Chit Chat Thread - November ADRs...

Uh oh!! Glad you caught that LOL! Can they verify the MBs for you?? I'd hate to get there and find those are the wrong persons as well! Of course if you personalized them then I guess you can tell by color and names on the inside.
Everything looks right except the name on the tags.....unless they loaded them wrong...I may call and check them too.....that would be a mess if they were wrong LOl!

Uh oh!! Glad you caught that LOL! Can they verify the MBs for you?? I'd hate to get there and find those are the wrong persons as well! Of course if you personalized them then I guess you can tell by color and names on the inside.
Everything was right except the tags, but I may call back and verify they didn't load that person's stuff on the bands....that would be a mess LOL!

I got my magic bands, but I didn't get ME tags. We have rented a van, so we will not be using ME, but would it be possible to get ME tags anyway? We are staying on site.

I got my magic bands, but I didn't get ME tags. We have rented a van, so we will not be using ME, but woul it be possible to get ME tags anyway?

Unless something has changed, the ME tags are just the long yellow tape-like paper printouts with a barcode on it for Disney to scan at the luggage carousel - similar to what you get when you check in to any airline when you check your luggage. This lets the Disney staff know to grab your luggage and make sure it gets to the right resort.

Do you mean you would like the plastic luggage tags with the characters where you write in your name and address? If you bought a package they should be in the box under the magic bands...at least that's what I've read. I should be getting my MBs today as well but they aren't here yet. But, I think you only get the luggage tags if you bought a vacation package through Disney Vacations. On the itinerary they mailed me it says the luggage tags will come with my bands but if I did not customize my bands then I will receive the luggage tags at check in. I customized our bands so hopefully we get ours today as well!

Paying OOP you get more savings by buying a breakfast and while Cindy's might be more, it's 2 credits so worth buying that first. BOG breakfast is another good one to do OOP.

Your ME tags come when you've arranged delivery. My Mom used ME because she was coming from Arizona later in the day (there was only 1 direct flight) but we did not. I was going to have to mail tags to her (but then a nice CM also forwarded a set to her).

Where is the best place to buy autograph books to take to the character meals?

We buy animation character books and have them sign over their pictures. It makes it SO fun for the characters who delight in seeing themselves. Flynn Ryder freaked out over his page (they got his nose right), Eeyore drew a raincloud, Pooh drew bees, Stitch ran off with the book (hahaha), and the stepsisters at 1900 gave each other beards and monobrows before editing the story to make themselves the heroines!

My only caveat is the characters will NOT sign the same page they've signed before so if you're seeing someone twice, you'll need a fresh book or a fresh page (there was a pic of Cindy dancing with Prince Charming and we had her sign there the second time we saw her).

We buy animation character books and have them sign over their pictures. It makes it SO fun for the characters who delight in seeing themselves. Flynn Ryder freaked out over his page (they got his nose right), Eeyore drew a raincloud, Pooh drew bees, Stitch ran off with the book (hahaha), and the stepsisters at 1900 gave each other beards and monobrows before editing the story to make themselves the heroines!

My only caveat is the characters will NOT sign the same page they've signed before so if you're seeing someone twice, you'll need a fresh book or a fresh page (there was a pic of Cindy dancing with Prince Charming and we had her sign there the second time we saw her).

That's a great idea. Where do I get those animation books? I was also thinking of buying a blank picture frame mat and have characters sign that. Then I'll print an 8x10 and frame that with a mat. That's easier to display than the autograph books. I don't know how I'll keep the mat and carry it around without bending it though.

Would you do a CM breakfast AND dinner in the same trip? Or is the experience mainly the same, so once is enough?

We did dinner on our last trip and my kids LOVED it!

I have been stalking the cancellation board endlessly for months. I've had one successful score but not much else has come up during the time I will be there (Nov 11-16). I don't know if it's just me, but there just don't seem to be a lot of cancellations that week. I wonder why?

I have been stalking the cancellation board endlessly for months. I've had one successful score but not much else has come up during the time I will be there (Nov 11-16). I don't know if it's just me, but there just don't seem to be a lot of cancellations that week. I wonder why?

Same here. I decided a few weeks ago to look for a PPO breakfast at MK but there's been nothing.

That's a great idea. Where do I get those animation books? I was also thinking of buying a blank picture frame mat and have characters sign that. Then I'll print an 8x10 and frame that with a mat. That's easier to display than the autograph books. I don't know how I'll keep the mat and carry it around without bending it though.

We took several Little Golden books last year. We also got the character encyclopedia that we are working on filling with signatures.

Searching exactly an hour after losing an ADR because of the glitchy reservation system does work!!! I tried to coordinate with a fellow DISer for CRT dinner but I couldn't pick up the reservation it kept throwing me back to the main dining page, then the reservation disappeared! I couldn't check back in an hour because I had to go out and get back before 2 of the kiddos got home from school!:sad: I was randomly checking today and CRT lunch appeared on the perfect time and day! I made it all the way to the payment screen but then my credit card provider was not listed as a credit card you could use, instead it was Bank of Japan credit card?! I called dining reservations and of course they could not find CRT it just disappeared. She said the reservation system has been glitchy for a week, but no option for my credit card and just Japan credit card was a new one. Yeah that would happen to me.:) I remembered the DIS saying to check back in exactly an hour and I just hoped someone else hadn't snagged it. An hour later I kept refreshing the page and it appeared!!! I got to the payment screen and Japan credit card was replaced with the usual credit cards and I got it!!! My husband said I should have just used our Japan credit card. HAHAHA! Sorry this was so long but I wanted to show there is hope if your reservation disappears!

What are the chances of getting BOG for 5? Any meal, my kids love beauty & beast most.

Are you following the November cancelation thread? Several BOGs have been popping up. Also, have placeholder meals but check for availability throughout your trip. I've heard some people cancel up until the day before the actual reservation...this will be the first trip where I have had such a difficult time getting ADRs that it will be the first time I'll be checking for ADRs during my trip so will see if that's true.

Good luck!

Hey everybody, I've been looking over my plans since the hours were updated and they announced the Cmas parade taping dates. Would you PH to MK on Nov 11 for Wishes and MSEP and EMH or get to bed at a reasonable time and keep a 8:20 am BOG on Nov 12, knowing that Main Street will probably be busy with people there for the parade?

I guess my main concern is low waits and crowds, although I do love MK at night...

Thanks!

Hey everybody, I've been looking over my plans since the hours were updated and they announced the Cmas parade taping dates. Would you PH to MK on Nov 11 for Wishes and MSEP and EMH or get to bed at a reasonable time and keep a 8:20 am BOG on Nov 12, knowing that Main Street will probably be busy with people there for the parade?

I guess my main concern is low waits and crowds, although I do love MK at night...

Thanks!
Based on the insane crowd levels at MK on recent non-party nights, I would stick with the plan to go to MK on 11/12, even with the parade taping, and especially if you've already seen Wishes and MSEP. Personally, there is no way I would battle those crowds at MK on a non-party night (and especially one that's also a holiday like 11/11-- Veteran's Day) if I had a good plan and a great ADR at MK the next day.

I gave my DH sharing on ME about 30 minutes ago. He has managed to change all the FP to various things that do not take into account kids heights or ADRs or distance. Ahhhhhhhhhh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter