Check those rental car prices!

blondietink

DIS Veteran
FYI - For our upcoming visit to Hawaii starting 9/13, I have been religiously checking rental cr prices. Once an SUV was cheaper than a mini van so I switched saving $100. Checked last week which is 2 weeks before our trip and the mini-van I originally wanted was $100 less than the SUV. So, I switched again and now have saved a total of $200 off my original rental.

As in the past, it seems that 2 weeks prior to a trip is when the rental cars, at least on Hawaii, drop in prices. Still waiting on our Maui portion to drop, but since many of the classes are sold out, I'm not holding out much hope for a price drop there, but you never know!

Yes we booked a luxury car for cheaper than economy and compact. --go figure!

I wonder if this is true during more peak periods also or just during this slower fall time?? Does anyone know?
Good advice to keep checking though :)

Yeah, in June, we rented a Tahoe in Hilo because it was cheaper than a minivan. In Honolulu, the minivan was cheaper. It just seems like it's random sometimes.

Happened when it's off peak times. My last trip was on Labor Day week and the price never dropped. Actually I was glad that I booked the rental car as soon as I made flight reservations. The price kept climbing up since I booked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter