?

Deed recorded:
Points in account:
Our contract was supposed to close by 6/22, we ended up closing on 7/29….it was a debacle.

I would hound your title company to close and record.

Deed recorded:
Points in account:
I would call up the title company and ask them if it has officially closed given that it was supposed to close by the 19th. If it has closed I'd ask when they sent the deed to be recorded. Some title companies send it electronically so it's fast, not sure how Magic Vacation Title does it though.

Is there even a point in calling every day if your 4 weeks into deed being recorded. Yesterday they said they have everything and it's almost there. To me that sounds like they are literally holding it hostage. Like how do you see my file and what not but can't give me a member number......Thoughts from vets? Closed July 26th for AKL........

Is there even a point in calling every day if your 4 weeks into deed being recorded. Yesterday they said they have everything and it's almost there. To me that sounds like they are literally holding it hostage. Like how do you see my file and what not but can't give me a member number......Thoughts from vets? Closed July 26th for AKL........
I closed on the 22nd and just got my contract yesterday. Probably early next week for you. Maybe even tomorrow as I think they work Saturdays.

Have you emailed member administration? You really need them not Member Services right now. It took me just over 4 weeks to get my husband a member id for just adding him onto my existing AKV contract. The deed was recorded and sent to them on 7/21 (they even confirmed that date) and they finally sent him his emails yesterday. That was only after I started to email them daily asking them what was going on since I knew of others that had their deed recorded after us that already had their ID sent to them. They claimed that they work on them in the order they receive (but that clearly can't be 100% true).

Have you emailed member administration? You really need them not Member Services right now. It took me just over 4 weeks to get my husband a member id for just adding him onto my existing AKV contract. The deed was recorded and sent to them on 7/21 (they even confirmed that date) and they finally sent him his emails yesterday. That was only after I started to email them daily asking them what was going on since I knew of others that had their deed recorded after us that already had their ID sent to them. They claimed that they work on them in the order they receive (but that clearly can't be 100% true).
Which email are you using to email every day?
We got the one response back that everyone seems to be getting back confirming receipt of paperwork…..but that took days to come back. Teach me your ways.

Which email are you using to email every day?
We got the one response back that everyone seems to be getting back confirming receipt of paperwork…..but that took days to come back. Teach me your ways.
I sent my emails to wdw.dvc.member.administration@disney.com

The very first email I got from them last week sounded a bit canned saying they were 5-6 weeks behind but confirmed they received everything on 7/21. I emailed them earlier this week when a friend of mine who recorded days after us got her 2 emails. They replied to that one yesterday morning saying they work in order in which they receive and that they would escalate it but no guarantees. But the day before that I had sent another email when we officially hit 4 weeks and they replied yesterday afternoon saying they were working on it. I don't like having to do this but my husband got his 2 emails yesterday afternoon probably after all of my pestering. I really feel like they were hoping we didn't say anything and they were going to just take care of that along with our resale BLT that we closed on 8/11.

I sent my emails to wdw.dvc.member.administration@disney.com

The very first email I got from them last week sounded a bit canned saying they were 5-6 weeks behind but confirmed they received everything on 7/21. I emailed them earlier this week when a friend of mine who recorded days after us got her 2 emails. They replied to that one yesterday morning saying they work in order in which they receive and that they would escalate it but no guarantees. But the day before that I had sent another email when we officially hit 4 weeks and they replied yesterday afternoon saying they were working on it. I don't like having to do this but my husband got his 2 emails yesterday afternoon probably after all of my pestering. I really feel like they were hoping we didn't say anything and they were going to just take care of that along with our resale BLT that we closed on 8/11.
I got the canned email as well, but I recorded on 7/29 so I feel like I can’t be “that guy” until I hit 4 weeks….but the desire to be “that guy” is really, really strong….not gonna lie. I started this dumpster fire in April and just ugh.

I got the canned email as well, but I recorded on 7/29 so I feel like I can’t be “that guy” until I hit 4 weeks….but the desire to be “that guy” is really, really strong….not gonna lie. I started this dumpster fire in April and just ugh.
I would say if you can wait until next Wednesday (the day before you hit 4 weeks) to email them again do that. I waited until this week to really go hard core on bugging them because quite frankly this shouldn't have been THAT hard for them to do since it was just adding my husband but I guess even that is a mission. I know how hard it is to wait because I've got a few more weeks of waiting for our BLT that we closed on last week lol

Member administration took 2 weeks to respond to me and it was a canned, generic response. The only concern I have atm is I need my member number to just understand things. I am not even concerned about points atm because a friend can check availability and it literally doesn't exist for 2021 so that is a mute point. I am week 4 and that is my anxiety. I have patiently waited for 4 weeks. I am not patient now because I am in the rabbit hole running scenarios of what could be wrong. No points, illegal sell I don't even know just everything

Member administration took 2 weeks to respond to me and it was a canned, generic response. The only concern I have atm is I need my member number to just understand things. I am not even concerned about points atm because a friend can check availability and it literally doesn't exist for 2021 so that is a mute point. I am week 4 and that is my anxiety. I have patiently waited for 4 weeks. I am not patient now because I am in the rabbit hole running scenarios of what could be wrong. No points, illegal sell I don't even know just everything
That's crazy that it took 2 weeks for you to get any response from them. The first email I sent last week I had a response the next day. The emails I sent this week were responded within 24-48 hours. I would email them again at this point and mention that you are at week 4 and are wondering what's taking so long. It really sucks that email is the ONLY way we can get ahold of them.

Cross posting on both threads (I wish we only had one!)

All, I updated my closing tracking spreadsheet for those of you who love data! Looks like it's trending 23 - 25 days for contracts to show up in memberships once the deed has been recorded. Based on what people have posted, ROFR is taking 31 - 42 days, which an avergae of about 34 days (of what's been posted here!). Clearly, the shutdown is taking it's toll on our previous 3 week turn around.

That's crazy that it took 2 weeks for you to get any response from them. The first email I sent last week I had a response the next day. The emails I sent this week were responded within 24-48 hours. I would email them again at this point and mention that you are at week 4 and are wondering what's taking so long. It really sucks that email is the ONLY way we can get ahold of them.
It took them almost 2 weeks for my canned response as well.

They told me yesterday via email they had just started on the 26th and mine was loaded about the same time I got the response.

Id say you should have it soon.

And DONE!

After a chat with Member Services, they were finally able to load my points today

Home: SSR
Broker:
Title Company: Jeffrey C. Seller
Offer made: 05/09/21
Offer accepted: 05/11/21
Sent to ROFR: 05/12/21
Passed ROFR: 06/01/21
Estoppel Received:
Closing docs received: 06/15/21
Closing docs returned: 06/16/21
Sellers closing docs returned: 07/19/21
Closing: 07/21/21
Deed recorded: 07/22/21
Contract Showing on Membership (new member): 08/14/21
Points in account: 08/23/21

Total 106 days

They told me yesterday via email they had just started on the 26th and mine was loaded about the same time I got the response.

Id say you should have it soon.
Sandi is told last Thursday that they were working on 7/26 deeds, again we are a 7/27 deed with nothing in our account yet. So either it’s taking 3+ business days per day of recorded deeds and they will continue to fall future and further behind at that rate. Or whoever said they were told by Disney that they work them in order they are received was completely lied to by Disney just to get rid of them.

I’m guessing it was the second option. We’ve already seen a later AUL get processed, but I was willing to say that was just because it was AUL. Now, I’m not so sure that’s a valid reason. It’s sad to say, but I’m coming to expect the worst from Disney more and more each day.

Sandi is told last Thursday that they were working on 7/26 deeds, again we are a 7/27 deed with nothing in our account yet. So either it’s taking 3+ business days per day of recorded deeds and they will continue to fall future and further behind at that rate. Or whoever said they were told by Disney that they work them in order they are received was completely lied to by Disney just to get rid of them.

I’m guessing it was the second option. We’ve already seen a later AUL get processed, but I was willing to say that was just because it was AUL. Now, I’m not so sure that’s a valid reason. It’s sad to say, but I’m coming to expect the worst from Disney more and more each day.
I was the one told that they work on them in the order they are received and was pretty sure I was being lied to but that was via email so I continued to hound them and called them out that clearly that wasn't true because if it was then how do you explain someone with a recorded date several days after ours being done but ours hadn't even been touched. That got them moving FAST.

From what I was able to gather from my time on the recording website yesterday, the volume exploded post closure.

for world contracts alone, not including any of the other properties in SC, CA,HI, or Vero, there 133 contracts recorded on 7/26 and 135 contracts recorded on 7/27. Prior to this surge, they would be having a heavy day if they did 70.

I recorded on 7/29 and have just made my peace with the fact that there isn’t any availability left in 2021 and I’ll be lucky to get the points in a month.

Further, people continued to record during the closure, so they are on the pile too.

7/8: 55 contracts
7/9: 58 contracts
7/12: 120 contracts
7/13: 62 contracts
7/14: 119 contracts
7/15: 48 contracts
7/16: 77 contracts
7/19: 82 contracts
7/20: 141 contracts
7/21: 74 contracts
7/22: 106 contracts
7/23: 49 contracts
7/26: 133 contracts
7/27: 135 contracts
7/28: 83 contracts
7/29: 110 contracts
7/30: 60 contracts

I put this is in the category of jobs I most definitely wouldn’t want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter