Character meet and greets for adults

tenneycjt

DIS Veteran
I've always wanted to do the anna and elsa meet and greet but i have to admit to being a bit embarrassed, Just wonderin how do they interact with adults with no children, I would probably be with my mom. Looking back on my trips i love the character photos the best, I've done pluto and oswald but none with the princesses or super heros. Any experiances?

I've always wanted to do the anna and elsa meet and greet but i have to admit to being a bit embarrassed, Just wonderin how do they interact with adults with no children, I would probably be with my mom. Looking back on my trips i love the character photos the best, I've done pluto and oswald but none with the princesses or super heros. Any experiances?

I've met virtually every character in the parks. They're great with everyone. I've only ever been to character meets with all adults or as a group of adults with a 7 week old. Have fun and don't be embarrassed.

Agree with the above. Whether we do the M&Gs (all characters!) with kids or not, it is always super fun. The characters are really good at guest interaction, no matter what the guest's age.

If you are wearing anything noticeable, like a special hat or pin or a Disbounding outfit, they will comment on that or act out a comment as well.

Characters just love to play. If you're nervous with the face characters - since they can talk - ask them questions about their movies or where something related to their character. I wear a silver necklace with a rose on it 95% on the time and Belle has commented on it several times. I use myself as a prop and show the princesses the tattoos I have of them if I draw a blank... but that last one is pretty specific to me lol

Characters just love to play. If you're nervous with the face characters - since they can talk - ask them questions about their movies or where something related to their character. I wear a silver necklace with a rose on it 95% on the time and Belle has commented on it several times. I use myself as a prop and show the princesses the tattoos I have of them if I draw a blank... but that last one is pretty specific to me lol
What are your favorite places to meet characters?

We don't have kids, but we love character interactions! Belle and DH once had a 15 minute conversation on cooking - somehow we got on the subject of food and DH mentioned how much he loved to cook. Belle said she did too, but it was tricky when the dishes started to dance - it was hilarious! Def. one of my favorite memories!

What are your favorite places to meet characters?

Anywhere really. I like the princess faire to meet 2-3 princesses at once. I love their outfits of the classic Fab 5 on Buena Vista street too. Meeting Minnie on her porch is great fun too! All the standard greeting locations are listed on the app and in the maps.

DD7 is SO OVER Frozen, but I'm not, so I went to see A&E on my own 2 weeks ago. We had a lovely chat about frozen hot chocolate.

Nothing to be embarrassed about! When I went to WDW for the first time last December, I checked the FP+ daily until I got one for Elsa and Anna! And it was just me and my boyfriend on the trip! (He was not impressed by my ability to snag a FP+ for Elsa). Anna was adorable and asked if my boyfriend was a Fixer Upper, I said yes haha! We chatted about boys and how to win Kristoff's heart. I said through his stomach, it was super fun! Elsa was very regal, and commented on my Olaf sweatshirt.

I loved meeting them, but getting to meet Merida was my favorite memory! She was so cute, and noticed everything about my outfit - my curly hair, Merida on my shirt, and my necklace with her brothers as bears on one of her arrows. I LOVED it!! She interacted with my boyfriend as well, who was not so into meeting the princesses. It was cute. At the end I gave her a big hug, which I don't think she was expecting. But she was just the sweetest and totally embraced it. Definitely my favorite memory, and photos, from our trip!!

So go meet Elsa and Anna! I'm going to try and meet Olaf on my upcoming trip, but I really want to meet Oswald and Judy! And maybe Elsa again, just because I still love Frozen :)

Nothing to be embarrassed about! When I went to WDW for the first time last December, I checked the FP+ daily until I got one for Elsa and Anna! And it was just me and my boyfriend on the trip! (He was not impressed by my ability to snag a FP+ for Elsa). Anna was adorable and asked if my boyfriend was a Fixer Upper, I said yes haha! We chatted about boys and how to win Kristoff's heart. I said through his stomach, it was super fun! Elsa was very regal, and commented on my Olaf sweatshirt.

I loved meeting them, but getting to meet Merida was my favorite memory! She was so cute, and noticed everything about my outfit - my curly hair, Merida on my shirt, and my necklace with her brothers as bears on one of her arrows. I LOVED it!! She interacted with my boyfriend as well, who was not so into meeting the princesses. It was cute. At the end I gave her a big hug, which I don't think she was expecting. But she was just the sweetest and totally embraced it. Definitely my favorite memory, and photos, from our trip!!

So go meet Elsa and Anna! I'm going to try and meet Olaf on my upcoming trip, but I really want to meet Oswald and Judy! And maybe Elsa again, just because I still love Frozen :)
I've never seed Merida at the park , As a guy i love frozen.

Don't be embarrassed, meeting characters are great! I'm in my early 20s and i always make an effort to meet all the characters and do character dining (when i can afford it). The characters are really good with making conversations with guests. Sometimes they talk so much I don't even get a chance to say anything before we have to take photos. lol

Some talking points: Ask about their movies, if they've been to any good parties or royal balls lately, comment on their outfits or venue they're meeting at. Also, I would watch some Youtube videos of others meeting characters and hear what questions they ask. Like at Mickey's Christmas party at WDW, I asked Flynn Rider if he actually had anything in his satchel. I would have never even thought of asking that if I hadn't seen a Youtuber ask.

Don't be embarrassed! At all!! The characters are fantastic and used to meeting everybody, no matter who is in the group.
You'll get some fantastic pictures.

I always do an internal sigh of relief when we're behind adults only, because I know it'll be fast. And we try to be fast too. Leaves more time for families with kiddos to interact.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter