(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS Information Thread ~2012~

Status
Not open for further replies.
DDFamily-Glad to hear it. Keep us updated. Wish I was there now.:sad2: I need a vacation:laughing:

Hello BWI fans. Just back to the room after a little swim and sun by the quiet pool. This morning we ran over to Epcot specifically to use the 20% off coupon DH received on his receipt at Casey's (he was jonesing for a hot dog Tuesday night!). I love these discounts that are printed on the receipts of most (all?) CS spots. You just have to use them before noon. I had everything shipped back to our resort. Crowds are still medium. We did TSM last night at DHS. We had gotten FP's in the morning and came back to the BWI after a lunch at BD and took the boat back over around 6. Tuesday evening was spent at the MK. I love the Main Street Electrical Parade and Wishes. What I really liked were the special effects on the castle for the new Memories show. I will say that the photograph quality on the castle is lousy. I don't think I'd recognize MYSELF if they flashed my picture up there:goodvibes. But overall the effects are cool. We've not had any transportation issues and am already bummed we have to leave on Saturday:guilty:

Tonight is dinner at The Flying Fish and tomorrow is AK day. We'll have dinner at the California Grill on Friday night and the MK is open until midnight so we'll have our last "hoorah" until October.

We are home (or here:wizard:). I am so happy we got the courtyard view and are close to the lobby. We are in 2270. It is so peaceful in the courtyard right now. Just trying to relax and take it all in.

Hello BWI fans. Just back to the room after a little swim and sun by the quiet pool. This morning we ran over to Epcot specifically to use the 20% off coupon DH received on his receipt at Casey's (he was jonesing for a hot dog Tuesday night!). I love these discounts that are printed on the receipts of most (all?) CS spots. You just have to use them before noon. I had everything shipped back to our resort. Crowds are still medium. We did TSM last night at DHS. We had gotten FP's in the morning and came back to the BWI after a lunch at BD and took the boat back over around 6. Tuesday evening was spent at the MK. I love the Main Street Electrical Parade and Wishes. What I really liked were the special effects on the castle for the new Memories show. I will say that the photograph quality on the castle is lousy. I don't think I'd recognize MYSELF if they flashed my picture up there:goodvibes. But overall the effects are cool. We've not had any transportation issues and am already bummed we have to leave on Saturday:guilty:

Tonight is dinner at The Flying Fish and tomorrow is AK day. We'll have dinner at the California Grill on Friday night and the MK is open until midnight so we'll have our last "hoorah" until October.

DonaldDuckFamily Sounds like you are already in vacation mode. The room sounds great...good view and good location :thumbsup2

kathie859 Supposedly crowds out here at DLR are at their peak this week. I've been avoiding the resort for that reason. Medium-level is pretty good. I love FF...enjoy!

Keep the on-site reports coming! I am both jealous and excited at the same time! (I was going to insert a smiley here, but I'm not sure there's one that fits those two emotions together)

From previous trips, and everything I've read, Boardwalk is ALWAYS the first pickup to the parks. The issue is that they then make other pickups, making the trip longer, and on the way back it's the last drop off, again making the trip longer.

Since you are staying at BWV I would highly recommend trying the ESPN Club. Now it happens to be my favorite Table Service Restaurant in all of WDW and you won't have far to go. Adding on to the fact that it's located at the Boardwalk you could go for a late meal like at 10:00 PM and be seated right away. That is assuming there is no major sporting event taking place. Whenever I went to eat there it was around that time and never had problems getting a table. Plus they are also open until 1:30 AM and that helps.

I hadn't considered the ESPN club but that's great advice! Thank you!! :flower3:

Good morning from BWI! It was really touch and go yesterday, but everything is great now. We are in one of the 3 rooms not inside the Innkeeper's Club door which means we have the ginormous balcony right next to Crescent Lake and the dock:love: and the extra window behind the sofa. It's not a problem at all not being inside CL. This view is amazing:worship:. But, it is VERY loud when the performers are out right next to the room, but that ended about 10:15 last night.

Yesterday, DD13 who never gets sick, said her ear was really hurting and her head pounding about 3/4 of the way in the car yesterday. She got up at 0300, so we figured she was also very tired. I gave her a decongestant and when we arrived at BWI she said it hurt a lot so she just wanted to sit on a bench next to the port cochere while DH and I parked the car and brought back a few things. We were gone only 5-10 minutes. When we started walking back from the car, right in front of the port cochere was an ambulance and fire truck with their lights on. I don't think I've ever been so scared and worried. I ran all the way there like a crazy person, only to find DD just sitting there still on the bench wondering what I was freaking out about. I was shaking and crying picturing her in the ambulance after having fainted and hitting her head, but no such thing at all. It took a few minutes to compose myself. I think having been up since 0200 might have had something to do with my unstable condition and my imagination took the best of me:sad2:

We were immediately taken to our room and skipped Epcot since DD wasn't well. She hasn't even been to the lounge yet, but it feeling much better this morning and still has no fever so she's ready for breakfast, which is a good sign. We're going to take it easy today and walk over and exchange our AP vouchers and get our TIW and go to Epcot.

The lounge, BTW, was empty for apps. and dessert last night. I'm sure this will change soon now that it's Friday and the weekend is almost here. I'll check-in later and post photos, too:goodvibes

Hi Kook,
Glad you are all settled at the Boardwalk. Hope your DD is feeling much better today. :flower3:
Looking forward to your photos, have a lovely day! :cool1:

Wow, sorry for the scare, hope she feels better. Glad you like the room and you're okay with being outside the lockdown! :)

Good morning from BWI!

I can picture your DD looking at you like you were going nuts :hug: Glad you made it safely! Can't wait for the pics!!! Enjoy your day!! Does your DD get allergies??? It could still be a ear infection, so if it still bothers her, I'd run her to the clinic (so you can start her on meds and enjoy your trip) Antibiotics take awhile to work...and stuff like that happens when you are no where near home right :headache:

Hopefully she is on the mend. A nice leisurely Epcot day sounds wonderful :lovestruc

Kook-Sorry to hear about the rough start. Hope all is well so you can enjoy your trip and the Boardwalk. Say hi to the cms from Iowa girl;)

kook so sorry to hear about DD but glad to hear she seems to be better this morning! Can't wait to hear more about your trip and to see some pictures. :goodvibes

Awww Kook, sorry your trip is off to such a bumpy start! I hope DD starts to feel better and you get to start having some Disney fun!

Kook,

Sorry that your DD doesn't feel good, hopefully she will get better :) Hope you enjoy your stay at my all time favorite resort & club level ! They are the best !

PS I also love the club level at the WL but BWI closes in first lol

One of the CM at the WL Club level is now over at the BWI as a manager name is Josh. After the length of time we stop going to the WL & switch over to the BWI he remember me lol

KOOK so sorry your day was less than perfect but happy to hear DD is feeling better. I can only imagine the scare you had seeing the ambulance :hug:

KOOK, so sorry to hear about your daughter, I hope she continues to feel better! Oh my goodness, seeing the ambulance must have freaked you out, however I am sure a lot of us would have reacted the same way, I know I would have!

Hope you have had a nice relaxing day at EPCOT. Enjoy the BWI and your ginormous balcony :goodvibes

Aw, Kook, what a scare! So thankful your DD was not the reason for the ambulance & fire truck...but do hope whomever it was for is also okay.

Glad DD is feeling better this morning and will continue to feel better all day. Gentle hugs and lots of PD. :hug:

Kook-Hope DD is feeling much better now. We have had that same exact room twice now with the most recent back in Jan. Hope to hear more about your fantastic time and tell the CM a big hello from Nascargirl!

We were immediately taken to our room and skipped Epcot since DD wasn't well. She hasn't even been to the lounge yet, but it feeling much better this morning and still has no fever so she's ready for breakfast, which is a good sign. We're going to take it easy today and walk over and exchange our AP vouchers and get our TIW and go to Epcot.

DW had a migraine yesterday and I know it's not fun traveling with sick child. Sorry for your scare and I do pray she is better today. No fun being sick.

Oooh, we had the "ear thing" once at Disney....had to have a doctor come to the room (expensive!!!), but she was good to go the next day. Hope your daughter is okay today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter