CLOSED - FRIDGE IS LOST *FREE ALL STAR Saved a Sinking FRIDGE & Coffee Pot Swap!!!

If you are PM'ng Nessy228, can you send me a PM. She is at WDW as we speak, and I am taking over for her in the middle of October.

We are continuing to look for our lost fridge and coffee pot boxes. Thank you to all who are taking precious vacation time to look for them! :hug:

Yay!!! I found the fridge today!!!:cool1: :banana: :cool1:

Long story, here is the short version:

Asked about it, manager knew exactly what I was looking for (different one ffrom the first one I enteracted with the first day).

Gave him a good what for:mad: , considering I had 3 people looking for it on the first day, and another manager the second day!! He couldn't have cared less:confused3 :sad2:

Anyway it is found, and we will be getting it ready for the next swapper considering we leave tomorrow!!

Oh well, everything else has been spectacular:wizard:

Yay!!!

Yay!!! I found the fridge today!!!:cool1: :banana: :cool1:

Long story, here is the short version:

Asked about it, manager knew exactly what I was looking for (different one ffrom the first one I enteracted with the first day).

Gave him a good what for:mad: , considering I had 3 people looking for it on the first day, and another manager the second day!! He couldn't have cared less:confused3 :sad2:

Anyway it is found, and we will be getting it ready for the next swapper considering we leave tomorrow!!

Oh well, everything else has been spectacular:wizard:

Oh I laughed! You were so worked up on the phone! I would be too though!

What did you do with your groceries that you got there with?

:cool1: THANK YOU Lwartberg aka Leanna!!! :cool1:

We are back on track.

Let's not let the joy of our newly found fridge over-shadow the importance of:
1.) Swapping in person whenever possible!
2.) Call me ASAP if you can not find the fridge!
3.) Demand a claim ticket when leaving the fridge (they gave me one last month so I KNOW it's possible).
4.) The home resort is the MUSIC! All picking-up and dropping-off should occur at the MUSIC bell desk located outside the main lobby unless you have made a specific swapping plan with the person before/after you.

Happy swapping!

Gina

WHEW!!!! :woohoo: I was SO worried, since I was the last person to have it :confused: I'm so glad it was found! HEre's a question to the person that found it....did you find the water bottles with it??? Was there anything in the fridge? - trying to decipher some things ;)

So, does anyone need a fridge for October 5-7?? Or how about October 15-17??

JOIN today!

thank you so much for finding the fridge!!! i was in such a panic, trying to scramble to join another swap. with all of my dates booked everywhere. i am sooooooo exited that we have it for our days!!! now all i need to know is what to do when i get there.:cool1:

thank you so much for finding the fridge!!! i was in such a panic, trying to scramble to join another swap. with all of my dates booked everywhere. i am sooooooo exited that we have it for our days!!! now all i need to know is what to do when i get there.:cool1:

I sent you a PM.

NOVEMBER 1-14 is available. JOIN TODAY!

Woo hoo! We are starting to fill in some 2009 dates!

Welcome Mom2faith!

Ya' know folks 2009 is only 3 months away! What are you waiting for??

Yahoo, hollyd99 left me a voicemail that she got the fridge OK :cool1: .

Future Swappers:

Please DO NOT LEAVE FOOD OR DRINKS IN THE FRIDGE!!

It's a nice thought to pass on your unused food and drinks to the next swapper so they don't go to waste, BUT... please just consider it a loss.

I just cleaned out our fridge that had old beer, ziplock baggie full of water:confused: , and MILK:sick: , that had been in tthere since the 15TH!!!!, I opened it on the 27!!!!!:sick: :sick: :scared1:

Again the thought is nice, but the reality of the next person liking the same kind and brand of food and drink as you is very slim, not to mention what happens that all that stuff if the fridge gets "lost".

I cleaned it, but hope the smell eventually goes away! It wasn't really bad, but you could tell something had been sitting in there for some time!!!:sick:

I din't have time to go to the store, but Gina you may want to ask someone to bring a box of Baking powder to leave in there to absorb the smell. Also, since the baag of water that was in there was leaking, the bottom of the box was all wet, I don;t know how long it will last?

When I left, i left the fridge with concierge who was more than happy to hold it for Holly (bell services was closed.)not saying that everyone should do it, but if your swapping at the same hotel, for the next day, it might be better than to leave it with BS. i don't have much faith in bell services!!

After i got the fridge DH had the bright idea to have our bell service at the ASMo bring it up to the room:scared1: , then we went to dinner (I thought the fridge was still in the car!), when we came back 4 hrs after he had left the fridge, and it wasn't in the room, he asked where the fridge was?:eek:

i nearly flipped a lid. Belive me he was punished severly!:lmao: Almost as bad as the manager!! This started the second wild goose chase of this damn fridge!!:lmao: Of course the guy he left it with, who put it right on a cart and said he was bringing it right up, was gone!! It wasn't logged in, no one knew where it was! turns out he put it in the wrong room:sad2: :sad2: That stated the second rant on the manager at our hotel.

Anyway sorry so long...GOOD LUCK to the next swappers, hopefully my experiences will help someone out!!:cheer2:

Future Swappers:

When I left, i left the fridge with concierge who was more than happy to hold it for Holly (bell services was closed.)not saying that everyone should do it, but if your swapping at the same hotel, for the next day, it might be better than to leave it with BS. i don't have much faith in bell services!!

Items that are left at the concierge will be put into the bell services luggage storage area anyway so either is fine BUT please get a claim ticket if leaving at the bell desk OR if leaving at the concierge desk make sure a note is entered into the computer for the next guest indicating that something was left for them. Just be prepared if you are looking for it at the concierge desk that it will actually be in the bell/luggage room.

Thanks again for spending soooo much time looking for the fridge. I am sorry you had to clean it out. :eek: It sounds like our box may be a loss. I will contact the next swapper with a "plan B".

Gina

WOW!! This is a lot of work for you ladies!!:cheer2:

I am interested in this fridge saga, and look forward to following it for the next 11 months!!

Thanks for letting me on board :goodvibes

I am interested in this fridge saga, and look forward to following it for the next 11 months!!

Thanks for letting me on board :goodvibes

What always amazes me is how the fridge can completely vanish in 3 hours and then resurface a week or so later?! In 2007 it happened to me. I arrived 6 hours after the other swapper had checked-out. The fridge was no where to be found. Gone. I checked all 3 resorts everyday. A few weeks later it was found by another swapper who went looking for it!

Other times it has sat in storage for 9 days when we couldn't fill in a gap and it was happily waiting for the next person. I just don't get it.

I am just HAPPY it was found, even if it's a bit stinky :cool1: !

I would like to join this swap. My gang of 14 will be at the Sports from Dec 19-28. I was on another one and I believe the fridge was lost. We have 4 rooms and we are currently looking for another fridge as well. Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter