Island Tower at Polynesian Villas & Bungalows

PIT for polynesian island tower is what I would like to use. Or maybe PVT for polynesian villas tower. I feel it should start with P at least so everyone knows it's the same association

This will be one interesting with what we end up calling it..

IPVB?
ITPVB?
PVB-I?
Poly 2 like we have been?
🤔
Since it’s, in the end, a different booking category at the same resort, it’s still PVB in my book.

Jambo House and Kidani Village are Jambo & Kidani for short, or JH & KV, but both are still AKV. BPK is occasionally “VGF2” but still VGF.

It may be a hot take here, but I personally could not care less what the name is for the new tower. I'm just so darn happy to finally be able to get 1- and 2-bedrooms at my beloved Polynesian resort. :love:

I also love other Disney resorts, especially my 2 other home resorts (GF and CC), Animal Kingdom, and Aulani. Every DVC resort has at least something that I really like about it. But the Poly was our first and most special resort since we started going to WDW over 30 years ago, and I'm thrilled that my Poly points will include this beautiful new tower. Maybe I'll change my mind when more info comes out, but right now I'm like Paul Krieger: ready to pop some champagne!
lol, i was thinking of making a kungaloosh to celebrate.

just took a look through the DBPR and they do NOT have the license for the new weeks yet ... that's the reason for the cash stays. They'll just run it as a hotel until PR2341 gets amended. Can't book points without a timeshare license.
If it opens as a hotel in December but doesn’t open as a timeshare until mid-Jan, it would allow them to max hotel revenue at peak season and then they don’t have to give anybody 2024 points, right? 🤔

If it opens as a hotel in December but doesn’t open as a timeshare until mid-Jan, it would allow them to max hotel revenue at peak season and then they don’t have to give anybody 2024 points, right? 🤔
Point are based on use year, not calendar year, so yes, even if you couldn't book until 2025, everyone would get 2024 points (no January use year, if I'm not mistaken).

That’s actually not true. It’ll be a shorter walk to the original VGF building, but not the GF main building.

Tower to Captain Cook’s, Trader Sam’s, or Ohana actually looks like it will be closer than Moorea and Pago Pago are.
Not just look but is! I did an informal experiment a few weeks ago. TTC side exit of Pago Pago to Capt. Cooks and then from there to...I got as far as Aotearoa...and of course depending on how easy they make the connection from there to the tower...was about the same. From Moorea even closer from tower to GCH.

I just love the Poly so much and this new building will add a whole new "complex" feel to the resort. Assuming it doesn't get horribly crowded...and it very well may...then this will be the new hot spot. In fact it almost feels like it'll just blend Poly and GF into one giant resort community. Hope Disney makes the walkway accessible again.

Repeating what I wrote in the speculation thread that was closed today:

I think PVIT would be great for the abbreviation. It both identifies the location and the feelings of so many regarding this buildings design and set up.

Far better ring than PIT

I hate to say it, but it's most likely going to remain PVB. The PVB name previous to the tower made little sense since they didn't really have any "villas" as they were just studios and bungalows. Now with the tower they do have villas, so why would they change it? The PVB name finally makes sense!

Here is the lobby of the Marriott Marquis in Downtown SF and Downtown Portland…

Attachments

• IMG_1444.jpeg
    IMG_1444.jpeg
    53.2 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_3401.jpeg
    IMG_3401.jpeg
    62.3 KB · Views: 79

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter