(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
We start our first stay at BW this Saturday. So excited. We are checking in very early to get started on the parks ASAP. It will be me, my husband and adult son. My son work at Disney so we stay at different resorts every time. In January we stayed at WLV. Any pointers on BW?

We are going in January so I can run in my first marathon! pixiedust:

Our first two days 1/7 &1/8 will be at VWL and 1/9-1/16 will be in a BWV BW view studio. Can't wait!!:banana::banana::banana:

Our first two days 1/7 &1/8 will be at VWL and 1/9-1/16 will be in a BWV BW view studio. Can't wait!!:banana::banana::banana:

Don't forget. You'll need to take the bus to the start from the resort. You can't walk to the start from the BW area hotels because Epcot is closed at that time of day. Make sure you catch the bus early enough so you don't arrive at the start too late. Have a good run.

Don't forget. You'll need to take the bus to the start from the resort. You can't walk to the start from the BW area hotels because Epcot is closed at that time of day. Make sure you catch the bus early enough so you don't arrive at the start too late. Have a good run.

Thanks for the info and encouragement! I ran the half in 2013 and stayed at BWV so I'm all too familiar with how early I have to get up. Lol! I did get to walk to the start of ToT last fall so that was a nice perk. Three of us will be doing the 10k also so it will be a good rehearsal for the marathon. Can't wait!!!

thanks for the info on Standard locations! Looking forward to staying there again. Are there laundry facilities in the community center near the villa pool?

momtwoboys I am also going in April and staying at BWV for the first time. Your reading my mind with your questions! P.S. also a mom of two boys

When doing online check in what are the request available for a standardview one bedroom ? Thanks!

Has anyone had to add someone to their ressie after everything has been planned? My DS is in college. He doesn't know if he will be able to come with us yet. He's been trying to get a job & hasn't heard back yet. So that's one of the reasons he's hesitating. We have already booked our room at BWI & lunch/dinner reservations for me, DH, & DD. If he decides to go, will it be an issue to add him to lunch/dinner reservations & room? By biggest issue I'm thinking will be will FP+. We haven't purchased out park tickets yet, but plan on doing so before the 60 day mark. If we have to wait until later to purchase his, what do you think would be the chance of getting him the same FP+ times, etc? It's stressing me out thinking of everything. I really want him to come with us, especially since he hasn't gone with us in yrs. I want it all to be as close to perfect as we can get. But I'm afraid if we have to wait until the last min. to get his tickets, he will be screwed. Thoughts? Advice? Are the park tickets & special party tickets refundable?
I've done what you're asking about, but as long as you won't be exceeding the allowable number of occupants and you're booked Room-Only, then there shouldn't be any problem at all adding him up to check-in. Your FP+ question depends on how soon you add him. The closer you are to arrival or during peak travel times, the harder it will be to get him the same times you have or add him to ADRs. You could add him to all the ADRs and remove him later if needed.

Are the mattresses in the CL rooms different from the mattresses in the regular resort rooms? Just wondering....
No, they're the same.

I'm planning my wedding at SBP for next August 13th and my fiancé and I are currently booked into the Boardwalk Inn for August 7th-16th. Suddenly last night I had a thought... The night before the wedding I was going to make my fiancé stay with his parents and three brothers in the two bedroom VWL unit we reserved for them with our brand new never been used DVC... But I have enough 2016 points that I could borrow and book either a studio or a one bedroom at BWV for me the night before and the night of the wedding. I could just move my dress, accessories and other necessities to the Villas side for those nights and I might actually be able to get "getting ready" pictures of both of us instead of just me - and there'd be more room for my sister and I to get ready with my mom plus hair makeup people, etc. I'd keep our standard room for him. The biggest issue is that I'd need to get the room for two nights because we're hoping for a 5pm ceremony and with check in not until 4pm that wouldn't be enough time and with check out at 11am that's too early... Thoughts anyone?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Congratulations and welcome to the thread:bride:

Could you post my vacation. 4/6 - 4/10 BWV

Thank you
Of course!

We start our first stay at BW this Saturday. So excited. We are checking in very early to get started on the parks ASAP. It will be me, my husband and adult son. My son work at Disney so we stay at different resorts every time. In January we stayed at WLV. Any pointers on BW?
I don't know how much you know about staying in the Epcot Resorts area, but you'll be able to walk to both Epcot and DHS, as well as Fantasia Golf. Unlike VWL, there isn't a Quick Serve or Table Service location within BWI/BWV, but there are some options on the BW and also at YC/BC. The DINING section of the thread has more information/links and Refillable Mug locations. There's lots more information on the first page of the thread, but feel free to ask any questions.

Happy first marathon! I bet it won't be your last. I'll add your BWV dates to the log.

When doing online check in what are the request available for a standardview one bedroom ? Thanks!
I only know what the BWI choices are, but maybe someone else will know. It's always best to make sure any requests are in your reservation by calling or adding them when you book. Sometimes the OCI choices are very limited or not applicable to your booking.

We just returned from a magical and wonderful stay at BWI. When we arrived and got into our room, I almost cried at the fantastic view that greeted us. We were on 5th floor, pretty close to the elevators and had a view of the boardwalk, Crescent Lake, and the courtyard where the night time movies are held. Whenever we were in our room, I loved having the patio door open so I could hear the sounds of the boardwalk, the entertainers and the honking of the boats. I LOVED being in the middle of the action! It was a dream and I don't know if I ever want to book another room there again since I doubt we will get such a great room a second time. ;) :rotfl: Seriously, we couldn't have had it any better... everything was a hop, skip and a jump away. So so blessed and thankful to the pixie dust that was showered upon us... I even want to write a thank you note but I wouldn't know who to send it to!

All of the CMs were fabulous to us. Such a cheerful atmosphere. The only negative is that we were so close to the Boardwalk Bakery, we put on 10 pounds from all the goodies that constantly tempted us! hee hee hee

Oh and big props to one of the most cheerful ladies we have ever met.... Cast Member Mary, who worked weekday mornings in the Belle Vue Lounge. My hubby would always go down in the morning and fill up our coffees (while I got ready) and sometimes my daughters would go with to fill up their mugs with Sprite. They always fully enjoyed her company and her friendly spirit started off their days with a big bright spot. :goodvibes

We just returned from a magical and wonderful stay at BWI. When we arrived and got into our room, I almost cried at the fantastic view that greeted us. We were on 5th floor, pretty close to the elevators and had a view of the boardwalk, Crescent Lake, and the courtyard where the night time movies are held. Whenever we were in our room, I loved having the patio door open so I could hear the sounds of the boardwalk, the entertainers and the honking of the boats. I LOVED being in the middle of the action! It was a dream and I don't know if I ever want to book another room there again since I doubt we will get such a great room a second time. ;) :rotfl: Seriously, we couldn't have had it any better... everything was a hop, skip and a jump away. So so blessed and thankful to the pixie dust that was showered upon us... I even want to write a thank you note but I wouldn't know who to send it to!

All of the CMs were fabulous to us. Such a cheerful atmosphere. The only negative is that we were so close to the Boardwalk Bakery, we put on 10 pounds from all the goodies that constantly tempted us! hee hee hee

Glad that you had such a great stay!

This made me so excited for my upcoming stay!! :thumbsup2 What did you think of the room updates?

What a great stay you had! Did you book a BWV or were you upgraded from a SV?

WDW would love to hear about your stay and they especially like it when you know the name of the CMs who went above and beyond. Just send an email to:

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

Whether your comments are positive or negative or a mix, a Guest Services CM will contact you about your comments. Just send them exactly what you posted, along with your name and phone number.

Oh and big props to one of the most cheerful ladies we have ever met.... Cast Member Mary, who worked weekday mornings in the Belle Vue Lounge. My hubby would always go down in the morning and fill up our coffees (while I got ready) and sometimes my daughters would go with to fill up their mugs with Sprite. They always fully enjoyed her company and her friendly spirit started off their days with a big bright spot. :goodvibes
Don't forget to include this, too:thumbsup2

Do you remember your room number? We stayed last year in a studio courtyard view above the Wyland Galleries. It had a HUGE balcony and it was AMAZING!! We have a BW view in January but I would like to request one near the courtyard.

This made me so excited for my upcoming stay!! :thumbsup2 What did you think of the room updates?

We thought the rooms were great! Although, it was our first time so we don't have anything to compare them to. But we loved the look of the room, there was plenty of space and storage, the sinks outside of the toilet/shower were a plus, and the beds were VERY comfy!!!!

What a great stay you had! Did you book a BWV or were you upgraded from a SV?

WDW would love to hear about your stay and they especially like it when you know the name of the CMs who went above and beyond. Just send an email to:

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

Whether your comments are positive or negative or a mix, a Guest Services CM will contact you about your comments. Just send them exactly what you posted, along with your name and phone number.

Don't forget to include this, too:thumbsup2

THANK YOU THANK YOU! Yes, I will send an email.

We were upgraded from a SV, if that wasn't a SV room. I couldn't BELIEVE IT! pixiedust:

Do you remember your room number? We stayed last year in a studio courtyard view above the Wyland Galleries. It had a HUGE balcony and it was AMAZING!! We have a BW view in January but I would like to request one near the courtyard.

Our room number was 5273. And we faced opposite of the Wyland Galleries, so I'm sure you would love this room too!

I just got back from my stay at BWI.. I was in room 3282, which was a standard view room. I wanted a water view, but none were available. Boy am I glad that I didn't get a waterview, because I was able to watch Illuminations from my room on three nights! I could even hear some of the music! Here's my view:

20140918_132459-L.jpg

20140919_221011-L.jpg

I just got back from my stay at BWI.. I was in room 3282, which was a standard view room. I wanted a water view, but none were available. Boy am I glad that I didn't get a waterview, because I was able to watch Illuminations from my room on three nights! I could even hear some of the music! Here's my view:

20140918_132459-L.jpg

20140919_221011-L.jpg

Really nice view!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter