Check your non-expire tickets (and possibly regular tickets too). Ticket system “upgrade”

I just experienced days magically disappearing on my non-expiring park hopper. So I think there are still glitches.

A couple days ago I added some new 3-day tickets to MDE for an upcoming family trip. I remembered this thread and decided to check our non-expiring park hoppers. BAM - my ticket had 0 days left, but everyone elses tickets were fine. So I emailed Disney with my ticket information and got an email back from them the next day asking me to call. The CM I talked to was very helpful. The first system she checked showed that I had zero days left on the ticket, but then she checked another system to count the times I had actually used the ticket - yup, I should have 6 days on that ticket.

So after a brief hold, the CM came back and explained to me that since they cannot add days back onto that ticket that they were issuing me a 6-Day Park Hopper Complimentary ticket (no dates, so non-expiring). Yay! 🥳 Do I trust that their systems won't magically lose the new ticket? Ummmm... :oops:
I know this sounds very much like I distrust the system BUT, if I were you I would have asked for 6 separate 1 day park hoppers. Even though they said the complimentary park ticket won’t expire I don’t necessarily trust that it won’t expire after 14 days of first use. Does that make sense? In reality the value of the non expiring option is the ability to use it at any point with a single day here or there. We have had two days taken over the last few years and it has always been when we have active annual passes, so understand the frustration! Non expiring tickets are gold!

I know this sounds very much like I distrust the system BUT, if I were you I would have asked for 6 separate 1 day park hoppers. Even though they said the complimentary park ticket won’t expire I don’t necessarily trust that it won’t expire after 14 days of first use. Does that make sense?
I asked about this very thing twice. I was assured that the rest of the days will not expire 14 days after first use. Fingers crossed!

A few days ago I called because I only one of my three non-expiring 10 entry tickets was linked (as well as my AP). I tried linking the other two to no avail, and the fine print had a phone number to call.
The CM was able to link one ticket, but the other--my first one I bought---with only water park admissions left, he couldn't link.
He told me to write to ticket.usage@disneyworld.com with pictures of the front and back, and that they'd be able to link it.
Sure enough, it is now linked with 0 days remaining. Only problem is, they all expire December 31, 2099. I'll only be 146 then, so I hope Member Services will give me an extension then.
Question: Since I have three tickets with time linked, one of which is an AP, when I enter using the MB, will it automatically credit the AP, or will I lose a day from one of the tickets?

A few days ago I called because I only one of my three non-expiring 10 entry tickets was linked (as well as my AP). I tried linking the other two to no avail, and the fine print had a phone number to call.
The CM was able to link one ticket, but the other--my first one I bought---with only water park admissions left, he couldn't link.
He told me to write to ticket.usage@disneyworld.com with pictures of the front and back, and that they'd be able to link it.
Sure enough, it is now linked with 0 days remaining. Only problem is, they all expire December 31, 2099. I'll only be 146 then, so I hope Member Services will give me an extension then.
Question: Since I have three tickets with time linked, one of which is an AP, when I enter using the MB, will it automatically credit the AP, or will I lose a day from one of the tickets?
The system should be smart enough to use an AP before a non expire ticket, but that isn’t always the case. You can have your AP prioritized at guest services before entering a park. Or move your non expire tickets to another profile you create for yourself using your initials or middle name, etc. That is what we did after getting tired of prioritizing tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter