Changing resorts possible?

Boolar

Earning My Ears
Booked to stay at CBR, but thinking about asking to switch to Beach Club or Yacht. Can i do that when I get there and check in, and what are the odds they would give me a discount on the upgrade?

Not sure when you're planning to go but if you already know you want to try and switch, I'd try to do that BEFORE your trip not once you get there as CBR's front desk folks won't be able to help you with any discounts for another resort.

I would call Disney reservations right now to try to make that change. Just explain your situation and they will be able to give you all the options. Better to know than to be disappointed later. Good luck!

Generally, if you choose to change at check in you will be charged rack rate for the new room. Discounts don't confer from one reservation to the new one. If you really want to change you should book ahead of time to take advantage of any discounts that are offered.

Booked to stay at CBR, but thinking about asking to switch to Beach Club or Yacht. Can i do that when I get there and check in, and what are the odds they would give me a discount on the upgrade?
You can always ask but:
If you are arriving this fall during food & wine there are unlikely to be any rooms at YC/BC/BWI let alone rooms at a discount.
How are you arriving? Driving or rental car - no problem. DME? You'll need to grab your bags at the airport (which if you're from Canada you'll need to anyway to clear customs) and if there's a YC/BC room available plan to take a taxi from CBR to YC/BC as there's no other way to get from resort to resort w/ luggage.
CBR is a lovely peaceful resort. YC/BC are very convenient for Epcot & pretty convenient to DHS. Have a great trip where ever you end up.

For that matter, BC/YC are calling some people due to overbooking and trying to move them.

I think the odds on requesting w move in next 2 months is low; getting a discount on rack is unlikely.

If you request the change at check-in and there is availability, you will have to pay the prevailing rate (rack rate at that time). When they used to offer AAA room discounts, it was still possible to get a discount day-of (if you were a AAA member, that is), but that is no longer the case.

I think the major problem you will be facing is availability specially during F&W. Of course this will depend on your dates. The front desk will most likely help you, but most likely at rack rate.

As others have already suggested, if you want the BC< best to book it now, if you can. Years ago I had read able these lovely upgrades folks were granted at checkin, and was planning to ask for the cost to upgrade to CL when we arrived. A few posters advised on each thread to book the room view and resort class you want becuase the odds of making that change are not great, especially if you are looking for a discount. WE booked our CL and we're happy, it was sold out once we arrived.

DME? You'll need to grab your bags at the airport (which if you're from Canada you'll need to anyway to clear customs)

Not necessarily. The majority of Canadians pre-clear customs in their departure airport (any of the main ones) and thus arrive without needing any further interaction with officials. Generally, you walk out just like any domestic flight, and DME collects your bags, etc.

Not necessarily. The majority of Canadians pre-clear customs in their departure airport (any of the main ones) and thus arrive without needing any further interaction with officials. Generally, you walk out just like any domestic flight, and DME collects your bags, etc.
Yep, all major Canadian airports have US Customs and Immigration Clearance. You do it in Canada and are treated as a US donmestic flight on arrival.

My experience with changing resorts is thar my original discounted rate was honored. That said, it was about 7 years ago, so it's possible that they used to honor the discount, but no longer do.

I do agree with others that if you know in advance that you want a different resort, it would be best to book it now.

At this late date, there may not be discounted rooms available and there would be no reason to offer you a discount on an upgrade. As the others have said, call and make the change before you go.

Yep, all major Canadian airports have US Customs and Immigration Clearance. You do it in Canada and are treated as a US donmestic flight on arrival.
Cool, thanks for the info. how convenient!
I've been busy trying to organize my trip in 50 days from SFO to Venice w/ a layover in Frankfurt so have immigration/customs/Shengen on the brain :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter