Chef Mickey going to be 2 cr?

Mchurchill96

Mouseketeer
I read that CM was going to be a 2 credit restaurant, but only for dinner-true? We're going to WDW in August and have the DDP, and CM is our breakfast reservation for our first full day there. I really don't want to have to redo some of my ADRs at this late date. Thanks.

It is back to one cedit on the website, although I think that I ead the holiday price is 2 credits. I think we may see the change coming soon, but fo now I think you ae safe.

On this weeks Dis Unplugged Pete said he has it from a reliable source that all character meals are going to 2 credits in October. I believe he said out of pocket cost will be about $60 for adults and about $36 for children.

On this weeks Dis Unplugged Pete said he has it from a reliable source that all character meals are going to 2 credits in October. I believe he said out of pocket cost will be about $60 for adults and about $36 for children.
I just listened to this to see what was REALLY said

it is not "all character meals."
it is Chef Mickey's dinner
Akershus lunch and dinner
Tusker House lunch and dinner

that is it (for now).

these are the restaurants that showed up with the 2ts "glitch"

For my family of 5, that would cost around $330, that is just insane. 2 adults 2 Disney adults (anyone over 9 lyears old) and a 7 year old. Sorry but I don't care if it has characters, that price is not even in the ballpark what a buffet should cost.

What if you already have an email confirmation of your reservation that was previously booked when TH lunch was 1 credit?

What if you already have an email confirmation of your reservation that was previously booked when TH lunch was 1 credit?
I'm wondering about this as well. If you booked and they were initially 1 credit do they honor the 1 TS credit? Or maybe they'll just let us know when it's "official" and give us the option to cancel.

I would tend to believe unless Disney has made an "official announcement" about the character dinings going up to 2 credits then it will stay at 1 credits until now. If some or all them go up to "2" we will see if there is any backlash behind it. There is no buffet out there at Disney that is worth 2 credits but there are people out there that will pay just to get a meet and greet out of it.

I listened to the Dis Unplugged podcast (they start talking about this particular issue at about 28 minutes in). They say that from a reliable source this is all going to start in October, price increases for almost all buffets as well. I've never thought the buffet food was great, and I won't be one of the one's paying for a buffet at 60 bucks a person, sorry Disney!

I just listened to this to see what was REALLY said

it is not "all character meals."
it is Chef Mickey's dinner
Akershus lunch and dinner
Tusker House lunch and dinner

that is it (for now).

these are the restaurants that showed up with the 2ts "glitch"

They first talked about the reported glitch with the 3 restaurants. Pete then went on to say it was not a glitch. Disney is starting to load the restaurants into their system because all buffets (including all character meal buffets) will be going up to $60.00 for adults and $39 for children or 2 table service credits In October. I believe all character meals are buffets with the exception of CRT but CRT is already priced higher than other character buffets. Listening to it again it will be lunch and dinner. Breakfast will not go up. He also said he got the info from a very reliable source. That was what was REALLY said.

Last edited:
They first talked about the reported glitch with the 3 restaurants. Pete then went on to say it was not a glitch. Disney is starting to load the restaurants into their system because all buffets (including all character meal buffets) will be going up to $60.00 for adults and $39 for children or 2 table service credits In October. I believe all character meals are buffets with the exception of CRT but CRT is already priced higher than other character buffets. Listening to it again it will be lunch and dinner. Breakfast will not go up. He also said he got the info from a very reliable source. That was what was REALLY said.

I seriously doubt ALL buffets will be priced the same. There will always be a premium for character meals over non-character buffets.

I seriously doubt ALL buffets will be priced the same. There will always be a premium for character meals over non-character buffets.
and I think for right now they are testing the waters with the most popular buffets which already (2/3) are more expensive than other buffets... I think with the RoL package they probably expect TH to be as popular as CM

With the prices going through the roof, construction in the parks and crazy meal costs, we keep pushing our next trip further and further out. At this point, we are looking more towards the end of 2018. We may go for an off-site condo and and do meals off-site for the first time.
Until people vote with their wallets, Disney is not going to slow down with these price increases.

Well hopefully breakfast meals will stay the same, since most of our character meals we go to are all breakfast meals, except for 1900 Park Fare bc we love the step sisters they are so funny!

Maybe that's the point, to help kill free dining.

FREE dining is already half dead. The PP was referring to regular, paid dining plan. Problem is, if the price really does go to $60, I predict even more people will get the plan because it's "included" and they don't have to look at that $60 price tag. If they don't do the math, they never figure out that they actually overpay to the tune of $15-20 for that high-priced buffet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter