Christmas trees in your resort rooms?

momminnie

DIS Veteran
I've seen the windows decorated. Does any body decorate trees for their rooms. We are planning a trip for the week after Thanksgiving. If you have any pictures of your trees in your rooms would you let us see them? Or at the wilderness camp ground?

We carry a small fiber optic tree and decorate it and put in our window of our room every year. We have a timer set where it comes on at dark and shuts off about 2am. That has become a part of our tradtion when we go near Christmas time. Its so much fun to have them.

We had our first Christmas at Disney last year and could NOT go without a tree! This was my solution, lol. My mom LOVED it. I set it up as a surprise, along with snowflakes all over the room. I forgot tape and the cast member at the shop was kind enough to just give me her roll of scotch and bring it back when I was done!
4816394873_d48348cde3_b.jpg

We had our first Christmas at Disney last year and could NOT go without a tree! This was my solution, lol. My mom LOVED it. I set it up as a surprise, along with snowflakes all over the room. I forgot tape and the cast member at the shop was kind enough to just give me her roll of scotch and bring it back when I was done!
4816394873_d48348cde3_b.jpg

I LOVE THIS IDEA!!!! We are beginning to think about a Christmas trip this or next year. You just made my day!

Thanks! I got it from a party store and it was ridiculously cheap and easy to bring in my suitcase, along w/the snowflakes. It was our first Christmas at Disney and we LOVED all of the decorated windows!! Definitely doing that next holiday time we visit. :santa:

We are also going christmas time (dec 1-9) this will be our 1st time in the christmas time :santa:! We are SOOOOO excited ! Having 3 kids we want to decorate (we are stayin in a cabin @ fort wilderness) but i cant see spending almost $400 on a 4 foot tree from Disney Florist so i love seeing some other options ! (thats like $100 each foot):rolleyes1

So far are decorations include:
a cloth door cover with the fab 5
our names in christmas themes laminated 8x10 to hang on the porch
garland to decorate porch

but nothing for inside :confused3

KEEP EM COMING ! popcorn::

We carry a small fiber optic tree and decorate it and put in our window of our room every year. We have a timer set where it comes on at dark and shuts off about 2am. That has become a part of our tradtion when we go near Christmas time. Its so much fun to have them.

LOVE THIS IDEA ! I MUST KNOW WHERE DID YOU GET THEM ? OR WHERE MIGHT I FIND SOME? HOW MUCH WERE THEY A PIECE??

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE !:love:

I was thinking about maybe shipping down a small empty tree and then buying ornaments in differnt parts of Disney World to decorate it. That way each ornament will come with a memory :lovestruc but by the time its completed it will be time to leave and we will not get to enjoy it that long.....oh i dont know what to do:sad2:

I was thinking about maybe shipping down a small empty tree and then buying ornaments in differnt parts of Disney World to decorate it. That way each ornament will come with a memory :lovestruc but by the time its completed it will be time to leave and we will not get to enjoy it that long.....oh i dont know what to do:sad2:

There are a least 2 christmas stores at WDW, one is at DTD and the other is in the MK, and there may be one in epcot. The one at DTD has alot of decortations for Chirstmas. That should help with the time constrants.

Good luck and have fun. This sounds so cool.

We haven't been at Christmas time in years, but we always decorated when we went! We brought one of those small children's trees (as kids we all had them, and they were typically Disney themed!) and the boxes had some space at the top where you could fit some extra decorations. It looked really cute on the table in the room, and bringing it didn't take up much space.

We did this before the age of digital photography so I don't have a picture on my computer, but I will see if I can find a good picture and scan it.

Any chance you could get your decoration pics back up??? I am doing my first christmas and I am looking for ways to decorate so 4 year old still feels christmas

This was in 2009 but in 2007 I had a cornor room on the 2nd floor of building 4 at the POFQ right by the food court. I used tape and put white lights up around the windows and put this tree (in better shape) in the window with some disney christmas window clings I got from the dollar store. I got many compliments even from CM's. But I don't know if they allow any deco any more or not. They mousekeeping was wonderful. We kept the lights on a timer so that they were on even when we weren't. Then on the pegs where you can hang coats we bought disney stockings. During the time before Christmas we secretly saved snack credits and while our son was sleeping christmas eve. We got some giant lollipops and a few stocking stuffers from the gift shop and we brought a few gifts from home. Just hid them well to pull of the Santa thing. Now that my son is older we all three buy stocking stuffers for each other. Dollar Tree is great for Disney expanding rags and little toys and glow jewlery. Bring them with you and save money.:thumbsup2
18535_1317126411665_1335878204_30869955_1811348_n.jpg

We bought a small tree that folds up really small (like an umbrella). We'll pack that in our suitcase. We already have ornaments down there in our owner's locker. I'm also bringing window clings down to decorate the windows. I have a string of lights that we'll string on the balcony. Love this thread. We always go at Christmas and I love it.

I actually obsess over our Disney Christmas trip every year. The room decorations have to fit the theme of the hotel. And I decorate the entire room from garland for the windows to towels in the bathroom. I actually have boxes in my attic marked lodge themed decor, mardi gras themed decor, blue and white themed decor and victorian themes decor so I can just grab the box and the tree and put it in the trunk. We have to take two cars though. There are three of us and by the time I get the 5 foot tree and decorations and luggage in there is no room for the presents so they go in my DH's car when he comes a day later. He only comes up a day later so he doesn't have to help decorate but he says it's because he has to work.:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter