character autographs and lines

blessedmomofboys

Mouseketeer
Are the lines long to get autographs on the Magic? Can you get autographs from the characters when you see them randomly walk by or do you have to get them while in line? Also, will they sign autographs at the character breakfast?

They were signing at the breakfast last week.
We didn't do autographs on our trip just because our kids already have 2 books from WDW trips, but we saw all the characters signing all week.

We ran into Belle on deck 4 around lunch and Chip and Dale on deck 9 at breakfast and were able to walk right up to them. Also Pluto, Mickey and Lilo and Stitch in the clubs during activities. Otherwise we had short waits (0 to 10 min) for characters the rest of the week... with the exception of the Princess Gathering... if you are doing that.. get there an hour early, no exaggeration!

Are the lines long to get autographs on the Magic? Can you get autographs from the characters when you see them randomly walk by or do you have to get them while in line? Also, will they sign autographs at the character breakfast?

You might, but the "handler" may taze you. ;)

Seriously, the lines usually move quickly and it helps (as with everything Disney) to plan. Your Navigator will tell you each day which characters will be where and when. Go a little early and you might get the front of the line.

Typically the handler will keep them moving when going through the ship - On the magic they come out on deck 4 - by the Buena Vista Theater - just past shutters. I've never had a problem getting in line on either Magic or Wonder and getting autographs with the kids. DW and I usually split up so that we are both in different lines at the same time - that way we get done with one and then can pop right over to the other.

The breakfast - they will sign - but have your books / items ready with pen - since they are going to every table they have a limited amount of time to spend.

Breakfast varies whether they will sign or not. Sometimes it is photos only.

When they are walking thru the ship, it is really up to the character/handler whether they will sign or not. On deck 9 they usually will. On deck 4 it depends on whether they are just "roaming around" (in which case they will) or if they are on the way to a scheduled appearance (in which case, usually not). You will see them ALL over the ship...deck 5, the fitness center, deck 9 as well as all the scheduled appearances. There are lines of various length, but the character interaction is way better than at WDW in general!

If there is a character you really want to see call the PALS line onboard every night for the exact schedule for the next day. This includes specific characters & locations throughout the day including those "surprise" appearances on decks 9 & 10. We get there 5-10 minutes before the start time, but 30-40 for the princesses. If the times are during early dinner it is great because there won't be much of a line at all. We go between courses to either the atrium or preludes, get a picture & autograph then return to dinner. It takes a couple minutes tops.

Glad someone asked this question, because from the pics I've seen from friends' cruises it sure looked like little to no wait for characters. I had no idea we would have to plan to see princesses... the only thing my DD4 wants to see! We just went to MK Saturday and the line for princesses in Toontown Fair was 45 min... much longer than what we are used to so we passed. Since that area is closing 2/11 I feel bad I didn't let her have one last meet with them before they "move". Was hoping the lines on DCL would be shorter!

Thanks for the info so I can plan in advance.

It is better to wait that 30 minutes in the beginning than over an hour further back in the line. If someone else can take your GD around to look at various things in the atrium while you hold your spot in line that is fine. It is much easier to do this when you have young children and the line is accessible, unlike the toontown set up. While Belle, Snow White, Tiana and Aurora were in the lineup, Alice started greeting people at the beginning of the line and moved along. She did stop to talk to the kids and take pictures/sign autographs if you asked her to. Also Cinderella came out a bit after it started and was roaming deck 4 around the railings. There wasn't a formal spot for her but everyone did form a line where she was.

We just got home from our first Disney cruise. One thing I had read and worked great for us was to bring items to have autographed. I brought a personalized pillow case and a blank white picture frame mat. We dropped them off the first day at the front desk and they delivered them back to our room at the end completely signed! We still took my son for some photos but it was nice to just skip the longer lines because we had the autographs covered!

We got in line for the princess gathering 20 minutes early and did not meet the princesses until 1 hour and 40 minutes later. Little kids were having to go to the bathroom, hungry and some even fell asleep. It was worth it in the end, I guess, but the waiting was the low point of our cruise. They seriously need to add more princess gatherings or use a ticket or other system.

Jumping in to say that on our recent (Jan 8-15th) cruise on the Magic, we would get in a line which didn't look too long. However, I was shocked at how slowly the line would move. This was due to parties insisting on the most ridiculous number of pictures with the character. We saw more than one family insisting on 10 different poses with various family members (i.e. grandma and grandpa with Mickey, grandma alone with mickey, grandpa alone with Mickey, grandparents/grandkids with Mickey, grandkids only, grandparents/parents/kids with Mickey, parents/kids with Mickey, all the cousins with Mickey, aunts/uncles/kids with Mickey, boys only with Mickey, girls only with Mickey etc.

It was, quite frankly, ridiculous. I wanted one picture of my children with Mickey. We took less than 30 seconds. I wish other people would have been more considerate - there were kids at the back of the line who didn't get a chance at all :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter