Checking a Box on Airline vs Luggage

McMonsters

Mouseketeer
We get free checked bags for Delta and I was thinking of checking our stroller. We have gate checked in the past but last trip we missed our connection twice due to it taking forever to get it from under the plane. One missed connection made us miss a way out of Atlanta and we ended up in a scary motel very late at night. Needless to say my 5 year old is terrified of missing a connection and is begging me to leave the stroller this trip but I need one for the 2 year old.

We check a box containing our Tommy Bahama beach chairs on SW. Just check your airline's baggage restrictions so that you're sure your box for your stroller meets their restrictions so you don't have to pay extra. Good luck!

As long as the box is within size and weight limit you should be fine. Just make sure that the box is secure. Make sure that you pack tape so that you can tape the box on your return trip.

If you are connecting on Delta at Atlanta why don't you just schedule a longer connection? They have hourly flights between Atlanta and Orlando.

We had a thick, strong stroller bag that we always used, and checked our stroller at the counter so we did not have to worry about gate checking. Our stroller was never damaged, but YMMV.

I would use the stroller bag. If you happens to be raining and your stuff is sitting on the tarmac the box could get wet and destroyed. And the stroller will be wet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter