• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chit Chat Thread - November ADRs...

I did. I called. They said it was cancelled and there was nothing they can do :( Back to obsessively searching.

Why did they cancel it? Did they even give you a heads up that they were canceling it?

I did. I called. They said it was cancelled and there was nothing they can do :( Back to obsessively searching.

That seems odd that they can't do anything if you have a confirmation number. Did they think someone went into your account and cancelled? Could someone have done that by accident? If not, I would have asked to speak to a supervisor and explain the situation. Let her know you have a reservation and confirmation number and that nobody in your party cancelled the reservation so it must be a system error and what can they do to resolve the situation since they caused the error. Good luck!!

It's official - I have all my ADRs set and I just unwatched the November cancellation thread! It was hard to do as that little voice in my head kept saying, "but maybe an amazing ADR will be dropped and you'll decide that's the one you want!!" But, I know I'm happy with everything I have so I did it...I am no longer a follower of cancellations.

To those still looking, good luck!!

It's official - I have all my ADRs set and I just unwatched the November cancellation thread! It was hard to do as that little voice in my head kept saying, "but maybe an amazing ADR will be dropped and you'll decide that's the one you want!!" But, I know I'm happy with everything I have so I did it...I am no longer a follower of cancellations.

:thumbsup2

I was bummed when I missed out on a CRT lunch for our first day in the park this morning. On the very last page when I should have seen the confirmation, I got Stitch. I tried an hour later like everyone said, and still no luck. I just tried looked again a couple minutes ago, and there is was, two and a half hours later. I wasn't going to look again today, but I am glad I did!

I was bummed when I missed out on a CRT lunch for our first day in the park this morning. On the very last page when I should have seen the confirmation, I got Stitch. I tried an hour later like everyone said, and still no luck. I just tried looked again a couple minutes ago, and there is was, two and a half hours later. I wasn't going to look again today, but I am glad I did!

Glad you didn't give up. Congrats on getting it.

And I just realized that Stitch is going to be associated with website errors. Poor stitch. He's getting a bad rap.

I did that, too but I still find myself checking out the board for some amazing ADR that I don't need!! Lol! :oops:

That seems odd that they can't do anything if you have a confirmation number. Did they think someone went into your account and cancelled? Could someone have done that by accident? If not, I would have asked to speak to a supervisor and explain the situation. Let her know you have a reservation and confirmation number and that nobody in your party cancelled the reservation so it must be a system error and what can they do to resolve the situation since they caused the error. Good luck!!
That happened with my memory maker res. They said between the time I reserved and now, it was "taken off." I am positive a CM accidentally erased while checking our account. Weird stuff happens sometimes.

Is anyone surprising their kids and not telling them they are going?
We told the kids 8 & 9, we're going but they think we're 14 days out and its only 7. They got to help plan, but my daughter is going to get them up next Saturday and say she's tired of waiting, let's go. I doubt they will believe her since she's always saying, I'm bored, let's go to Disney, but then remembers stuff they need to do so they can't go.
Once they see the suitcases they'll know. I can't wait to see their faces :)

I have a small and.... mischievous 4 year old. That's all I can think of. BUT I WAS actually able to snag another one!!! I'm so happy!!!

Glad you didn't give up. Congrats on getting it.

And I just realized that Stitch is going to be associated with website errors. Poor stitch. He's getting a bad rap.

I feel really bad for Stitch. It's hard to angry about the glitch when he looks so cute though. Maybe that's Disney's plan...

All the errors and "There's a problem searching for reservations at this time" over this last 24 hours is making me a crazy person! Being a "last minute" trip I've been OCD about these ADR's and have NEVER had as many issues as in this last day.

Help!! I've had an 8am Garden Grill booked since 180 days but this morning was able to snag a 9:35am Akershus. Which should I keep? It'll be myself, my oldest daughter 22 and youngest daughter 7. We leave tomorrow and our Epcot day is Wednesday so not much time to decide!! Thanks for your input!

Does anyone else feel that the search site should have a warning at the top: "If you or someone you love has an ADR searching addiction, help is available". I have spent so many hours searching that my web browser even knows where I want to go when I open it by telling my most recent visited pages are all on disneyworld.com. Me searching for days/hours -> :surfweb: and then one of the reservations popup -> :cool1::rotfl2:

Help!! I've had an 8am Garden Grill booked since 180 days but this morning was able to snag a 9:35am Akershus. Which should I keep? It'll be myself, my oldest daughter 22 and youngest daughter 7. We leave tomorrow and our Epcot day is Wednesday so not much time to decide!! Thanks for your input!

Depends on if you prefer Mickey or the princesses. Also, if you don't have the dining plan, Akershus would cost a bit more. Personally, I would pick Akershus. There are a ton more places to easily meet Mickey vs all the princesses you get.

Depends on if you prefer Mickey or the princesses. Also, if you don't have the dining plan, Akershus would cost a bit more. Personally, I would pick Akershus. There are a ton more places to easily meet Mickey vs all the princesses you get.
Thanks! I think I'm leaning in the Akershus direction. I have free dining, so not too worried about cost. I guess I'm torn also between pre park opening and not but if we did RD we should still be ok.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter